Sep 22 2012
By: SYTHER_SYNTHESIS First Son 14 posts

Analog stick popped out...help?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 4381 views Edited Nov 12, 2014

the black analog stick for my ps3 popped out and when i put it back in place it wont how do i get this back in there right? do i have to take apart my ps3 controller? any help would me welcomed and much appreciated

added label ask the community. GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 11 (4,381 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Analog stick popped out...help?

Sep 22, 2012
You would have to take apart your PS3 controller. It's not super hard. I do it regularly. Just take it slow.
Message 2 of 11 (4,373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 22, 2012
what type of screw driver do i need
Message 3 of 11 (4,366 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Sep 22, 2012
One that fits...

I honestly have no idea about the specifics. I just rummaged around the toolbox till I found a wee one that fit.
Message 4 of 11 (4,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 22, 2012
i got small enough bits but the driver itself is a regular adaptable one idk how its goin to fit
Message 5 of 11 (4,359 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Sep 22, 2012
This happened to me and I actually got it back in without taking it apart. Look at the bottom of the analog stick and you'll see that there is only a certain. Way it will attach to the base. Use the seem in the plastic controller where the two halves of the controller connect to keep track. Once you get it lined up just push as hard as you can.
Message 6 of 11 (4,350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2014

Dont listen to all these people telling you to take your controller apart. I tried and all i did was strip the screws so now i can never take the controller apart. What I did was I took the joystick and bent the bottom of it so it was a oval shape instead of a circle. I then put it in at an angle (Giggidy) and kept trying so that the rod would like up with the little hole on the underside of the joystick until it finally worked. Email me at tylercrummey@yahoo.ca for more information.

Message 7 of 11 (2,986 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Nov 12, 2014

MilitaryTactics4 wrote:

Dont listen to all these people telling you to take your controller apart. I tried and all i did was strip the screws so now i can never take the controller apart. What I did was I took the joystick and bent the bottom of it so it was a oval shape instead of a circle. I then put it in at an angle (Giggidy) and kept trying so that the rod would like up with the little hole on the underside of the joystick until it finally worked. Email me at tylercrummey@yahoo.ca for more information.

sorry to say you used a cheap screw driver then. Use a good name brand #1 phillips driver and the screws will come right out. <by the way not hating but cheap drivers are never the size they say they are. Always a little bigger or small and due to this they strip the screws>

Message 8 of 11 (2,982 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3098 posts

Nov 12, 2014

MilitaryTactics4 wrote:

If you stripped the screws then you used the wrong size Screw Driver... I have taken old controllers apart all the time to clean and fix them and never once have i ever stripped the screws

Message 9 of 11 (2,978 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5821 posts

Nov 12, 2014

Jewelers screwdrivers work very well.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 10 of 11 (2,956 Views)
0 Likes