MVP Support
10871 posts

Re: Afraid to buy the PS4!

Jul 7, 2013

Crescendo_66 wrote:

I dought there will be a PS5 or a Xbox Eleven i dont see any thing new any more and with power i think this is as powerful they will get unless your on the gaming PC side were you have the ultimate graphical advantage over the silly monkeys fighting on which is better while the PC guys play there games like we like to do so and laugh at the monkeys

That awkward moment when you realize your 5 year old PC lacks the horsepower to run Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag...

Message 21 of 63 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Backwards compatibility has always been a null point to me. Yeah you can argue that you don't want consoles hooked up and whatever, but I take pride in my 14 consoles that I have hooked up to my television and plugged into my walls. Yeah the channel selector boxes are heard to do sometimes, but it is worth it just to be able to play  all of my games on their original consoles, plus it looks awesome lol

Message 22 of 63 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11638 posts

Jul 7, 2013

fortune_exe wrote:

Backwards compatibility has always been a null point to me. Yeah you can argue that you don't want consoles hooked up and whatever, but I take pride in my 14 consoles that I have hooked up to my television and plugged into my walls. Yeah the channel selector boxes are heard to do sometimes, but it is worth it just to be able to play  all of my games on their original consoles, plus it looks awesome lol

yea to me too, while it would be nice if it was backwards compatible, its just not a deal breaker for me if it doesnt.  its not like im planning on getting rid of my ps3 any time soon.

>

Message 23 of 63 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
599 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

I'm not sinking a dime into a ps4 until well after the first year , maybe 2 years. Since buying 3 fat PS3's and all but 1 died (60gb is now in the closet and using a slim) and with the changes to BC I'm less than a happy consumer. I carfully vacuumed, covered it, played in short sessions, took care of them to have them shut off during certain stressful games because of crappy cooling, soldier and mobo issues. had to buy a slim ps2 to keep my library of 112 ps2- PS1 games alive and now no ps2 anymore . Had to ebay for controllers so I have spares. Sony made a system destined to fail no matter how well you treated your ps3 and now they're going to make me shell out another $500 plus on a new system because of the new OS can't play PS3. I suppose rebuying all my hard copies of games and making sure I'm constantly connected to the internet is great for Sony but after $1800 worth of hardware within 5 years makes me extremely hesitant to support another sony console. The reluctance isn't so much about BC, it's more about whether the PS4 will last worth a **bleep**. Anyone can say "keep your ps3 " but the **bleep** things die i n a few years.  I feel  that somewhere down the road, Sony will announce a let down that will anger their player base. Even the dark side fixed the red rings and kept consumers at bay without asking for $125. I have zero faith the new sytsem won't have hardware issues or be subject to some form of changes that affect gamers negatively. Not a troll here, a Sony supporter and still have my PS1 but very angry at this new direction this console may take with it's social media feel . PC gaming can defintely be subject to more growth if the players don't buy a PS4

Grandizer

Message 24 of 63 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

GAMECREEP wrote:

If the rumors are true that the PS4 will not be backward compatible with other PS games than I have this one question.  Why in the world would anyone want to purchase PS4 games with the fear that PS4 games will not be compatible with PS5? Any thoughts?

its not as serious as you would like to believe it is. the majority of people will not really care, just like the majority of people do not care dvd players are not backwards compatible with VHS tapes

GAMECREEP wrote:

Also, what I don't understand is that Sony is saying that we can't support older games because of the new architecture.  That is the biggest lie of all.   

it actually isnt.  Cell architecture (ps3) is not compatible with an x86 architecture (ps4), which isnt new architecure, correct, but it is completely different and has a different set of  instructions on how to program the processor

The reason windows is able to run old programs is because its still using the same architecture that was used to make those now old games. 

Message 25 of 63 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13485 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Even if I were to purchase a PS4, I'm still going to enjoy playing my PS3 and sometime plan on buying more games that I never played sometime in the future. I bet the topic creator didn't understand that there will be a cloud service called Gaikai so PS3 games can be compatible to play on the PS4 in 2014.

The comment he has made about the PS5 has little to no revelance and it'll be another ten years from now for it to be released.

