Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Re: Am I the only one *not* into the Borderlands series?

Feb 13, 2014
@sludge
Instead of being a smartass about the title maybe you should focus on what was said in the op. He expressed his dislike for the game which was perfectly fine
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 21 of 30 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 13, 2014

TheJLC wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

Did you try playing with a friend? The gameplay becomes more enjoyable with friends, at least for me. I like Borderlands, however, I prefer playing with friends as we can chat, laugh together at some of the dialogue, and have fun.

The only bad thing about playing with friends, or online in general, is that people can always take the good loot before you.

I found that to be true with randoms but if your friends are nice, then they should share the loot. I know my friends shared their loot with me and even gave me some of their rare loot they no longer used. Some strangers were kind too and also shared their old loot as they upgraded. But gameplay experiences may vary per user.

I agree. But sometimes people gives loot that is way above your level. At least it has high selling values for easy money.

Message 22 of 30 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Very overated.... Poor mix mash of Diablo style and Fallout

Get Your Portable ID!

ps(4) - xbox(1) = 3
Half life 3 confirmed?
Message 23 of 30 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2303 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

K00lLikeThat76 wrote:

I have tried to get into them.  I downloaded Borderlands 2 recently and put about three hours into it, but I got annoyed by the grind and the lame (imo) graphics.  am I just weird, or are there others out there just not into these games?  I also found the weapons to be harder to control than other fps games, but maybe I just suck.  On the plus side to these games, I do like the humor and the music, so they are not ALL around bad.

Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about Labels. -Super_Nova2k13

don't worry OP i feel the same. i tried out the game just for kicks and found the jokes and stuff good but the gameplay just set me off it. i like MMOs but i hate first person MMOs. with the ability to customize your character, and they made it third person. then maybe i could of gotten into it, but as it stood it just got dull seeing only the hands of my created character and only actually seeing them while in a ride.

that really the only probelm i truely had with the series.

Message 24 of 30 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Feb 13, 2014

No i hate it also

Message 25 of 30 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I played a bit of both, (1 and 2) and i was into the first one for quite a bit then when i played the Second one, i kinda lost my interest in the game, i have no clue why tho. i got past the very first boss and then after that i just lost my drive or sheer enjoyment of the game. 

Message 26 of 30 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Borderlands is a game I first bought sometime around Early 2011 when of course the game had gotten rave reviews and had a large fanbase that seemed crazy about it. Having bought the Game of the Year Edition, this is a first-person-based action-RPG with cel-shaded graphics and an open-world gameplay system to explore.

While I didn't hate my playtime with Borderlands, I wasn't crazy about what I was playing either. Sure the game is kind of fun and all, but the story isn't extremely compelling, nor funny, and the gameplay has a lot of repetition going for it. You go out there finding the strongest guns you can carry. But then you find another one, and another one, and another one. The thing is that the game advertises itself as having a million guns (or was it more?). The thing is that it's not actually that there are millions of unique weapons in the game, it's that there's a slightly modified edition of each available weapon. Adding fire, electricity, and other modifications, the game has a lot of different versions of the same weapons pumped throughout its printing press.

I didn't care so much for the jumping mechanics through Borderlands, or the times when the driving in the game left your vehicle stuck in a ditch somewhere. Then you'd have a long way to hoof it over to a transport station. It can be nice driving around in the open world. But once you get struck out there, then you have to possibly put up with enemies in the open on foot. And if you're playing this game alone, which I was most of the time, then it can be difficult. But, even if you're online the ranking difference between you and other players is out of sorts. I was playing the game with a friend in one instance. Where they were playing the game ahead of me, they made it up about Level 10 before I could get into it. Being about ten levels behind them, the unbalanced difference made the enemies much harder to kill on my end.

Message 27 of 30 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Borderlands is so slow in the beginning. It takes a while for it to get fun unless you play with a group of people from the start.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 28 of 30 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 14, 2014

I thought the first one was ok but i only played a few hours of the second one and wasnt into it.

Message 29 of 30 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Feb 14, 2014

I didn't get into the series either. Back in my GameFly days I returned it the second day I had it. I felt like I was playing a poorly drawn 90's cartoon with an equally bad storyline and an equally bad engine.

The Legend of Dragoon was released by SCEJ in June of 2000. Sony released the game for the PS1 although the PS2 had been announced in the US and had been released in Japan. As a result, the game received little attention. SCEJ dropped production of the sequel for unknown reasons, but some speculate it was because of the low sales of the original. Over the years the game has rendered a cult-like following and hundreds of petitions have been created to either remaster the game or develop a sequel. Santa Montica Studios dropped production of the main character, Dart, who was to be offered in a Playstation All-Stars DLC pack - due to low sales of previous DLC released for the game. This franchise is still marketable. After all, it did make the Top 5 Best Selling PSOne Classics list 9 times following its PSN release. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] If you haven't played the game I urge you to buy the digial copy on the playstation store. It's only $5.99. If you like it, urge SCE to do something with the franchise in the life of the PS4.

Message 30 of 30 (181 Views)