Reply
Oct 26 2013
By: PlayBox_One4 First Son 26 posts
Offline

An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

65 replies 471 views Edited Oct 26, 2013
Here is an objective comparison of the Xbox One and PS4. I can't provide sources, but if you follow "Many Videogames" and "Eurogamer" on Twitter and sift through their tweets you will find them.

Top 5 features of the Xbox One that PS4 cannot match:

-Substantially more powerful CPU
-Marginally faster RAM write speed, better quality RAM for writing (saving)
-HDMI In with many multimedia applications
-Established Cloud Service with 300,000 servers
-Voice/Motion Controls in-package, better quality hardware in Kinect

Top 5 PS4 features the Xbox One cannot match

-Substantially more powerful GPU (UPDATE: Microsoft's Overclocking makes the difference marginal)
-Large Indie lineup
-Removable (upgradeable) HDD
-Substantially faster RAM read speed (will load saves quicker), better quality RAM reading
-Flagship Exclusive launches on launch day (Killzone)

Can't decide? Here's a few facts:

The PS4 has an interior power brick, whereas the XB1 contains an exterior brick. While this decreases space usage, it will increase noise and be more difficult to replace should the brick die.

The Xbox One AND PS4 will run CoD: Ghosts 1080p 60fps (As declared by Microsoft and Sony at E3)

They will both run BF4 at 900p 60fps.

The PS4 will not require PS+ to use streaming apps like YouTube and Netflix. Xbox One will require Gold.

Both Microsoft and Sony have declared their allegiance to Indie Studios. Sony have shown evidence with a large indie launch lineup, but Microsoft offers TWO free XB1 devkit consoles to registered Indie developers. In addition, for unregistered players who want to go developer, every Xbox One is a native devkit that can be utilised with a free development program launching on November 22.

Xbox One can use SmartGlass with iOS, Android, Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and other tablets. In contrast, the PS4's Remote Play will only work with a PSVita.

Both consoles require a day-one update.

The PS4 costs 400USD, whereas the XB1 costs 500. In Brazil, the XB1 costs 1000USD, and the PS4 costs 1800. Yes, 1800. Wow.

Neither console has region locks.

The PS4 supports external hardware saves at launch. This feature will come later on Xbox One at an undisclosed date.

Your data can transfer from 360 to One and from PS3 to PS4, such as trophies or game stats on cross-gens.

You can upgrade a cross-Gen game from 360/PS3 to One/PS4 on both consoles for 10$. However, with Xbox you will have to visit a store to swap them. Playstation can be done digitally by internet or in store.

PS4 holds 15 minutes of your last gameplay. Xbox One holds 5, but includes a video editing service.

Neither console has DRM except on digital games. Both have digital DRM, but on Xbox it can be streamed from Azure at a friend's house with a connection for free.

Neither console will have Third-Party headset support at launch, but in Q1 2014 the Xbox One will receive a headset adapter. No word on PS4 support.
Message 1 of 66 (471 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

Oct 26, 2013

PlayBox_One4 wrote:
Here is an objective comparison of the Xbox One and PS4. 

Top 5 features of the Xbox One that PS4 cannot match:

-Substantially more powerful CPU
-Marginally faster RAM write speed, better quality RAM for writing (saving)
-Voice/Motion Controls in-package


LIES!

Message 2 of 66 (466 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

Oct 26, 2013

PlayBox_One4 wrote:

Top 5 PS4 features the Xbox One cannot match

-Substantially more powerful GPU (UPDATE: Microsoft's Overclocking makes the difference marginal)


Bold is a LIE

Message 3 of 66 (465 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/26/2013
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

Oct 26, 2013
Not a lie (Reduces difference from 30% to roughly 20% if the game uses XB1's CPU), although marginal was perhaps the wrong word. However, what's interesting about the XOne's CPU is graphics can be calculated on it.
Message 4 of 66 (459 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/08/2013
Offline
477 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

Oct 26, 2013

Like I said in the xbox forum how can you claim the Xbox One cpu being "Substantially faster" than the PS4'S when Sony has even confirmed what the clock speed ot the CPU is?

