Apr 07 2013
By: ossiecastro5 Ghost of Sparta 13569 posts

Alternate controllers?

11 replies 145 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

Ok, I might buy a new controller soon; my brother breaks them easily. -_-

My parents can't afford a new one. But I have money in my secret Paypal to get a new one, hehe. XD

I was surfing through ebay today and saw a lot that are cheap. They all looked like the dualshock 3 controller and said that they worked for the PS3. They also have high ratings.

Should I buy a new controller that doesn't say "dualshock 3" on it? I only need one until the Fall.

Message 1 of 12 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40582 posts

Re: Alternate controllers?

Apr 7, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Ok, I might buy a new controller soon; my brother breaks them easily. -_-

My parents can't afford a new one. But I have money in my secret Paypal to get a new one, hehe. XD

I was surfing through ebay today and saw a lot that are cheap. They all looked like the dualshock 3 controller and said that they worked for the PS3. They also have high ratings.

Should I buy a new controller that doesn't say "dualshock 3" on it? I only need one until the Fall.

NO, don't waste your money on something that is probably fake & badly made.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 12 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

I'd suggest getting ONLY an official Ps3 Dualshock Sony Controller; any other will be far worst (from personal experience). I got mine from Best Buy, it is very good and here's a tip: Clean your remote no less than once a week. I find it helps a lot by doing so. 

Again, DO NOT buy controllers (or anything for that matter) that isn't official by the company. Trust me. I've made that mistake a few times myself and now I never do so. Though official ones will be more pricey, it's money that is spent wisely. Any unofficial products; aftermarket or third-party, will NOT be good, so may as well spend your money on something official... On something worth-it. 

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Message 3 of 12 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 7, 2013

ChrisInfurna wrote:

I'd suggest getting ONLY an official Ps3 Dualshock Sony Controller; any other will be far worst (from personal experience). I got mine from Best Buy, it is very good and here's a tip: Clean your remote no less than once a week. I find it helps a lot by doing so. 

It's not that mine is dirty. It's just that my brother can mess up buttons easily.

Is there a place where I can buy a cheap dualshock 3 online? I am curently considering remotes that are cheaper because I have $20 in my Paypal.

Message 4 of 12 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

Keeping the remote clean was just a tip. Smiley Happy

If you want to take the risk of buying online for cheaper, hence third-party, check out Ebay. Though, I highly suggest not to and instead save up some money to buy one at Best Buy or Game Stop. 

Also, don't let anyone else use your controller, but you (if that's the case... With your brother, etc.).

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Message 5 of 12 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Apr 7, 2013
to many bad experiences with 3rd party stuff used on sony products so i just stick to sony i suggest the same like these good people here
Message 6 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8193 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

If controllers keep getting broken, getting an Adaptor like the Blue PS2 Adaptor I reviewed below may be a good alternative to expensive Dualshock 3s.

DualShock 2s don't cost that much anymore, though you do lose the rumble and tilt sensor.

Message 7 of 12 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I'd reccomend gettng one of the controller + game packs. That's how I got all 3 of my extra controllers (along with the one that came w/ my PS3).

I got a black one w/ LBP1
A Blue one with Sly Collection
and a red one with God of War Collection

Knock out 2 bird s with one stone, video games and controllers.
Also, the packs are pretty cheap, so it;'s like just getting games with free controllers XD
Message 8 of 12 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Apr 7, 2013

There is nothing wrong with using 3rd party controllers. They do work for the ps3, but wont last as long. You get what you paid for. If you have the $54 for a new sony controller, go for it. If not, 3rd party controller will do fine.

Message 9 of 12 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Apr 7, 2013
dont buy off ebay even if it look legit in package. my mom bought one, it looked EXACTLY the same, but i noticed that the buttones ( Tri, square, x, o) were different colors and the bottons were sticking out further. i finally opened it, and guess what, it was a knock off. it did work, but it was very bad, and if it started vibrating, it would stop working, and vibrate till it died, even if i turned off ps3
Message 10 of 12 (77 Views)
0 Likes