Playstation Support Phone Number
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Message 26 of 63 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 8, 2013

To be honest, I don't care about backward compatibility. Hell I can count on one hand the number of PS2 games and the number of times I played those games on my backward compatible PS3, in the almost 6 years I've owned it. And the last PS2 game I even ran on it would be at least 3 years ago. 

Even now, the only PS3 games I care about really anymore are Oblivion and Skyrim, and that's just cause Elder Scrolls holds a special place in my heart. I might go back and play them once in a while, and for that I'll keep my PS3. But a time comes to move on. Believe me I will trade my PS3 in when Oblivion and Skyrim eventually/hopefully become available on Gaikai. I'm moving on. The experiences were great while they lasted, but all good things must come to an end eventually, and that time is now, as we are on the precipice of a brand new generation of gaming, one that promises to be even greater.

Got my preorder in at Gamestop, and I will be there at the midnight launch.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 27 of 63 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 8, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Link to every "PS4 no have BC?" or "PS4 cannot into PS3?" thread ever.

And a list of all the reasons why that I've encountered.

• Convenience - Yeah, slash lazyness
  • My whole PS3 library has been rendered useless - Solution: Keep PS3
  • Why would I want to have to huge consoles hooked up to play games (Somone actually said this)
  • It costs money to keep both - No in fact it does not
  • It will be a gold mine, I tell ya' - False, the cosole would be needlessly expensive because it's basically a PS4 with a PS3 built in
  • Put a PS3 disk reader inside the PS4 - Which is just putting the PS3 inside the PS4
  • Why not make a cable to connect the PS3 to the PS4 so I can... - Note: the PS3 would be right next to the PS4, playing the game and streaming it to the PS4
  • PS4 can't play PS3 games because Sony is lazy - Yeah, okay. The x86 architecture cannot emulate cell engine/Different Architecture
  • PS4 should play PS3 games because they're both blu-ray - Fallacious argument. Do not respond because this person does not know what they were talking about and will refuse to acknowledge the truth. It will carry on for at least seven pages. They believe they are correct. / Different architecture
  • PS4 games won't be any better, I need it to play PS3 games - Aside from the minute uptick in graphics, simply put, the PS4 alows for more of everything.
  • won't enjoy PS4 titles - Why buy a PS4?
  • don't have any space - Put the PS3 away, you won't play it everyday. Guess what I did when I wasn't playing my N64: in the box
  • I only have one HDMI in - Most HDTV's, even older ones, have multiple HDMI inputs; when all else fails: HDMI switch
  • I would pay for it - Yeah, you, not the average consumer which needs to be considered to sell anything
  • have to sell my PS3 for a PS4 - Probably the most logical of the bunch
  • was never gonna' play PS4 games on my PS4, just watch movies and play PS3 games - That's just silly. I don't approve.
  • I don' wanna' - Entitled
  • Online communities will be empty because everyone has a PS4 - False, if everyone is frothing at the mouth for PS3 games they will not simply empty like *that*
  • The PS3 is selling horribly so Sony is pushing out a half baked PS4 - PS3 overtook Xbox 360 sales some time ago, it's gaining steam
  • The PS3 will die suddenly when the PS4 is released - Sony has a ten year plan for their systems. The first two lasted longer than a decade. I expect nothing different from the PS3, only 7 years old.
  • What if my PS3 breaks - What if your PS4 breaks/Buy a new one/You will be able to find someone to fix it
  • What if Sony drops support; they've lied before - Not about the ten year life cycle

ALL THE THOUGHTS YOU COULD EVAR WANT.

Lmfaoooooooooooo!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! omg.... that was just ridiculous i swear..and what makes it so funny is that people actually say things like that..its sad.

Message 28 of 63 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Why do people fear this so much? The ONLY reason you should care about backwards compatibility is if you don't keep your old systems.  I don't take the "not having enough room" as an excuse.  If you really wanted to keep the old systems, you would find the space.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 29 of 63 (158 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

Well.. The objective from a business standpoint is to still sell the PS3.

If it was backwards capable then everyone would be trading PS3's and Sony lose money.

Message 30 of 63 (152 Views)
0 Likes