May 27 2012
By: Oggerneil First Son 2 posts

Alone in the dark (PSOne classics) not working on PSP???

4 replies 390 views Edited May 27, 2012

Hi,

I bought the PSOne classics game Alone in the dark, which was released 5 days ago.

On PSN they say that the game is playable on PS3 and PSP!

When I downloaded it to my PS3, it doesn't give me the copy to PSP option.

A direct download to the PSP doesn't work, too. You can't start the game after downloading because of a copyright protection.

When I select the game on my PS3, I only can see a PS3 symbol and not a PSP symbol.

So it seems to be a PS3-only-PSOne classics game??? But on PSN they sell it as playable on PSP systems! So what?!

Message 1 of 5 (390 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Re: Alone in the dark (PSOne classics) not working on PSP???

May 28, 2012

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/22/playstation-store-update-240/

More classics including the PS One Classic Alone in The Dark: The New Nightmare, as well as PS2 Classics like Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain and Need for Speed: Most Wanted are dropping today as well (please note that Alone in the Dark PS one Classic is only playable on PS3.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 28, 2012

OK, I read it. But when you go to the psn store with your PSP or PS3, you can read: 'playable on PS3 and PSP'. So they sell it as playable on both systems. Not everbody's reading that blog you linked.

Message 3 of 5 (390 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24514 posts

May 28, 2012

Randgolph wrote:

OK, I read it. But when you go to the psn store with your PSP or PS3, you can read: 'playable on PS3 and PSP'. So they sell it as playable on both systems. Not everbody's reading that blog you linked.

Contact CS for a refund. They typically don't give them but in this case I think you'll have some luck. 1-800-345-SONY

Message 4 of 5 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

May 29, 2012

When you download Alone in the dark to your PSP, you get a COPYRIGHT PROTECTION INFO. So it seems to be a copyright problem, that the game isn't playable on PSP. Do you guys think, Sony will fix the game for PSP though once they sort out those copyright issues? Those PSone classics are much better for playing on PSP. On PS3 the games look horrible!

Message 5 of 5 (390 Views)
0 Likes