Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: All PS3s need full Backwards Compatibility

Mar 23, 2012

Cascadien wrote:

gR3yGh051 you're always so "pleasant" in your posts.

perhaps you are volunteering for the gig of "redunancy-locker upper" then?

or do you just need to voice your displeasure at another misguided souls efffort to post here on the PS3 forums... AGAIN?

I guess you also dont grasp the concept of searching....

I welcome necro-posts.... at least those people know how to use the search function.

And yes, I would undoubtedly welcome the ability to lock/delete redundant threads and point the posters to a similarly relevant thread

Furiously Chaosing
Message 31 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Mar 23, 2012

interesting... isnt posting a question on an internet forum a form of "searching"?

and fair enough if you dont like repeat threads, but i dont see what you get out of pointing it out over and over really?

especially when you could quite obviously avoid all the "redundant" threads you want by not electing to click on them in the first place???

my mother always told me "if you dont have anything nice to say..."

but maybe im just being old-fashioned.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 32 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Mar 23, 2012

Cascadien wrote:

interesting... isnt posting a question on an internet forum a form of "searching"?

Ummm, no. Seeing as how almost every message board has a rule in their faq that you should "search" for similar topics BEFORE POSTING, clearly everyone else in the world sees the distinction between searching and posting.

You can get upset with greyghost for not being nicer, I guess. But he has a point. Most people blow through here, one post and go, because they won't take a few minutes to search first. And the presumption is, I guess, that their time is more valuable than the regulars around here who are expected to respond. Because it usually takes more time to respond a 50th time than it takes for the 50th person to do a search. So yeah, it gets old. And yeah the regulars have a right to get a little crotchety about it when the answers are already there. And since the person USUALLY isn't planning to stick around and make friends after they get their answer, no, the "abuse" isn't that intolerable.

Message 33 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Mar 23, 2012

kythunder wrote:

i have not really ever seen the big deal about having a BC ps3,it's very easy to get a ps2,i see them all the time for 25-35 bucks on craigslist,i have one hooked up and 2 more fatty's sittin in the closet ready to go lol and same goes for ps1,i don't even play those on my ps3..i use my ps3 for ps3 games pure and simple...

BC PS3 can upconvert PS2 games to a higher resolution and stretch out the image to fill out a HDTV screen. PS2 games tend to look pretty bad connected up to an HDTV (since they were intended for a CRT screen), but through upconversion and the HDMI output they look pretty good. Also using the wireless controllers for playing PS2 games is always convenient...

Message 34 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Mar 23, 2012

Yes, and you don't have to worry about having any space for memory card saves. It's all great. I wish they did bring it back, like in a premium limited model or something. The fact that the older models are the only one with backwards compatibility isnt great since they are breaking down everywhere.

Message 35 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Sony did bring the BC PS3 back in 2008 with the MGS4 bundle, apparently we are special because that system only came out in North America. Even though that sold very well, Sony still chose not to bring it back. Someone at that time must have been really against bringing it back...

Message 36 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Mar 24, 2012

Isn't the European 60gb the same as our 80gb edition (the software one)? If so that sucks. Lol.

Message 37 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Mar 24, 2012

YamiJustin wrote:

Isn't the European 60gb the same as our 80gb edition (the software one)? If so that sucks. Lol.

Yes their 60GB came out in March 2007, just as Sony was winding down our 60GB production. Another reason why we are fortunate, being in North America...

Message 38 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Mar 24, 2012

I think many PS2 titles look horrible for a different reason. The 3D was just bad by comparison. So upscaling bad = more bad ;-)

Just my opinion from having gone back and played a couple old PS2 titles.

Message 39 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Mar 24, 2012

The PS3 also has the ability to smooth out the graphics, as well as upscaling so it makes the games look better on an HDTV. IMO (without upscaling) PS2 games look better on a CRT screen because they are lower resolution, and many of the graphical flaws are not as visible as they would be on an HDTV...

Message 40 of 83 (7 Views)
0 Likes