Jul 04 2012
By: supioriia Splicer 76 posts

Android/Google Play Store games

7 replies 452 views Edited Jul 4, 2012
So the Sony Xperia Plqy has all the functionally and features of an Android smartphone as well as being essentially a PSP GO. I believe it also has acces to PSN/PS Store.

Anyone with an Android can tell you the awesome games some developers have put out for Android, and recently I've just been amazed with some of the new games on the Play store. Wouldn't it be cool/amazing and awesome if Vita owners got access to some of this sweet mobile gaming? They have mobile titles like Mass Effect and Dead Space for like $6 and i even saw Rockstar release the full and original GTA: III for 5 dollars.

These new mobile games would be perfect for the Vita. Especially since (despite my phone being supported) some games require a phone with a faster processer, etc. i couldn't buy GTA =(

Maybe only a limited Android selection for Vita? It wouldn't really take away from PS Store sales i dont think, and it would help VITA sales.
What do you guys think?
Message 1 of 8 (452 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11374 posts

Re: Android/Google Play Store games

Jul 4, 2012

The problem is that you would have to install a version of Android on the Vita, replacing the Vita OS that is compatible with Vita software.  So basically, you'd have to decide if you want to play Vita games or Android games.  You wouldn't be able to do both.  The Xperia play phones have an emulator in them that plays Playstation titles.

Message 2 of 8 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 7, 2012
I suppose that is true, didnt think about that

but wouldnt it be possible to emulate android on the VITA?

its definitely a long shot, but i thought it would be a cool idea. the bottom line is i want in on some of the mobile gaming that smartphones have birthed recently. maybe if sony started hooking up with developers to start offering their mobile versions Mass Effect and Dead Space, plus others, for the VITA specifically, then we wouldnt have the Android/VITA OS issue
Message 3 of 8 (393 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Jul 7, 2012

supioriia wrote:
I suppose that is true, didnt think about that

but wouldnt it be possible to emulate android on the VITA?

its definitely a long shot, but i thought it would be a cool idea. the bottom line is i want in on some of the mobile gaming that smartphones have birthed recently. maybe if sony started hooking up with developers to start offering their mobile versions Mass Effect and Dead Space, plus others, for the VITA specifically, then we wouldnt have the Android/VITA OS issue

Well hopefully that's what Playstation Mobile will bring, when it launches on the Vita.

But emulating Android OS would be considered modding, and that just opens up even more exploits. Sony wouldn't condone that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 8 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

well i meant that Sony would implement the emulator

but in that case nevermind emulating Android, if PlayStation Mobile brings out the games i want to my VITA then i will be happy.

I like the bigger titles making standalone games, like Mass Effect. how sick would Mass Effect on the VITA be?? but what i liked so much about the Andoid games are the smaller price tags.  So if PS MOBILE brings out these games at a low price then i will definitley be looking forward to that.

Message 5 of 8 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 7, 2012

supioriia wrote:
So the Sony Xperia Plqy has all the functionally and features of an Android smartphone as well as being essentially a PSP GO. I believe it also has acces to PSN/PS Store.

Anyone with an Android can tell you the awesome games some developers have put out for Android, and recently I've just been amazed with some of the new games on the Play store. Wouldn't it be cool/amazing and awesome if Vita owners got access to some of this sweet mobile gaming? They have mobile titles like Mass Effect and Dead Space for like $6 and i even saw Rockstar release the full and original GTA: III for 5 dollars.

These new mobile games would be perfect for the Vita. Especially since (despite my phone being supported) some games require a phone with a faster processer, etc. i couldn't buy GTA =(

Maybe only a limited Android selection for Vita? It wouldn't really take away from PS Store sales i dont think, and it would help VITA sales.
What do you guys think?

Why Android? Just port the games to the ViTa. The Android versions are just ports of the iOS versions. I looked up Mass Effect and it's availible for the iPhone and iPad (for a $1). The latest iPad has the same GPU as in the ViTa. I know nothing of the CPU in the ViTa. You are not going to get Android onto the ViTa. And I don't think anyone wants to deal with Android on the ViTa. More Android phones are out there than iphones yet you'd never guess cuz you never see people using them for anything but as a phone. The iPhone on the other hand, you will commonly see in people's hands actively being used when on a train or waiting in a store. 

Message 6 of 8 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7412 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

I think sony is bringing playstation games to HTC phones, i love my samsung galaxy s3 but if sony creates a phone with ps4/psvita functionality then i would most likely get that phone even though i love samsung's phones

Message 7 of 8 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Emulating android on the Vita is just a Stupid idea and will NEVER happen, all u need to do is port the game.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 8 of 8 (342 Views)
0 Likes