Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: Am I the only one that thinks Declassified will fail?

Sep 30, 2012

fail because of the following reasons:

1. graphics

2. 4v4 over Wi-Fi I mean seriously? how about at least 8v8 over 3G or Wi-Fi

3. sfx

4. maps could be the size of the ones in resistance burning skies

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 71 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2597 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Nah, I think everyone believes Declassified will fail all because of Nihilistic.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 71 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6393 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Will it fail? No. Will it come up short? Yes.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 71 (194 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Sep 30, 2012

i think i'll just get it for the trophies and the campaign. i heard the campaign takes place between black ops 1 and 2 on the console. everything else about the game is a no go for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 71 (186 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Sep 30, 2012

1 word.  Nihilistic

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 71 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4405 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Would like to point out that while I'm one of the few who thought Resistance BS was alright (middling at best), I think it's short development cycle is what caused it to be so... drab. Look at the facts to understand. After Resistance, they had to jump right into BlOps Declassified in order for it to be here by the Holiday season. That's a small turnaround to the point that it "was" doomed for failure.

Wait...

Why is was in qoutes in my sentence above? Did anyone notice that one of the major Game Retailers -Gamestop - has changed the Date from December 2012 to December 2013? I think with all the bad press and reactions to the game - someone's light bulb finally came on and said, "Hey you better fix this - give them a longer development cycle to improve the game"

No one bothers to look at Nihilistic as a dev team for hire - they have a contract to make a game in certain time frame and every game they have made so far has a super short development cycle. Maybe Nihilistic could prove themselves to be a good dev team if they were given the chance and long development cycle. Example: Gearbox Software was a developer for hire like Nihilistic - when Gearbox was given a chance at a game with a long development cycle, the company was changed as a whole due to this very game. Borderlands.

Food for thought...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 71 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Sep 30, 2012
It will fail...
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 71 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

it definitely will  we going to be in october soon and we still havent seen any gameplay or multiplayer matches. nothing besides that sh*tty looking trailer they released at gamescom. BO2 for me and this maybe after reviews if im not broke after i buy AC3 and L BO2 NFS vita and ps3.

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 71 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

da1writer wrote:

Would like to point out that while I'm one of the few who thought Resistance BS was alright (middling at best), I think it's short development cycle is what caused it to be so... drab. Look at the facts to understand. After Resistance, they had to jump right into BlOps Declassified in order for it to be here by the Holiday season. That's a small turnaround to the point that it "was" doomed for failure. 

Wait...

Why is was in qoutes in my sentence above? Did anyone notice that one of the major Game Retailers -Gamestop - has changed the Date from December 2012 to December 2013? I think with all the bad press and reactions to the game - someone's light bulb finally came on and said, "Hey you better fix this - give them a longer development cycle to improve the game"

2 things; gamestop is using placeholder dates. second, that's not an accurate portrayal of gearbox. they started off doing half-life ports and expansion packs for valve that were actually pretty well received. it's not as if they were crap. brother's in arms was their first independently owned and in-house project, as well as what put them on the map. borderlands was definitely a bigger success, but not their "break-out" game as it were. they had already gained a lot of recognisition for the BOA series.. and while i never played them myself, that series is well received and is far from an apt comparison for this situation. duke nukem was merely a labor of love, randy pitchford got his start at 3d realms and had many friends who had worked on that DN:forever over its 10 year dev cyle (so is more time really better? lol) and really is great dude for giving it the last push; it would have officially been vaporware without this man. nihilistic is a young team, without any industry vets/giants behind it and it sort of blows my mind that these projects land in thier laps. clearly zipper was the more talented team, but for whatever reasons (industry politics?) they are done for.

i will agree with you on one thing; nihilistic is getting dealt a crap hand as far as these development cycles go and i think they show a decent effort despite lackluster results. more time could not possibly hurt them; but how much would it really help? we may never know....

edit: did a little more reading and apparently nihilistic is largely ex-lucas arts people. they did put out some awesome games for their time, but randy pitchford is like one of my favorite dudes in the industry. still. look at their wikipedia and tell me anything that bodes well about their reputation... cancelled starcraft ghost project, a poorly received conan game, ps move heroes and a poorly recieved marvel game. nothing very good : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilistic_Software

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 71 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Oct 1, 2012
completely off topic. but did anyone notice that Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified PS Vita bundle doesn’t include a physical copy of the game.

If SONY give you download voucher of the game(which will be like 3gb in size like RBS) and 4gb memory card you'll barely have any space to download anything from the PSN store.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 71 (148 Views)
0 Likes