Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Adam Sessler leaves gaming industry for good...

Apr 3, 2014

In 2012, his first platform exclusive game on his list was Journey at #3.

I couldn't find anything on 2011, but G4 did give Skyrim GOTY (deserving)

Same with 2010, but G4 gave GOTY to Mass Effect 2 (deserving) (oh, and Halo ODST wasn't even nominated)

I believe he gave Uncharted 2 GOTY back in 2009, and even went as far as to say, "Uncharted 2 has the best single-player I have ever played"

In 2004, he gave GOTY to Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

In 2005, he gave GOTY to Shadow of The Colossus

I couldn't dig up any other years, but I think that's enough to show that he isn't exactly pro-Microsoft, nor is is pro-Sony. He just reviews games, and tells the honest truth about what he actually likes. Even in 2013, he admits that he lumped all his nominees together since one wasn't necessarily better than another. His segment on TLOU reflects how much he actually loved the game.

Message 41 of 52 (172 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I would love to see Adam, Greg, and Colin all in one Beyond Podcast together. Adam's intellect, Greg's quick wit and Colin's temper would be quite the interesting thing to listen to.

Message 42 of 52 (172 Views)
Big Daddy
16827 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

I had to make sure this wasn't some April Fools joke... You know, since instead of people enjoying the ONE DAY of jokes, they like to stretch it out for a period of a week or a month - like people tend to do with their birthdays (which I think is stupid).

Its sad to see him go, but I hope to see his future works someday.

Ever since I found Adam Sessler reviewing games for Gamespot some 15 years ago, I knew that I found someone who I could relate to and trust his opinions about. Not that  I agree with EVERYTHING he says, but the fact that my disagreements with him don't happen often and the fact that he has been around for the majority of my gaming hobby, makes me miss him.
His reviews were usually the ONLY reviews I was interested in, and the many podcasts and interviews he's been in also interest me more than any other personality out there.

BTW, misleading title. He isnt leaving gaming indutry behind. He will still very much be involved in it

Furiously Chaosing
Message 43 of 52 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13015 posts

Apr 4, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I had to make sure this wasn't some April Fools joke... You know, since instead of people enjoying the ONE DAY of jokes, they like to stretch it out for a period of a week or a month - like people tend to do with their birthdays (which I think is stupid).

Its sad to see him go, but I hope to see his future works someday.

Ever since I found Adam Sessler reviewing games for Gamespot some 15 years ago, I knew that I found someone who I could relate to and trust his opinions about. Not that  I agree with EVERYTHING he says, but the fact that my disagreements with him don't happen often and the fact that he has been around for the majority of my gaming hobby, makes me miss him.
His reviews were usually the ONLY reviews I was interested in, and the many podcasts and interviews he's been in also interest me more than any other personality out there.

BTW, misleading title. He isnt leaving gaming indutry behind. He will still very much be involved in it

An MVP made a misleading title?

Reported

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 44 of 52 (148 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15102 posts

Apr 4, 2014

I won't miss him.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 45 of 52 (138 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Apr 4, 2014

SergeantVincent wrote:

Mikraphne wrote:

Have you even played Gone Home? Many people thought of it as GOTY, and as one of the most creative games made in the past year.

It was Indie trash and anyone who seriously considers it GOTY needs to stop playing.

well Gone Home is a interesting concept anyway. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 46 of 52 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2040 posts

Apr 4, 2014

gh

Message 47 of 52 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Apr 4, 2014

Bye Bye- Dont et the door hit ya!. Not a fan at all of his show. Whole PS3 thing. His show for a long while only could put the PS3 down system and game waise. Yet if the other comnsoles had that same issues game wise. He be like off thats cool lets see a fix not t hat the game is trash cause its on a PS3. To be honest near the end of PS3 time he and his show did get better but I think it was cause some one in the industry opened there mouth a bit bout the stuff they pullled. Is openly known they wee very fanboyish for one specific system. I may have to do some research into this. 

Message 48 of 52 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Apr 4, 2014

Mikraphne wrote:

Most people have to admit that they sided with the 360 during last gen. Most games were created for the 360, then ported over to the PS3. Many games that worked well on the 360 were buggy on the PS3 (Skyrim, anyone??), so I don't blame him for having sided with the 360. In addition to that the 360 controller beats the PS3 controller in every aspect. While the 360 didn't have MGS4, Uncharted, or TLOU, it did have some great games that were quite comparable (Gears of War, Halo, and even arcade games like Geometry Wars (why the hell isn't there one for the PS3 or PS4?!)).

It seems that the industry is little more on par with eachother now that both consoles are on x86 architecture, and many developers like Hideo Kojima seem to love working with the PS4, so it will be interesting to follow his opinions to see if he follows this trend. Something tells me that he will. Sure, he didn't give Infamous a great score, but I can't say that I totally disagree with him. Everyone seems to forget all the praise that he gave to Resogun just because he didn't give Infamous a perfect score.

I'm not bashing your post by any means, but I just wanted to put my own opinion in for the first section of your post. Other than that, I agree with you. Good luck to whatever he does in the near future! I'd love for him to start a full length podcast instead of short video reviews, but I am sure he quit Rev3 with something in mind.

Still doesnt mean you bash the other system like they did specially when the PS3 first came out. I use to watch there show untill the PS3 was always bashed and the brap box was always the best. Professions will know how to adress both even i fhtere are flaws or they dont like it. Called being professional.

Message 49 of 52 (99 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Apr 4, 2014

At the same time, what was not to bash? It cost more than a 360 and came out a year later with less features than an Xbox. It took them over a year to finally implement DLNA into it. Many people only bought it to play bluray movies, and it wasn't until about midway through its life cycle that it started to consistently come out with great exclusives. I love Sony as much as anyone, but I am also a realist. M$ absolutely killed it in the first half of last gen's life cycle. The Cell processor was a nightmare to work on, so developers just ported stuff over from the 360, which many times made a buggier version. I love my PS3 and find myself playing it more than my PS4 right now, but I am willing to admit many of the shortcomings of the console.

Now, it seems that the tables have turned with the PS4 vs. X1, which is very ironic.

Message 50 of 52 (86 Views)
0 Likes