Aug 27 2013
By: OrdealByFire Sackboy 511 posts

An idea for KillZone's classes to "spice things up"...

4 replies 95 views Edited Aug 27, 2013

I'm not sure if it's been done in any other games, but why not different weights for classes? I know that in R6V you could wear no armor to move faster, and the more you put on the slower you went, but I haven't seen anything like that in games I've played since then... and that was 2006.

For instance, Support would have extra armor, but would move a bit slower, and make more noise as they moved. Recon would have very little armor, but would move quickly, and be relatively silent while sprinting. As for assault, it's right in the middle -- average speed, average volume, average armor. I don't think this is a very innovative idea, and I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented. Or hey, maybe it has been and I just haven't heard anything about it then. I think it would make the gameplay more interesting, and make people more likely to change up classes rather than picking one and sticking with it.

47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Message 1 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Re: An idea for KillZone's classes to "spice things up"...

Aug 27, 2013

In Brink you had 3 weight classes, small, medium and heavy. In that game the bigger your weight the bigger a target you were, the more health you had, but you could only do basic parkour moves, whereas the lighter you were, the smaller and faster you became and you could parkour more, but you had very little health.

I like the idea

Message 2 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12752 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Well killzone mercenary has that. You choose the armor, and it gives you speed, bullet protection, and footstep noise
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 5 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

Dust 514 has a similar system with Armor Plates. The more you wear, the slower you move.

In addition to that, all of the 'Frames' have a weight difference.

Message 4 of 5 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 28, 2013
D*** right killzone mercs has it

And now I have to poop.
I would love to work for any gaming company but I believe that I lack the necessary requirements for hire. Well **** that im gonna buy everything I need to make a videogame myself. It may take me years but I will become a top industry game dev.
Message 5 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes