Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Adam Sessler leaves gaming industry for good...

Apr 3, 2014

Have you even played Gone Home? Many people thought of it as GOTY, and as one of the most creative games made in the past year.

Message 31 of 52 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Mikraphne wrote:

Have you even played Gone Home? Many people thought of it as GOTY, and as one of the most creative games made in the past year.

I havent.

But I wonder has he ever given any PS3 game, game of the year?  

(multiplats dont count unless specifically stated as the PS3 version)

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 32 of 52 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Most people have to admit that they sided with the 360 during last gen. Most games were created for the 360, then ported over to the PS3. Many games that worked well on the 360 were buggy on the PS3 (Skyrim, anyone??), so I don't blame him for having sided with the 360. In addition to that the 360 controller beats the PS3 controller in every aspect. While the 360 didn't have MGS4, Uncharted, or TLOU, it did have some great games that were quite comparable (Gears of War, Halo, and even arcade games like Geometry Wars (why the hell isn't there one for the PS3 or PS4?!)).

It seems that the industry is little more on par with eachother now that both consoles are on x86 architecture, and many developers like Hideo Kojima seem to love working with the PS4, so it will be interesting to follow his opinions to see if he follows this trend. Something tells me that he will. Sure, he didn't give Infamous a great score, but I can't say that I totally disagree with him. Everyone seems to forget all the praise that he gave to Resogun just because he didn't give Infamous a perfect score.

I'm not bashing your post by any means, but I just wanted to put my own opinion in for the first section of your post. Other than that, I agree with you. Good luck to whatever he does in the near future! I'd love for him to start a full length podcast instead of short video reviews, but I am sure he quit Rev3 with something in mind.

Message 33 of 52 (524 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 3, 2014

That's a generous score to be honest. They delayed the game four months and it wasn't anything special or ground breaking aside from the graphics.

And unfortunately, graphics don't make games.

Message 34 of 52 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Mikraphne wrote:

It was Indie trash and anyone who seriously considers it GOTY needs to stop playing.

Message 35 of 52 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Well, I am glad to know that you are the only opinion to look to for gaming.

Message 36 of 52 (505 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4469 posts

Apr 3, 2014
I liked watching Adam's reviews an d such, liked him on X-Play and follows him while he was at Rev3Games, I was lucky to meet him at E3 2013, really cool guy, didn't always agree with his views but I liked hearing his opinion, much respect
PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 37 of 52 (503 Views)
Last Guardian
9857 posts

Apr 3, 2014
I think he had a pretty good input when it came to games. Most of the stuff he said was generally agreeable. Not bummed about him leaving though. Never liked him.

Now when Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty retire I'll be a sad panda.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 38 of 52 (491 Views)
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

After he went off on Twitter about how the industry was collapsing, refusing to give any details, and it turned out he was just throwing a fit about having to go to a review event Sony set up... Yeah, I'm not too upset about this. Disappointing too, because I had a lot of respect for him before that incident and was extremely excited to bump into him at PAX. See ya, Sessler.

Thats what happens when you get old..... You randomly turn into a crybaby at times.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 39 of 52 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Apr 3, 2014

the_original_se wrote:

Mikraphne wrote:

Thank God?

Seriously, this guy is a genius when it comes to the video game industry. Go listen to some of his 'Sessler's Something' videos on Rev3, and you might change your mind. I didn't care for him while he was on XPlay, but realized how intellectual the guy was once I started subscribing to his videos.

3081892+_12401f5e9d246201572134629e5a179a.jpg

he gave Gone Home the GOTY 2013. Smiley Very Happy

The rank of "GOTY" doesn't actually hold value.

If you pay attention, IGN gave Arkam City GOTY.... but no one else did....

Its all an OPINION.

What matter is if YOU AGREE with that opinion or not.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 40 of 52 (482 Views)
0 Likes