I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Re: Am I the only one *not* into the Borderlands series?

Feb 13, 2014

I was the same way. Thought the gameplay was boring. I then later on gave it another chance. What saved it for me was the hilarious characters, scripts, and the villian in the story (he was perfect). Once you dive deeper into the game you'll start enjoying it more... it just keeps getting better and the weapons improve.

// PSN ID: BRIANBURNSRED | twitter: @juandeag
Message 11 of 30 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I dont mind the graphics as i loved XIII but idk something about it just isnt appealing to me. Mostly because im not interested in open world FPS. So farcry (1st one was good), Crysis (1st one was good) and fallout all dont appeal to me...

Message 12 of 30 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

I like them ok. The graphics are fine imo just giving a older feel to the game. I haven't actually "got into it" yet. I may play for an hour two with a friend but afterwards I get bored and play BF3.

In my personal opinion the games are fun but not for a lengthy amount of time. The graphics aren't bad but aren't good either (intended I think). It gives that PS2 vibe and with friends it makes a good FPSRPG. If another FPSRPG comes hopefully I can like it a lot because I like the idea.

Cheers,

Reynolds

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 13 of 30 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 13, 2014

There is not one series or franchise that everybody loves.

To me, I liked both games. There are very fun and the characters grab my interest a lot. The graphics, to me, are impressive with their unique art-style. The enemies are full of variety, but with the wish of even more variety. The different guns mix everything up. 

The only thing that dies down my interest is beating the full game and having "looking and searching" side missions left.

Message 14 of 30 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Oh, and for those that don't know, Borderlands 2 came out in 2012 and they are getting their final DLC soon.

Message 15 of 30 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

Nope your not. Yet to see a "Am am the only one that does not like "insert game"" thread in which the answer was yes.

Message 16 of 30 (86 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Feb 13, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
@mrsludge
This is a forum, where people give their opinion on subjects.

I gave my opinion, so what's wrong with it?

Just like Lazy said, we've yet to see any of these threads where the answer is yes. I don't like many of the Japanese titles that Sony offers, should I make a thread acting like the only one? My opinion on this subject, because forums allow it, is that these threads, along with "Selling my console/game" threads are pointless, because not everyone is going to like every game.

Message 17 of 30 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Did you try playing with a friend? The gameplay becomes more enjoyable with friends, at least for me. I like Borderlands, however, I prefer playing with friends as we can chat, laugh together at some of the dialogue, and have fun.

Message 18 of 30 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 13, 2014

TheJLC wrote:

Did you try playing with a friend? The gameplay becomes more enjoyable with friends, at least for me. I like Borderlands, however, I prefer playing with friends as we can chat, laugh together at some of the dialogue, and have fun.

The only bad thing about playing with friends, or online in general, is that people can always take the good loot before you.

Message 19 of 30 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2374 posts

Feb 13, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

The only bad thing about playing with friends, or online in general, is that people can always take the good loot before you.

I found that to be true with randoms but if your friends are nice, then they should share the loot. I know my friends shared their loot with me and even gave me some of their rare loot they no longer used. Some strangers were kind too and also shared their old loot as they upgraded. But gameplay experiences may vary per user.

Message 20 of 30 (64 Views)
0 Likes