Feb 26 2012
By: GrooveAssassin First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Album art and info regarding the PS Vita

3 replies 964 views Edited Feb 26, 2012

I am a complete audiophile and I love listening to music, but I'm having a little trouble with the Vita. I understand that it supports one compressionless format (.wav), but for some reason, whenever I transfer my music in this format to the Vita, it doesn't recieve any album art or media information like the name of the abum, artist, track title, etc... With other formats such as MP3, I can get album info but no album art. If anyone knows how to transfer the album art and info with WAV files to a PS Vita please let me know becasue I'd prefer not to have to rebuild my whole music library just so I can know what I'm listening to.

Any and all assistance is appreciated,

Adam

Message 1 of 4 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: Album art and info regarding the PS Vita

Feb 26, 2012

GrooveAssassin wrote:

I am a complete audiophile and I love listening to music, but I'm having a little trouble with the Vita. I understand that it supports one compressionless format (.wav), but for some reason, whenever I transfer my music in this format to the Vita, it doesn't recieve any album art or media information like the name of the abum, artist, track title, etc... With other formats such as MP3, I can get album info but no album art. If anyone knows how to transfer the album art and info with WAV files to a PS Vita please let me know becasue I'd prefer not to have to rebuild my whole music library just so I can know what I'm listening to.

Any and all assistance is appreciated,

Adam

I believe wav files were around before those things started to be included in the file format and are not an available option.

Message 2 of 4 (964 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 5, 2012

I wikipedia'd the crap out of WAV files and you're right, they don't support album info or art becasue they're such an old meda format. But I did find out that FLAC files do support album art and info, so now I just gotta hope that Sony releases an update for Vita to support FLAC.

Message 3 of 4 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Mar 5, 2012

MP3's Do support Album Art embeded into the MP3 File.

I use a program called "The GodFather" to edit all my mp3's and embed my album art in the files.

The PSP had no issue reading the album art id imagine it the same for the vita.

Message 4 of 4 (964 Views)
0 Likes