Oh, that sounds lovely

Message 11 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: Additional Features You'd Like to Add to the PlayStation Vita

Sep 21, 2011

Kajros wrote:

Well my understanding of NEAR is that you have to be connected to a wifi in order for it to work.  Correct me if I am wrong?  Streetpass just have to have it turned on the 3ds and wifi on and boom pass another 3ds and it happens no real connection needed.   Still plan on getting a psvita either ways think the system will be awesome.

Well what the psvita probably has is a share data option which shares data through ad-hoc (without wi-fi or 3g connection) The psp had something similar so im sure the psvita has an enhanced version or something. Its not gonna be like the 3ds where you just pass by someone. You will also need to have the other person connect to your personal console for it to work, but its close enough.

Message 12 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2011

Well im wondering, will the ps vita be able to play online games since it has all this high tech stuff especially now that it has 3g and wifi I think it should be able to. online games like World of warcraft, ragnarok, silkroad, and much more. If anyone knows please comment!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 22, 2011

BloodKainZX wrote:

Well im wondering, will the ps vita be able to play online games since it has all this high tech stuff especially now that it has 3g and wifi I think it should be able to. online games like World of warcraft, ragnarok, silkroad, and much more. If anyone knows please comment!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be able to play online using wifi, 3G does not have the speed. As to MMORPGs, I will depend on if the developers want to code an engine for the PSVita and if players will want to play such a game for hours at time on a small screen while anchored to a wifi spot, a larger console will probably be preferable.

Message 14 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 22, 2011

Kajros wrote:

Well my understanding of NEAR is that you have to be connected to a wifi in order for it to work.  Correct me if I am wrong?  Streetpass just have to have it turned on the 3ds and wifi on and boom pass another 3ds and it happens no real connection needed.   Still plan on getting a psvita either ways think the system will be awesome.

No, you have you wifi on whilst you travel around so that 'near' will know where you have been when it compares it to the skyhook data base (or if you have the gps unit that will do). Then at some point you synchronise 'near' online and it will let you know if you have picked up any gifts on your travels, that can be done when you get home or are near a wifi hotspot or maybe anywhere with the 3G unit. I do not believe it will allow real time gifting as you walk past someone but full details have yet to be released. With the 3DS you need it's wireless connection on all of the time in order for it to recognise another 3DS, but does it allow location based gifting?

Message 15 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13735 posts

Sep 23, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

Kajros wrote:

No, you have you wifi on whilst you travel around so that 'near' will know where you have been when it compares it to the skyhook data base (or if you have the gps unit that will do). Then at some point you synchronise 'near' online and it will let you know if you have picked up any gifts on your travels, that can be done when you get home or are near a wifi hotspot or maybe anywhere with the 3G unit. I do not believe it will allow real time gifting as you walk past someone but full details have yet to be released. With the 3DS you need it's wireless connection on all of the time in order for it to recognise another 3DS, but does it allow location based gifting?

Here's a question about that: Wouldn't you need to register whatever wifi spot you happen to be near by in order for it to register? It's not like the Vita will just automatically connect, will it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 24, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

Here's a question about that: Wouldn't you need to register whatever wifi spot you happen to be near by in order for it to register? It's not like the Vita will just automatically connect, will it?

Skyhook Wireless has a database of the physical location of 250 million wifi hotspots cross referenced with their MAC addresses. It covers 70% of populated areas in the US, Canada, Western Europe and some Asian countries.

You do not need to connect to read the MAC address.

Message 17 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 24, 2011

I wish the Vita had vibration feedback, the only handheld that I know of that had it was the original Nintendo DS, where certain games supported it with a rumble cartridge that fit in the Gameboy Advance cartridge slot...

Message 18 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13735 posts

Sep 24, 2011

Well the Gameboy Color had some games with rumble lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes