Uncharted Territory
1229 posts

Re: Am I really the only person on this forum that thinks Knack looks stupid?

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

ParalIax2 wrote:

I geuss I just don't get the hype surrounding this game. I will be fully willing to retract this statement if someone can properly explain or point to resources as to why this game is indeed what its cracked up to be.  It just looks like a kids game to me and a sub-par platformer at that.  I know maybe some of you have had the chance to play it in a demo environment? Thoughts?

There actually ISN'T much hype surrounding the game, which is sad. 

In part, I blame Sony due to the fact that they haven't really shown the diverse aspects of the game. On the other hand, I blame this new breed of gamers who want nothing but M-rated blood-fests. 

It's the reason why so many amazing games go under the radar, because for some reason, "gamers" think a game being family friendly is a bad thing. 

Then again, some people just aren't into that sort of game and that's okay. Not everyone has the same likes.

Knack for me will probably not be game of the year material and probably far from a perfect game, but it looks like a solid, fun, action platformer. The mixture of melee with power-ups and special attacks, the diverse environments and enemies, the challenging gameplay all attract me to the game.

Not to mention that the people working on this game include key individuals from great games like: Crash, Spyro, Sonic, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Gravity Rush, and God of War to name a few. These are individuals who have a large influence in the production of this game. So anyway, yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it. It should be a fun game to pick up and play with a friend or solo. 

Message 21 of 34 (630 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I would have killed for a game like this when I was a kid.

I'm not sure why some people get upset when they see something, like an anime game, or a Call of Duty, or a 3d platformer/beatemup. If it doesn't speak to you it doesn't speak to you.

Message 22 of 34 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Nov 9, 2013
There is no hype. Knack is now the least pre ordered game out these.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 34 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Because you are brainwashed into liking call of dooty and those first person shooters.. Give the game a chance and stop hating on it. You haven't even played the game so stop poking fun at it and grow up.

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 24 of 34 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Nov 9, 2013
PlayStation 4 - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 298,180
2. Battlefield 4 - 273,766
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall - 250,155
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 213,354
5. Watch Dogs - 153,569
6. Destiny - 89,970
7. Madden NFL 25 - 81,119
8. NBA 2K14 - 59,592
9. inFAMOUS: Second Son - 57,562
10. Knack - 40,982

Yea.. ONLY 40K preorders.. very hyped up.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251359/ps4-vs-xbox-one-us-pre-orders-update-xbox-one-gains-ground/
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 34 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Nov 9, 2013
To be honest I'm keeping my expectations low, so I can only be pleasantly surprised. I bought it because I wanted a new platformer game. It's been a while since I played one and this one looked unique enough, so why not?
Message 26 of 34 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I have already purchased knack and am excited to play it. Will it be the first game I play? No. It reminds me of games I used to play when I was younger and I still enjoy games like thast to this day. I enjoy most FPS games, but I really enjoy other genres as well and am willing to put my money on a Sony exclusive before any other game honestly. I alrady have Knack and Killzone and will be picking up AC4 when it is released. I wanted a variety at launch to get me over until more games are out and I think with those three games I will have plenty of enjoyment.

Message 27 of 34 (605 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 9, 2013

To the OP I think the term stupid is the wrong way to look at Knack. Extremely wrong.

Why is it Stupid?

Have you played a game like it? I didn't think so.

I think the correct title should be (I am not impressed with Knack).

I have not had a chance to play it either no one on these forums have. Trying a demo or playing for an hour does not

qualify anyone to make a judgment so harshly such as you have.

Am I defending the game, No. 

Is it going to be a **bleep**, maybe.

Will it be a game that puts a smile on your face when you play it? Possibly.

At this point making a decision about a game is ridiculous.

If it's not a genre or type of game you think you would like then why make a thread about it? Don't buy it.

I think from the reviews and footage I have seen it could offer some enjoyable moments.

That's what I like about games.

Will I pay $60 for Knack? No

Just like I would not pay $60 for Ryse or Forza.

If we talk about games that are hyped, I think Ryse would take the cake.

It has gotten mixed reviews. It's a hack and slash game that offers true linear game play. A button smasher

If you will. This is said to be the most problematic thing for Ryse. After you have killed a certain amount of foes

You start to get into repeated kill scenes. You see I have offered an opinion about a game without calling it stupid.

I have based my decision on what I have seen and read to say I will not be getting Ryse until it dropped in price.

Just my humble thoughts as a Gamer.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 28 of 34 (592 Views)
Fender Bender
3686 posts

Nov 9, 2013
If anyone has an iphone or ipad you can actually download Knack Quest right now and start unlocking items in the game. I wish they would release Knack Quest on Vita and android.
Message 29 of 34 (588 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Nov 9, 2013

yep, you are

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 30 of 34 (906 Views)