Mar 07 2012
By: day1dreamer First Son 14 posts

An alternative to downloading from the internet directly...

1 replies 16 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

For all the PS3 gamers do not have internet...

I recommend that in the media section of a Gamers online PSN account, that a link be added that allows the gamer to download their gaming files to a flash drive or portable media from a PC or Mac.  From this point a gamer would then take the files to their PS3 and then download the files from the flashdrive or portable media.

This would be an alternative method of getting firmware updates and downloading one's game files, DLC or free pre-order incentives without  the PS3 having direct access to the internet.   Even if only a small percentage of PS3 gamers do not have internet access to their console, this would still represent millions of PS3 gamers.

These gamers should have the same access to DLC and to free pre-order incentives that the gamers with the internet more directly accessable to their consoles have.  I believe my solution deserves serious consideration by Sony.  I would like to know your thoughts and possible solutions for those gamers that have PS3's but can not afford the internet or for some other reason do not have internet access to their consoles.  

Message 1 of 2 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
40067 posts

Re: An alternative to downloading from the internet directly...

Mar 7, 2012

Have a look here at the PS Blogshare, its a place where users can make suggestions.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 2 (16 Views)
0 Likes