I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Re: Afraid to buy the PS4!

Jul 7, 2013

Teus wrote:

GAMECREEP wrote:

If the rumors are true that the PS4 will not be backward compatible with other PS games than I have this one question.  Why in the world would anyone want to purchase PS4 games with the fear that PS4 games will not be compatible with PS5?  I know that it's a ways off but it's a serious concern.  Now I either have to hold on to my PS3 console in the hopes that it will never break down to play my PS3 games or sell them now to get some sort of money for them!  What a bunch of crap!!  I have invested so much money into my PS3 and now it's potentially useless.  I know what you're thinking.  Hold on to your PS3 man and stop your whining!  I don't want to have multiple systems in my home and if it does break, I'll have to buy a new one or get it fixed.  I'm not made of money.  Also, what I don't understand is that Sony is saying that we can't support older games because of the new architecture.  That is the biggest lie of all.  Microsoft Windows has had back compatibility with older games since as far as I can remember.  It's called a software update folks! It really doesn't have a whole lot to do with hardware.  I can play old DOS games on my Vista machine so why not old PS games on the PS4.  I'm just saying that I am very nervous.  Any thoughts?

the onle reason why the ps4 isnt backwards compatible with ps3 games mainly because the ps4 would need to be more powerful than it is inorder to emulate the cell processor..  but we dont know what is planned for the ps5..  who knows, with the steps they made to make the ps4 easier to program for it might be possible that the ps5 may be backwards compatible with ps4 games provided sony doesnt take to mauch radical changes on what architecture the ps5 would run on..  

Exactly. We have to have a console with the same architecture to become backwards compatible. since the PS4 isnt the same as PS3, no BC.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 11 of 63 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11832 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

Teus wrote:

GAMECREEP wrote:

If the rumors are true that the PS4 will not be backward compatible with other PS games than I have this one question.  Why in the world would anyone want to purchase PS4 games with the fear that PS4 games will not be compatible with PS5?  I know that it's a ways off but it's a serious concern.  Now I either have to hold on to my PS3 console in the hopes that it will never break down to play my PS3 games or sell them now to get some sort of money for them!  What a bunch of crap!!  I have invested so much money into my PS3 and now it's potentially useless.  I know what you're thinking.  Hold on to your PS3 man and stop your whining!  I don't want to have multiple systems in my home and if it does break, I'll have to buy a new one or get it fixed.  I'm not made of money.  Also, what I don't understand is that Sony is saying that we can't support older games because of the new architecture.  That is the biggest lie of all.  Microsoft Windows has had back compatibility with older games since as far as I can remember.  It's called a software update folks! It really doesn't have a whole lot to do with hardware.  I can play old DOS games on my Vista machine so why not old PS games on the PS4.  I'm just saying that I am very nervous.  Any thoughts?

the onle reason why the ps4 isnt backwards compatible with ps3 games mainly because the ps4 would need to be more powerful than it is inorder to emulate the cell processor..  but we dont know what is planned for the ps5..  who knows, with the steps they made to make the ps4 easier to program for it might be possible that the ps5 may be backwards compatible with ps4 games provided sony doesnt take to mauch radical changes on what architecture the ps5 would run on..  

Exactly. We have to have a console with the same architecture to become backwards compatible. since the PS4 isnt the same as PS3, no BC.

should also mention,, that yes ps3 can still emulate a ps1 as it is quite easy to emulate..  thats really the issue is,, theoretically if the ps4 is more powerful than it is it could be possible to emulate the ps3 so it can run ps3 games...  but as someone on this board said it needs to be about 10X more powerful than it is to properly emulate the cell processor...  however if the ps5 is based on a simular architecture then it would be easy to have it run a ps4 game.

>

Message 12 of 63 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

"I don't want to have multiple systems in my home" = LAZINESS! Plain and simple. I have currently 3 systems (PS2, PS3 and Wii) and am looking to get a PS4, Xbox 360 (it's been out for a long time I know but I haven't been able to get one because of my love for Sony and Nintendo, money I could have used to buy 360 I used instead to buy games and accessories for those systems, not that I don't like Xbox) a WiiU and an Xbox 1, so that would make a total of 7 systems (8 if I ever get back the original Xbox) I would have hooked up (obviously not enough inputs on any TV for all of them, but I am not lazy and can simply switch out cords or hook up a multi tap). Not to mention if I feel old school I'd break out the old NES or Sega systems. The systems I don't use often are boxed and stored waiting for me to feel like playing on them again. Like I said simple! Otherwise you are just plain lazy! 

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 13 of 63 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

I know what you mean OP. The thought of one day no longer being able to play my Fat Boys cassettes in the distant future used to keep me awake at night.

If I may reccommend an introduction to the 4 noble truths in Buddhism...I think learning about suffering, attachment and letting go would help ease you into the transition of next generation gaming.

In all seriousness I have a late model PS1 and a PS2 slim that I dusted off & gave a go not too long ago. I can't even play old PS titles because they're too dated anyway but it's lasted 15 years. In other words, the system has outlasted my need for it.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 14 of 63 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Too bad i bought those darn Atari, sega genisis, nintendo,  nintendo 64, ps1, ps2 and ps3 games because i wasted my money and wont be able to play them on my ps4 and I may not be able to play my ps4 games on my ps5 if it will become available.    I am keeping my ps3 and putting it in my bedroom and having the ps4 in the living room.  I hear what you are saying but I would rather have the new systems focus on new technology instead of trying to find a way to play games from the past.  It is nice to be playing final fantasy VII, VIII, IX and X on my ps3 (20gb launch backward compat)  but it definately isnt a deal breaker as i said im keeping my ps3 as well.  If that breaks down i still have my original playstation as well Smiley Happy, my ps2 broke :0 so i dont have that but again lets move forward not backward.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 15 of 63 (206 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 7, 2013
This Post makes no sense, PS5 is years down the road. PS4 has not even hit the streets an you worrying about PS5.
Message 16 of 63 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I dought there will be a PS5 or a Xbox Eleven i dont see any thing new any more and with power i think this is as powerful they will get unless your on the gaming PC side were you have the ultimate graphical advantage over the silly monkeys fighting on which is better while the PC guys play there games like we like to do so and laugh at the monkeys

Message 17 of 63 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11832 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Crescendo_66 wrote:

I dought there will be a PS5 or a Xbox Eleven i dont see any thing new any more and with power i think this is as powerful they will get unless your on the gaming PC side were you have the ultimate graphical advantage over the silly monkeys fighting on which is better while the PC guys play there games like we like to do so and laugh at the monkeys

um,, there will always be improvements in technlogy, eventaull we may see games that needs more than 10gb or ram to run well..

despite certain people who states console gaming is dying, i assure you it is not... and I am pretty sure by the time the ps4 comes out they may already be starting on thinking what they can do for ps5.. we already know they been planning on a ps4 for years..

>

Message 18 of 63 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jul 7, 2013

ColtsFanatic86 wrote:
This Post makes no sense, PS5 is years down the road. PS4 has not even hit the streets an you worrying about PS5.

Logic has no place on the PlayStation Community Forums.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 19 of 63 (226 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Jul 7, 2013

i just realized my NES game doesn't play on WII, does anyone have Mr. Nintendos contact info?

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 20 of 63 (225 Views)