Oct 27 2013
By: The_Ozymandias Lombax Warrior 143 posts

Am I the only one bummed about suspend/resume

24 replies 483 views Edited Oct 27, 2013

and it's lack of availability at launch, even after the day one patch? 

It worries that sony's delaying such key things so close to launch might mean they don't have their **bleep** together.

photo Signature.jpg
Message 1 of 25 (483 Views)
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: Am I the only one bummed about suspend/resume

Oct 27, 2013
Doesn't mean it will never come. Same with drive club it's not the end of the world. It will come

I, too, am bummed. Along with the fact the pulse headset is not supported at launch
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 25 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I'm more upset with headset's not working until a later unannounced date..
they could at least give a time they think it'll be ready:/ with most the games I'm going to be buying/playing being multiplayer ones it'd be nice to know when I'd be able to use the headset I bought because I was told it would support IT than later told it wouldn't support it until a later date..
Message 3 of 25 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 27, 2013
This is one of my favorite Vita features and I hope it makes an appearance sooner rather than later.
Message 4 of 25 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
669 posts

Oct 27, 2013

There's quite a few of us that are feeling the same way about this as you, and I have a niggling feeling that the feature might never get implemented.

It's absence at launch, even after the 1.50 fw update, should set the alarm bells ringing. :/

Message 5 of 25 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
669 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Aaaah the old 'condescending Padawan speech'.

Haven't seen it used for a few years admittedly. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 25 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Oct 27, 2013

THE_FORCE wrote:

There's quite a few of us that are feeling the same way about this as you, and I have a niggling feeling that the feature might never get implemented.

It's absence at launch, even after the 1.50 fw update, should set the alarm bells ringing. :/

you're the second person I've seen say this, and it has me a bit worried, has sony ever done something like this with the playstation?

photo Signature.jpg
Message 7 of 25 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
669 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Offhand I can't think of a previous instance where this has occured, though I do find it's absence strange....

Of course I could be completely wong, and indeed I hope that I am, as it's a feature that I imagine most of us would use regularly.

I've always felt that the PS4 was never meant to have been released this early anyway(originally intended for a Q1-Q2 2014 release) and it's launch was brought forward at the last minute merely to get one up on MS.

It would explain the apparent 'delays' of both Watch Dogs & Drive Club - which IMHO were originally scheduled for their release at the same time as the PS4 Q1-Q2 next year, and also the statement from Sony regarding the fact that not all features will be available at launch as they're either still working on them or haven't found a way to implement them 'trouble-free' as of yet.

Message 8 of 25 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
502 posts

Oct 27, 2013

This is what we get when we choose to buy a system at launch. There will be some things missing, bug, glitches, hiccup, etc.

-

That's part of a day one purchase.

-

I understand being bummed, but it will only get better. A smidgen of faith goes along way.

I may be old, but I still love to game.

Pong, Atari 2600, NES, Super NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis with Cd, Atari Jaguar with Cd, PS, PS2, Xbox 360, and now...PS4.
Message 9 of 25 (254 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I do think it will be available after launch some time not too far from it. I do have the pain in the heart of not having this day one but what can we do.. I hope I am right.

This is not the end of the world it is hurtful but not the end. I really think that the PS4 will grow to be an even better console that the one it already is. A lot of things are not available at launch and there is nothing we can do but wait until they make apperance in PS4.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 10 of 25 (177 Views)
0 Likes