Sep 20 2011
By: goofy102331 Hekseville Citizen 358 posts

Additional Features You'd Like to Add to the PlayStation Vita

18 replies 39 views Edited Sep 20, 2011

You can make them unrealistic, I just like to see creative thoughts and cool ideas.

Message 1 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: Additional Features You'd Like to Add to the PlayStation Vita

Sep 20, 2011

The only thing I can think of is HDMI output and a longer battery life ( even though the battery problem is easily solved by getting an external battery). But for something that won't be coming to the psvita, its internal memory even though its not needed, due to the memory cards up to 32gb that they have available, it would be nice to have alot of data on your psvita and have one memory card instead of multiple. It shocked me to see everything that the psvita already has, so its hard to think of anything new. I would have put an idea like 3d, or a umd drive but those aren't good ideas because the psvita isn't a psp so it shouldn't have every single feature of the psp and were not trying to get people to think that sony is just copying other systems by putting 3d. I would like to hear some ideas of software additions because its more realistic to add software instead of hardware.

Message 2 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Very cool and creative.... I like it.

Message 3 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Something similar to the 3DS's Streetpass.  Something where if I pass someone else who has a PSP we trade off characters and I can use that persons character to play other mini games.  Kinda the only thing I really like about the 3DS lol

Message 4 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Fully remappable controls on the OS. (this way you can remap the controls even if the game doesn't allow it) The OS should save your configs for each game. (so if you switch the game, you don't have to manually change the controls back to normal) Obviously touchscreen and gyro will not apply to this, but start and select buttons should as well as dpad directions and minstick directions, and maybe touchpad. Also maybe gyro and touchscreen should apply to it too (it would be a VERY NICE gesture in any case) meaning it could only be one-way. (meaning you can map buttons to touchscreen and waggle, but you obviously couldn't remap motion controls and touchscreen controls in games to something else)

Full game rentals on PSN.

edit:

3. Be able to rate content and see ratings of PSN content from Vita like you can with PS3 and Media Go. (PSP could not do this, you had to go to Media Go or PS3 just to rate a game you've purchased or check ratings before purchasing)

Message 5 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Kajros wrote:

Something similar to the 3DS's Streetpass.  Something where if I pass someone else who has a PSP we trade off characters and I can use that persons character to play other mini games.  Kinda the only thing I really like about the 3DS lol

NEAR is the exact samething as spotpass its already there. You can even trade pictures, levels, website links files etc... and you dont have to pass anyone you can just pick up and drop gifts which are what I mentioned earlier ^^^ over wifi or 3g and gps/ skyhook.

Message 6 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2705 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Some form of Playstation Home

Message 7 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 21, 2011

It would be cool if Sony brought back their 'Room' project, which was supposed to be PS Home for the PlayStation Portable. Since the Vita will be more powerful, it'll be perfectly capable of handling it.

Message 8 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Well my understanding of NEAR is that you have to be connected to a wifi in order for it to work.  Correct me if I am wrong?  Streetpass just have to have it turned on the 3ds and wifi on and boom pass another 3ds and it happens no real connection needed.   Still plan on getting a psvita either ways think the system will be awesome.

Message 9 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 21, 2011

iBOCK_ wrote:

It would be cool if Sony brought back their 'Room' project, which was supposed to be PS Home for the PlayStation Portable. Since the Vita will be more powerful, it'll be perfectly capable of handling it.

It has something called friends network which is a pshome for the psvita and its side scrolling instead of 3d.

Message 10 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes