Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 08 2012
By: Darth-Krayt Wastelander 896 posts

Am I the ONLY person who bought Digital Comics?

14 replies 263 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

This has been bothering me a bit. In these days of everyone on the PSBlog, this forum.......and really all over the internet at large, but I'm just talking about PlayStation customers in this posting obviously......constantly complaining about how they want everything basically. Demanding all PSP games working on Vita, all PS1 games working on Vita, how they want all these apps and all these features, but specifically wanting the Vita to be able to use any digital content they've bought for PSP on the same account......which I do believe is a valid request of the Vita........

I can't believe that it seems I'm the one and only, single person ever on the Blog mentioning that I want the PSP's digital comic reader adapted for Vita. Am I really the only person who bought digital comics from PSN? And if not, am I the only person who sees how awesome those digital comics would be on Vita's fantastic OLED screen? Or how great it would be to turn the pages with the touch screen? It would be SOOOO much better on Vita than it was/is on PSP. Even just with the PSP functionality just ported to Vita it would still look better.

I know new comics are no longer being added, but the digital comic store still is there, and you can still buy the stuff that is there. I personally have spent about 100 bucks on digital comics, and I want those comics on my Vita more than I want PS1 games or minis, or even more than a good few of my PSP games (btw, I'm well aware basically all digital PSP games work on Vita through PS3, I'm just sayin').

I know not a TON of people bought digital comics from PSN but............Am I REALLY the only one?

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Re: Am I the ONLY person who bought Digital Comics?

Sep 8, 2012

Sadly, Sony is going to get rid of the Digital Comics, check this link: Link

So I dont think they will be planning to give Digital Comic support for the Vita.

By the way I bought one Comic when the service was just released, just to check what was all that about.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Sep 8, 2012
That friggin link just made my mood on this subject a WHOLE LOT WORSE. I got rid of my god damned PSP too. Unbelievable. I'm gonna have to try and hunt down another PSP Go on the cheap now, otherwise that's $100 dollars or so right down the friggin drain.

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4915 posts

Sep 8, 2012
If digital comics were actually available in Canada, then i would really consider purchasing them.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (241 Views)
Survivor
2483 posts

Sep 8, 2012
I was close to purchasing the All Hail Megatron comic series, it is kinda disappointing that digital comics have been abandoned.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

I bought a Disney free comic, just one free episode though
I think since very few people read it , Sony won't risk their money to make another one for the Vita
I'm sorry that you are sad about this, I think those comics were cool too (a few free ones I've read), but well, that's how life is. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2602 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Yes...

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I really hope that the service is brought over to PS Vita as well.  However, not everything will move to Vita.  It's a whole new portable, so it has a fresh start and some things just have to be left behind.

some_text
some_text

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Sep 8, 2012
I have to disagree with you on that point AniGamer.

When it comes to digital PSP content, not a single thing need be left behind.
Vita is more than capable of using any and all digital PSP content without even breaking a sweat. It pretty much already (un-officially) does support most all digital PSP content except for the digital comics.

There's someone CHOOSING to leave something behind. But when it comes down to brass tax, all Sony has to do is add that (less than) 40mb of code into an update, and CHOOSE not to take down the comic store, and the Vita would play the comic reader without issue or really any effort of Sony's part. Effort would only have to be put in if they wanted to give the comic reader touch screen support......something I don't care if it has or not.

And since there are more digital customers now.....and more by the day.....the PSN digital comic store could in fact find MORE success on Vita due to the higher quality.

I really wish Sony would reconsider on this issue. And not only that but just simply add the digital comic reader to Vita, and give it access to the comic store.

And trust me, I'm not one of these online gamers who demand Sony do things I want. I have no sense of entitlement beyond what I've earned (though in this case paid for). I don't think Sony OWES me anything, I assure you. But the fact is ALL digital PSP content can easily work on Vita with a little bit of code. So any digital content we've actually bought for PSP, including the comics should be a priority for Sony's guys in lab coats who make firmware updates to get working on Vita for no other reason than that they CAN, and that we paid for the content.

I just really don't think what they're doing is right here. The servers are bought and paid for, and they have the rights to the product. So in reality it doesn't cost Sony anything beyond the electricity billl to keep those comics up on their servers. And as long as those comics are availible on current hardware....they're just potential revenue.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I'm not sure how long ago you posted this but I received an e-mail saying the comic downloads for the PSP will no longer be available for the PSP at the end of this month.  Moreover, Jan 15, 2013 is the last day to download any comics on your memory card or you won't be able to download them anymore at ALL!  No, you're not the only comic book fan that bought comics for the PSP.  I don't know why they chose to terminate the service but that was a big selling point for this console.  I hope they get swamped with complaints on this decision!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (112 Views)
0 Likes