Highlighted
Dec 18 2010
By: saccosrig First Son 8 posts

Amazed with amount of disconnects from the playstion network

2 replies 39 views Edited Dec 18, 2010

So, I purchased my first PS3 a couple weeks ago.  Set everything up and what not.  Start messing around on the network.  Few disconnects.  More than it seems there should be.  But then after I throw in the first game I bought.  Updating the game.  During the update the connection will fail about 75% of the time.  And with updating games.  It doesn't save information that it has already downloaded.  So it has to start from scratch every time.  Keeps failing.... Re sign in and try again, and again, and again.  Got it updated.  But can't wait until I need to do a very large update.  So then a week later I try my hand in downloading a game off the network.  What was I thinking?  If the game is about 100mb I might make it through without a disconnect.

I wish it was just my end, cause I would just fix my set up.  But I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops that I run on my network and all 4 work great, 2 wired and 2 wireless.  I have tried the PS3 both wired and wireless.  Both with same issues.

When I test the connection in the PS3 network menus.  It gives me about a 2.5g download and 1g or so upload rate.  So is testing aok also.

Anyone have any help for me?  Or anyone that has ran into this issue also?  Any help would rock.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Amazed with amount of disconnects from the playstion network

Dec 18, 2010

I dont know how to help you I think you may have to set up your internet settings differently. The Playstation Network is perfectly fine and I havent run into problem since I bought a PS3 back in 07.

Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Re: Amazed with amount of disconnects from the playstion network

Dec 18, 2010

I cant help you any but I feel your pain. My PS3 sucks as far as online goes. I also have my Wii and 360 wireless and both do fine. Downloads are fast for both systems. But the PS3 downloads take forever and it disconnects way too much for comfort. And my NAT is 2.

Message 3 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Likes