Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: Am I really the only person on this forum that thinks Knack looks stupid?

Nov 9, 2013

I see it for what it is: a throwback to the crash bandicoot/spyro/mascot games from way back. In a time when most games are either first or third person shooters, it's a welcome change of pace. I'm a bit concerned about the length, but if I get 10 hours out of it I'll be happy.

Message 11 of 34 (166 Views)
Wastelander
734 posts

Nov 9, 2013
Not my thing. Ill get it when it drops to 20$. Doesnt look like a 60$ game
Message 12 of 34 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Nov 9, 2013
I pre-ordered this game with my ps4 so I have something to play when I get it. It looks like a nice throwback to classic platformers, but with enough of a modern twist, and unique elements, to set it apart. Also, the other launch titles that interest me won't actually be launch titles due to them being pushed back. Knack may not be the kind of game most people nowadays would play, and under regular circumstances, it would not be in the spotlight as much as it has been. The fact that it is part of Sony's launch lineup, combined with the delays of other major launch titles, really worked in Knack's favor. I'm actually kind of glad it has gotten so much attention. I don't play too many fps, and I have a personal preference for unique ips that give me a different kind of experience from what the mainstream can typically offer me. Knack's an important game to have in Sony's launch lineup, because it shows that Sony's variety in exclusives, which set the ps3 apart from its closest competitor, will be present on the ps4.
Message 13 of 34 (153 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Nov 9, 2013
There is no "hype" surrounding Knack. There is an interest by some and some are excited to play it, but no hype of any sort.

Knack to me looks like a throwback game of sorts...very linear action/adventure/platformer with modernization and story cutscenes. May play it sometime to mix it up and bring some nostalgia back.
Message 14 of 34 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
2947 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Just because you don't like it is no reason to bash it. You are way off base when you focus on things you don't like. I guess you don't like Journey, Flower or Ratchet and Clank? But its no reason to call them Stupid. Variety is what makes Playstation great! Something for everyone.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
My Top PS4 Games: Wolfenstein, InFamous Second Son Diablo 3, Saints Row 4
Message 15 of 34 (146 Views)
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Nov 9, 2013

ParalIax2 wrote:

I geuss I just don't get the hype surrounding this game. I will be fully willing to retract this statement if someone can properly explain or point to resources as to why this game is indeed what its cracked up to be.  It just looks like a kids game to me and a sub-par platformer at that.  I know maybe some of you have had the chance to play it in a demo environment? Thoughts?

Played KNACK a few days ago at gamestop... Personally didn't like it... Not sure but it just seemed to plain for me... Maybe it was the playable demo that was boring and the actual game will be great... However, I wasn't really interested in the game after playing it. Hence, I originally planned to pick it up as a lauch title....

Message 16 of 34 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I tried it at Gamestop and I enjoyed it.

Message 17 of 34 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
852 posts

Nov 9, 2013
its a new ip. you have to admit, even spyro looked kinda stupid for a kids game. and crash was even worse. but they were better. rip spyro.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 18 of 34 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I see it as this.  Crash Bandicoot (original) is to PS1 as is Knack is to PS4.  

Message 19 of 34 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Yes.

PSN ID: Uncle-Remus
1TB PS4 250gb PS3
PS Vita

Get your Portable ID!
Message 20 of 34 (189 Views)
0 Likes