Feb 13 2014
By: K00lLikeThat76 Monster Hunter 32 posts

Am I the only one *not* into the Borderlands series?

[ Edited ]
29 replies 232 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

I have tried to get into them.  I downloaded Borderlands 2 recently and put about three hours into it, but I got annoyed by the grind and the lame (imo) graphics.  am I just weird, or are there others out there just not into these games?  I also found the weapons to be harder to control than other fps games, but maybe I just suck.  On the plus side to these games, I do like the humor and the music, so they are not ALL around bad.

Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about Labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Re: Am I the only one *not* into the Borderlands series?

Feb 13, 2014

I've never played a single second of any Borderlands game.  There, I said it.  

Spoiler
Although ClapTrap does make an appearance in Poker Night, so, there's that.  

It's not for a lack of interest, it's just that, with each opportunity to play it comes the dredge of playing another shooter.  It's almost worth my while to wait for the Vita version to come out, so I don't lose any in-game progress.  Maybe it's just the timing of their release, dunno.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (220 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5628 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I redeemed them with plus when they were first added, but I havn`t even started them, Borderlands wasn`t a series that interested me, so I doubt I will start them, so your not the only one who is not into the borderlands series, although popular, their are bound to be people who don`t like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Feb 13, 2014

g r i n d h e a d (9) (%) j i m (3)
Nine dived by three
Half life 3 confirmed?

Get Your Portable ID!

ps(4) - xbox(1) = 3
Half life 3 confirmed?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Never understood these types of threads.

What is it? Attention seeking, thinking your special? There will be popular games that people hate, just because you don't like Borderlands, it doesn't make you special. Get over it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8672 posts

Feb 13, 2014

maybe give it another chance?

I bought Borderlands 1 when it came out, and ended up selling it because I just didn't like it.  When Borderlands 1 became free on PS+, I gave it another chance, ended up loving it & getting the platinum trophy.

When Borderlands 2 came out I bought it and like it just as much!  I kind of took a break from it but plan on going back to it to finish it up & hopefully another plat.

If shooter with rpg elements just aren't your thing, then there are plenty of other games out there too :smileywink:

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7994 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I cant stand Bored-erlands.

As you say the graphics are really poor, the locations are barren and boring, the enemies generic and pretty stupid.

For a game with suppossedly over 1 million weapons why are there about 4 different models?

Sure you get a hand gun and maybe it shoots a stronger bullet or lights someone on fire but they all feel exactly the same to me beyond the 5-6 models.

You get your 15th hand gun which lookjs exactly like the last 14, but this one is twice as powerful, and the area you are in has enemies twice as strong, that means its the same gun and the enmies are also the same in any dicernable way.

Grind grind grind, pickup the same weapon, pickup the same weapon, pickup the same weapon, then change things up by repeating that process in every area.

I have tried part 2 on 360 with two seperate friends and its fun for the first 5 minutes when the guns feel kinda new.

I have both part 1 and 2 free from plus and tried part 1 once with a friend and couldnt stand the graphics, it just seemed so poorly done and I can only see it appeal to players who generally play turn based games and havent experienced much better coop shooters with RPG elements. 

I really dont get why others like it, some just love to grind...

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8584 posts

Feb 13, 2014
@mrsludge
If you don't like these threads then don't click on them. This is a forum, where people give their opinion on subjects. He can choose to talk about this subject if he wants to

Now on topic, you're not alone. I downloaded the game and just couldn't get into it.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Theyre overrated

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1509 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Im stuck on the first one and I need to finish it. I havent put it in the machine for at least a year.

Im really liking 2 much better.Its on my to do list.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (153 Views)
0 Likes