First Son
1 posts

Re: Am I not alone here?

Apr 22, 2011

i seriously doubt it's COD hackers that are cause this. my best bet is that there was a huge push of people online due to the three recent releases (portal 2, Mortal Kombat, and Socom 4) that might have enlightened them to some problems or more likely the integration of steam into psn might have caused some issues. either way i'm sure they're more concentrated on fixing whatever problem is going on with psn then spending the time it would take to explain the problems to us. psn may have it's issues but honestly we get it for free and when it's up it's usually working pretty well. until it's back up i'll just run back through portal and try for some more trophies XD

Message 11 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Apr 22, 2011

Darius2632 wrote:

i seriously doubt it's COD hackers that are cause this. my best bet is that there was a huge push of people online due to the three recent releases (portal 2, Mortal Kombat, and Socom 4) that might have enlightened them to some problems or more likely the integration of steam into psn might have caused some issues. either way i'm sure they're more concentrated on fixing whatever problem is going on with psn then spending the time it would take to explain the problems to us. psn may have it's issues but honestly we get it for free and when it's up it's usually working pretty well. until it's back up i'll just run back through portal and try for some more trophies XD

Possibly. Considering MW2 is hacked like hell.

I have to agree with this sentence "psn may have it's issues but honestly we get it for free and when it's up it's usually working pretty well"

Yeah, anything has their problems. But I love PSN the way It is. Honestly, who would want to pay $50/60 a year just to play with friends. Com'on now. We enjoy the games and enjoy communicating with people and most of all, having fun is the general thing about gaming. If we have problems on PSN, we always have the Forums to communicate with others and help out their problems.

Message 12 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 22, 2011

It could be that but have you noticed since acsension came out the servers been messed up.

Message 13 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 22, 2011

I noticed that its been on and off since FreeRealms was added, server problems maybe, but between the timing (long weekend), no explanation on the "maintenance", and threats from anonymous it seems pretty fishy.  Might be time to dust off the 360 and take it for a whirl. I doubt that because of numerous releases (socom, MK, etc.) is the reason for it, situations for this probably would of been taking care of weeks ago, and there has been times where games such as Black ops have loaded the servers with little disturbance. Just hang in there, unless this becomes a semi-permanent problem.

Message 14 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 22, 2011

I don't know if I should bring this up but, I noticed thursday that there was an unusual amount of people entering sodium. The lagg was bad really bad. and people where getting booted left and right and even on home bad. what was odd Viki in sodium the server wasnt up. And like you said the new games where being used alot during this time. And the new games  and other games.. but, you dont suppose the servers got over loaded and it crashed. not just one but many. If so I could see for the maintinance and the problems faceing network right now and it would take time to bring them back up. And to solve this problem. Well, we'll just see and maybe figure out whats happened. ( hint this has happened before long ago.)

Message 15 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Apr 22, 2011

its because everyone was expecting sodium 2 to have gone live with the 1.5 update.  having to load all the avatars was causing everything else to slow down, including loading vickie.  atleast once everything was loaded, it sounds as though lockwood fixed that audio issue everyone was hearing last week.

and with "this happening long ago" you mean many users not being able to get on PSN feburary 2010, that was a completely unrelated internal clock error.

but thats the only time i can remember so many people not being able to get on for an extended period of time.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 16 of 16 (8 Views)
0 Likes