VP of Gaming
34131 posts

Re: Adam Sessler leaves gaming industry for good...

Apr 3, 2014

Mikraphne wrote:

Thank God?

Seriously, this guy is a genius when it comes to the video game industry. Go listen to some of his 'Sessler's Something' videos on Rev3, and you might change your mind. I didn't care for him while he was on XPlay, but realized how intellectual the guy was once I started subscribing to his videos.

3081892+_12401f5e9d246201572134629e5a179a.jpg

he gave Gone Home the GOTY 2013. Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 52 (560 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 3, 2014

da1writer wrote:

Jhooud wrote:

Well, maybe as a positive for those of you who enjoy his work, he's not really leavng the industry for good is he?

da1writer wrote:

While I would never say no to doing one more review, interview or opinion piece, the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium.  

So he'll be doing something in the gaming industry, just not what he has been doing?

As a whole, it sounded like he wants to look at other ventures but could be wrong...

I suppose that makes sense, though I'd guess he'd have to stay fairly close to his roots (maybe a tech blog or something) given this particular skills and experience.  I thought he was okay on X-play, but I don't think I've seen him do anything since.  YMMV.

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 22 of 52 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Apr 3, 2014

ReddAxel wrote:
He gave Second Son a 3/5, so yeah good riddance

Indeed. God forbid someone else has a different opinion than you. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 23 of 52 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13062 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Ever since he threw a temper tantrum at the broes before hoes trophy I stopped caring about him. A shame, I liked his show on g4tv

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 24 of 52 (554 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I won't miss him.

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 25 of 52 (554 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5978 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Jhooud wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Jhooud wrote:

Well, maybe as a positive for those of you who enjoy his work, he's not really leavng the industry for good is he?

da1writer wrote:

While I would never say no to doing one more review, interview or opinion piece, the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium.  

So he'll be doing something in the gaming industry, just not what he has been doing?

As a whole, it sounded like he wants to look at other ventures but could be wrong...

I suppose that makes sense, though I'd guess he'd have to stay fairly close to his roots (maybe a tech blog or something) given this particular skills and experience.  I thought he was okay on X-play, but I don't think I've seen him do anything since.  YMMV.

I also liked him on X-Play when G4 was a gamers channel, especially with Morgan. Him going to Rev3 though... kinda made me question his views sometimes on there....

Message 26 of 52 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4066 posts

Apr 3, 2014
Disappointing, always liked his hear his take on gaming, but if he gave a low score to a game someone liked he should be killed.
Why have discourse when the hive mind is so much more comfortable? 5/5

Imma go watch some EC on youtube to feel better.
Servo Antidae Fossor
Message 27 of 52 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12328 posts

Apr 3, 2014

You should be comended for not retiring back when you turned 65 like most people do.

As to your reviews(which is almost the only thing I know you for), some how you always seemed to side with 360 when it was convienient to do so, except when it was undeniable the Playstation game was amazing to attempt to not discredit yourself, and being on X-play I guess that figures but I had hoped for a  lot more.

And though I havent seen you on tv for several years, and never really agreed with any but a few of your reviews, and though reviews on the run and attack of the show stole my attention from x-play a long time ago, I will still notice you are not here.

Thats something isnt it?

Good luck in the future.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 28 of 52 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12328 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Jhooud wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Motion capture model for the upcoming hunchback video game maybe?    

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 29 of 52 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6968 posts

Apr 3, 2014

From what I read he just wanted to try something else not leave gaming altogether, it's whatever though once he left xplay and DirectTV got rid of G4 I stopped caring about him.

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 30 of 52 (507 Views)
0 Likes