Sep 19 2012
By: JamesBlessonS Lombax Warrior 135 posts

Always buy stuff at launch!!!!!!

5 replies 134 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

I recently bought my PS3 Slim, and now I see a new model is releasing. This always happens with me, when I bought the Go the Vita, the S2 the S3. It just makes me go crazy to know that the device I bought became old, this is why I have made it a thing to buy consoles at launch atleast then I'd be satisfied for that time period. I always used to wonder why people rush out to buy consoles at launch, I thought they were crazy but they are just smart

Message 1 of 6 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Always buy stuff at launch!!!!!!

Sep 20, 2012

Its also called "First"...... they want to have the "IT" thing to show off to other and brag about it.... its not about having seat time put into something....

You have a PS3.... no matter if its old or new, its still a PS3. There is nothing actually NEW about the CECHE-4000 model except that its smaller.

Don't get upset over it

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 6 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Depends on your outlook. Frequently early adopters have to put up with buggy hardware/software in new products and of course being an early adopter you're always going to end up paying more than someone who jumps on later in a prodcuts life-cycle. 

I was a PS3 early adopter and paid $599 for my b/c PS3. Later it failed and I had to have Sony repair it for $150. Years later I picked up a slim PS3 for $250. So waiting definitely would have saved me some money... not that I regret getting my original "fat" PS3.

Message 3 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Sep 20, 2012
I never buy launch items, especially from Sony. Sometimes the product shows some very rough edges when it gets into the hands of consumers. I do not want to be a beta tester.

But in general, I don't worry about keeping up with the latest and greatest. Technology marches at a breakneck pace. You will burn through money or be utterly disappointed trying to keep up. Be happy with your purchase.
Message 4 of 6 (101 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 20, 2012

JamesBlessonS wrote:

I recently bought my PS3 Slim, and now I see a new model is releasing. This always happens with me, when I bought the Go the Vita, the S2 the S3. It just makes me go crazy to know that the device I bought became old, this is why I have made it a thing to buy consoles at launch atleast then I'd be satisfied for that time period. I always used to wonder why people rush out to buy consoles at launch, I thought they were crazy but they are just smart

Let me get the straight, you purchased a PSPgo right before the Vita came out? Wow.

Your problem is that you aren't very informed about what is coming out, a simple weekly visit to places like IGN and Gamespot would keep you informed.

IMO I don't think it is smart to buy a console right when it comes out most of the time. You pay more and get less, plus you usually are waiting a long time before you get a steady stream of games. The Vita launch is a good example of this. IMO the reason people buy consoles when they first come out is because of the excitement of buying something brand new and being among the first to have it. It certainly isn't because it won't be made obsolete anytime soon, as you are suggesting... 

Message 5 of 6 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

JamesBlessonS wrote:

Let me get the straight, you purchased a PSPgo right before the Vita came out? Wow.

Your problem is that you aren't very informed about what is coming out, a simple weekly visit to places like IGN and Gamespot would keep you informed.

IMO I don't think it is smart to buy a console right when it comes out most of the time. You pay more and get less, plus you usually are waiting a long time before you get a steady stream of games. The Vita launch is a good example of this. IMO the reason people buy consoles when they first come out is because of the excitement of buying something brand new and being among the first to have it. It certainly isn't because it won't be made obsolete anytime soon, as you are suggesting... 

I'm informed, at the that time when Go released there was little to none information on the Vita Smiley Sad 

But I do agree with all of you, I recently bought the Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 and am having performance issues, it looks like they are releasing updates for it. Before when I used to buy old games and stuff I get pretty much the most upto date version of it.
Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 6 (47 Views)
0 Likes