Wastelander
658 posts

Re: An issue with my PSP screen

Jan 15, 2010
And I was thinking about getting a 3000. I thought Sony would have corrected the problem by now. Guess I'm stuck with the 2000 for a little longer. Does the GO have this same type screen? Anybody had any problems with the GO screen yet?
Eagle
Message 31 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Jan 15, 2010

aberrantfoto wrote:

Well, I received my third replacement unit last week and it has the same screen problem. What do you guys think, should I send it back and cross my fingers that they will send me a good one, or just live with it? I could go through a dozen of these before actually getting a good one!

I'm starting to get fed-up with this situation.

Message Edited by aberrantfoto on 01-14-2010 08:46 PM

What happens if you change the background color to a lighter one?  I'm looking at my screen and I'm noticing some shadowing using the darker colors but nothing when I use lighter colors.

Eagle
Message 32 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 15, 2010

Rabid_moose34 wrote:

What you're actually seeing is light refraction.... like a prismatic light effect..... if you hold your PSP at an angle towards a good light source, you should notice a very slight bevel around the edges of the screen lens which causes light to refract off the screen lens and onto the screen, creating the illusion of a border around the playing screen, slight imperfections in this bevel can cause the border to appear squiggly or jagged..... I've attached an image to give you a better idea of what im talking about.

EDIT: The reason this might be more noticible on white and silver PSPs is because the lighter colored shell allows more light to bleed out around the screen edges...... hence adding fuel to the fire.

psp screen

Message Edited by Rabid_moose34 on 01-14-2010 09:47 PM

Interesting. How come some don't have this problem on their silver PSP's? Does that mean that their units have absolutely no imperfections in the bevel? I would find that hard to believe. Guess I should've gotten a 2000 or black 3000 model.

Message 33 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 15, 2010

WA7JK wrote:

aberrantfoto wrote:

Well, I received my third replacement unit last week and it has the same screen problem. What do you guys think, should I send it back and cross my fingers that they will send me a good one, or just live with it? I could go through a dozen of these before actually getting a good one!

I'm starting to get fed-up with this situation.

Message Edited by aberrantfoto on 01-14-2010 08:46 PM

What happens if you change the background color to a lighter one?  I'm looking at my screen and I'm noticing some shadowing using the darker colors but nothing when I use lighter colors.

Ya, on mine it is much more noticeable on the darker colors than the lighter ones. On the very light grey color, it is hardly even there. 

I start to really tell when I'm viewing a dark video clip or playing a game where the edges are darker in color. Pretty much sucks.

Message 34 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Jan 15, 2010
Personally, if it wasn't interferring with the games or movies you are playing, I wouldn't worry about it. As with all LCD screens, they are back lit. The light beams through the crystal element. Like it was said earlier, the case is silver. The light is refracting back into the screen. I would just continue to play it rather than send it in for repair.
Eagle
Message 35 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
919 posts

Jan 15, 2010

My first 3000 was like that till I bricked it

My second 3000 (not bricked) still has the isshue

I just ignore it HA

Can't Wait for TN-a! I'm ready to hack my psp!
Message 36 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10886 posts

Mar 4, 2010

are the psp slims still having this problem?

It's rumored that Brick Top's favorite means of dispatch involves: a stun-gun, a plastic bag, a roll of tape, and a pack of hungry pigs- Turkish
Message 37 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10886 posts

Mar 4, 2010

WA7JK wrote:
And I was thinking about getting a 3000. I thought Sony would have corrected the problem by now. Guess I'm stuck with the 2000 for a little longer. Does the GO have this same type screen? Anybody had any problems with the GO screen yet?

The psp go does not have this problem

It's rumored that Brick Top's favorite means of dispatch involves: a stun-gun, a plastic bag, a roll of tape, and a pack of hungry pigs- Turkish
Message 38 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Mar 4, 2010

Are you sure it's on the screen, not the faceplate? It can also be backlight bleed because from what I heard 3000s are darn bright.

Message 39 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10886 posts

Mar 5, 2010

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Are you sure it's on the screen, not the faceplate? It can also be backlight bleed because from what I heard 3000s are darn bright.

its definitely not backlight bleed.

Message 40 of 72 (245 Views)
0 Likes