Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: And the Best "Surprise" game goes to......

Dec 13, 2013

It's a great game. Reminds me of the punishing pace Gradius 3 for SNES had, which was my jam back in the day!

Message 11 of 31 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Dec 13, 2013
I'm a have to go Resogun! All the shooters to me were lacking though CoD Ghosts multiplayer is the best yet.
324Krew
Message 12 of 31 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2013

millloblooom wrote:
3rd post because I just bought the ps4. If people are happy with awful games like this then don't be surprised if game companies stop putting the effort into making good ones. Soon games of resogun quality will be selling for $100. I really regret spending $400 for this PS4. At least the xbox360 it wasn't a money grab, you got things.

Buy Xbox Live so you can go watch Netflix on it, then. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 13 of 31 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
3020 posts

Dec 13, 2013
I really enjoyed Resogun. I thought that NBA 2K14 was surprisingly good. I had not played a basketball game in a long time, but I really like some of the different game modes.
Message 14 of 31 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8036 posts

Dec 13, 2013
can someone offer to remove the sand from Mr blooms vigay?
Hey That Chris signature
Message 15 of 31 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11003 posts

Dec 13, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:
Someone either has no clue how complicated it is to run billions of particles on the screen at 1080p, or they simply suck at Resogun.

Hard to figure out which one it is.

I think I'm going to have to go with option number 3.

- Does not actually own a PS4.

Message 16 of 31 (132 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2013

millloblooom wrote:
3rd post because I just bought the ps4. If people are happy with awful games like this then don't be surprised if game companies stop putting the effort into making good ones. Soon games of resogun quality will be selling for $100. I really regret spending $400 for this PS4. At least the xbox360 it wasn't a money grab, you got things.

If you really think that the 360 was not a money grab... You're lying to yourself. The UI was changed, and the current scheme was ENGINEERED to make profit from advertisements, developers and publishers alike spend TONS of money for an ad of their game to get any sort of visibility, and we're talking HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars for one little tile to show a game for a few times a day for a week straight. 

They would get a much better deal going with traditional advertising, billboards and TV commercials, with the money MS is charging.

Sony has never done that. If a new name in out, its on the Blog, and it may pop up on the What's New on the PS3. I have yet to see anything of the sort on PS4. 

Sony doesn't need to grab money out of Dev/pub hands to advertise. They let industry journalists, peers, forum and current adverts to do that for them AT NO COST TO ANY ONE. 

When new, you had to spend $800 on a 360, to match what the PS3 had. And even now, you still cannot upgrade the HDD, on Xbone, and on current 360's.... Still you're paying up to $150 for a HDD upgrade that is only 250GB. 

You are quite possibly THE ONLY person to not like Resogun, and to nitpick at it and insult it by saying it should just be a game for mobile devices, you're obviously not old enough to know that some of the most popular games in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's, is where Resogun gets its inspiration from. 

You regret buying a PS4 as well? You bought one because its $100 cheaper than Xbone didnt you? Guess what, better games are coming. The console is only 1month old... Things take time to get better.

If you don't like like Resogun and the type of game itmis., that's fine, but to say it belongs only as a smartphone/tablet game... That's a huge insult. And no mobile device could ever run it anyway. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 31 (123 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 13, 2013

Kaoz_324k wrote:
I'm a have to go Resogun! All the shooters to me were lacking though CoD Ghosts multiplayer is the best yet.

Get out. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 18 of 31 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Dec 13, 2013

I agree it is one of the best games on Ps4 right now. It is simple but so much fun. So glad that this one is free. 

Message 19 of 31 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Dec 13, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:
Someone either has no clue how complicated it is to run billions of particles on the screen at 1080p, or they simply suck at Resogun.

Hard to figure out which one it is.

I think I'm going to have to go with option number 3.

- Does not actually own a PS4.

Or  all three combined is the correct answer haha

Message 20 of 31 (114 Views)
0 Likes