Message 5 of 66 (454 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

Oct 26, 2013

Microsoft gives you a sticker, shows that they care about the customer. AND they are envisioning the future, skype, voice commands, movement with hands.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 6 of 66 (452 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/26/2013
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

Oct 26, 2013
The clock speed of the PS4 is 800MGHZ. The Xbox One's runs at 853MGHZ.
Message 7 of 66 (441 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

Oct 26, 2013

PlayBox_One4 wrote:

Can't decide? Here's a few facts:

Both Microsoft and Sony have declared their allegiance to Indie Studios. Sony have shown evidence with a large indie launch lineup, but Microsoft offers TWO free XB1 devkit consoles to registered Indie developers. In addition, for unregistered players who want to go developer, every Xbox One is a native devkit that can be utilised with a free development program launching on November 22.

Xbox One can use SmartGlass with iOS, Android, Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and other tablets. In contrast, the PS4's Remote Play will only work with a PSVita.

Both consoles require a day-one update.


More LIES

 

#1. Using the Xbone as a Dev kit will not be available at launch - http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/20/xbox-one-retail-debug-delay/

 

#2. Smartglass isn't like remote play that the Vita can display, and the PS4 also supports iOS and Android devices - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/435423/ps4-playstation-app-to-hit-iosandroid-on-november-13/

 

#3. The PS4 does not require a Day one patch to play it's games

 

Anything else you don't know?

Message 8 of 66 (436 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
116 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

PlayBox_One4 wrote:
Here is an objective comparison of the Xbox One and PS4. I can't provide sources, but if you follow "Many Videogames" and "Eurogamer" on Twitter and sift through their tweets you will find them.

Top 5 features of the Xbox One that PS4 cannot match:

-Substantially more powerful CPU
-Marginally faster RAM write speed, better quality RAM for writing (saving)
-HDMI In with many multimedia applications
-Established Cloud Service with 300,000 servers
-Voice/Motion Controls in-package, better quality hardware in Kinect

Top 5 PS4 features the Xbox One cannot match

-Substantially more powerful GPU (UPDATE: Microsoft's Overclocking makes the difference marginal)
-Large Indie lineup
-Removable (upgradeable) HDD
-Substantially faster RAM read speed (will load saves quicker), better quality RAM reading
-Flagship Exclusive launches on launch day (Killzone)

Can't decide? Here's a few facts:

The PS4 has an interior power brick, whereas the XB1 contains an exterior brick. While this decreases space usage, it will increase noise and be more difficult to replace should the brick die.

The Xbox One AND PS4 will run CoD: Ghosts 1080p 60fps (As declared by Microsoft and Sony at E3)

They will both run BF4 at 900p 60fps.

The PS4 will not require PS+ to use streaming apps like YouTube and Netflix. Xbox One will require Gold.

Both Microsoft and Sony have declared their allegiance to Indie Studios. Sony have shown evidence with a large indie launch lineup, but Microsoft offers TWO free XB1 devkit consoles to registered Indie developers. In addition, for unregistered players who want to go developer, every Xbox One is a native devkit that can be utilised with a free development program launching on November 22.

Xbox One can use SmartGlass with iOS, Android, Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and other tablets. In contrast, the PS4's Remote Play will only work with a PSVita.

Both consoles require a day-one update.

The PS4 costs 400USD, whereas the XB1 costs 500. In Brazil, the XB1 costs 1000USD, and the PS4 costs 1800. Yes, 1800. Wow.

Neither console has region locks.

The PS4 supports external hardware saves at launch. This feature will come later on Xbox One at an undisclosed date.

Your data can transfer from 360 to One and from PS3 to PS4, such as trophies or game stats on cross-gens.

You can upgrade a cross-Gen game from 360/PS3 to One/PS4 on both consoles for 10$. However, with Xbox you will have to visit a store to swap them. Playstation can be done digitally by internet or in store.

PS4 holds 15 minutes of your last gameplay. Xbox One holds 5, but includes a video editing service.

Neither console has DRM except on digital games. Both have digital DRM, but on Xbox it can be streamed from Azure at a friend's house with a connection for free.

Neither console will have Third-Party headset support at launch, but in Q1 2014 the Xbox One will receive a headset adapter. No word on PS4 support.

Funny, I don't recall passing a bridge on my way to this forum.


Thank you Sony, for putting gamers first. It's good to be back!

-Former 360 owner and future PS4 owner.
Message 9 of 66 (433 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: An Objective Comparison between Xbox One and PS4

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

PlayBox_One4 wrote:
The clock speed of the PS4 is 800MGHZ. The Xbox One's runs at 853MGHZ.

That is not substantial and the PS4 utilizes GPGPU for many CPU calculations that will easily exceed the Xbone's upclock

 

Anything else?

Message 10 of 66 (431 Views)
Reply
0 Likes