Jun 12 2010
By: NeosoulstealerX First Son 3 posts

All Playstation 3 Game Should Be Trophy Enabled

7 replies 8 views Edited Jun 12, 2010

To Playstation

I don't know if it is too late to say this but since the day i've heard about the PS3 it was all i could think about, three games that i always wanted for it was The Legend Of Spyro Dawn of The Dragon, Eternal Sonata,and Soul Calibur IV.I did a little research on these games and discovered that these along with some other are not trophy enabled,when I found that out i was a little upset because of the fact that those same games have achievement on the xbox 360. My point is if every game on the PS3 were trophy enable the competition between PS3 and Xbox 360 would be fair and gamer who still own these games will have more trophy to add to their collection.

Message 1 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2705 posts

Re: All Playstation 3 Game Should Be Trophy Enabled

Jun 12, 2010

It's too late, it's been to long since those games were released, you wouldn't recommend a trophy patch for Resistance Fall Of Man would you?

Message 2 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Jun 12, 2010

all games now are required to have trophy support but it is not required for an older game to give a trophy patch

Message 3 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Jun 12, 2010

Yeah they can't just magically put in the trophies for the old games, they are just working on new games.

Message 4 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Jun 12, 2010

It would be great EXCEPT trophies aren't retro fitted. Meaning if you got past the point of a certain trophy (Ex: Win a Race-Burnout Paradise) it won't give it to you unless you do the conditions again. Though a good thing is Sony Computer Entertainment has a rule now where all games in order to be made on the PlayStation 3 have to have trophies. This went into effect on January 2009.

Message 5 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 7, 2011

Actually if they would just patch the PS3 exclusive games that would be awesome. There aren't that many to patch so I would like to see that happen at least.

Message 6 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 7, 2011

By the way they can just magically put trophy support on older games. The original Uncharted released before trophies were in games. They patched it and DING!! trophies. Just patch the older PS exclusives already. I bet a lot of people would play them again. I might actually play through Resistance: FOM or Heavenly Sword if they did. Happy gaming people!

Message 7 of 8 (8 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
7215 posts

Oct 7, 2011

Uncharted was already "ready" for trophies, since it had it's own in-game system.  This would make it a lot easier to add trophies to than for most games.  I'd like to see trophies added to older games, but it's unlikely, and I'd rather see new games.

Message 8 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes