Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: An issue with my PSP screen

Nov 2, 2010

and honestly its not really bad enough to make it unplayable or bother me too much, its only slightly annoying... and its only noticable in certain games such as final fantasy tactics war of the lions, or more notably when your on the XMB you can notice it as well, however it is not noticable at all while playing MGS peace walker...

but yeah, this problem sounds exactly like what the original poster said, im 98 percent positive were both having the same problem

Message 61 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 2, 2010

Oblique, 

Sorry to hear you have the same issue. I'm assuming your PSP 3000 is a new one? Looks like Sony still has not fixed the problem.  

Mine is only noticeable on very dark screens, but is annoying nonetheless. The worst part is that I sent my original back which was probably the best out of the bunch that I got back. I think I went through 3 replacement units before I gave up because they were all the same. I've heard the PSP Go doesn't have this problem though.

If you can, post a picture so we can compare. I'll see if I can't get a picture of mine as well.

Message 62 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 2, 2010

i tried to take a pic with my webcam but it was kind of hard with the brightness of the screen and what not, it didnt look right, i will try to make an attempt though

Message 63 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 2, 2010

and yes it is a fairly new psp 3000, it is the camo metal gear solid big boss pack psp, got it when peace walker came out, i honestly dont know if it had this problem when i first got it or if it is something new because its not noticable while playing peace walker and shooter type games, like gta, its more noticable in the XMB and like you said with darker colors, and especially noticable in final fantasy tactics, when you look at the blue sky, you can see it, ive also never dropped it, or gotten it wet in any way

Message 64 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 2, 2010

just wanted to let u guys no its not juat the psp 3000. i had 2 original psp slims and both had the same exact problem. thing is my second one def did not have it in the begining it def happened later on believe me im sure because i have ocd and kept checking. so now my new god of war psp... wich by the way is dam sexy,lol,does not have it at all. but im certain it will happen after time. could be a way im using it but i doubt it because i treat my video games extremely well,better than my wife lol..

Message 65 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 3, 2010
I had my PSP Go Slim (black) for 10 months. A couple of days ago the screen started going black (as if the back light turned off) then it would come back on at random. Yesterday the back light just stopped working all together

And yeah I spent around 285 on it after taxes so I treated it extremely well.
Message 66 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 23, 2010

Just to keep the thread active, I've just bought my psp 3001 (black) and also have the same problem with the screen. Same lighter borders. I believe sony has no reason to do this kind of thing. We, consumers, are being disrespected.

Message 67 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 23, 2010

Hi there,

I'm from the uk and I'm a psp collector!Check out my collection.

http://www.playstationcollecting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1

http://www.playstationcollecting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1

Recently in August I purchased a brand new Ratchet and Clank bundle off ebay(US version), however when I opened the box and fired the psp up it had the very same problem the OP had and many others in this thread. I did some investigating and it seemed it's caused by the faceplate being over tightened in the manufacture process. It can be sorted though by switching the screen out. I had to resort to buying a new screen and replacing it myself. The psp is perfect now. I suggest you return the unit back to the shop or ring the sony help line for some advice. I couldn't do this because I purchased outside of US.

HF

Message 68 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 24, 2010

I agree. I went through around 4 replacement units trying to get a good one, until I finally gave up. I just don't have the time to keep sending units back and forth to Sony when they keep sending me ones with the same problem. It appears that this is a widespread issue, but they are choosing to ignore it because nobody has sued or put up a big enough stink. Anybody want to pursue a lawsuit against Sony for this? I highly doubt at this point they'd ever do a mass recall as this product has been on the market with this problem for years.

Message 69 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 24, 2010
Ya, but all Sony will do is just send you another bad unit. I'd say a very high percentage of these models have this problem. It's really disappointing, as I expect better quality from Sony.
Message 70 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes