Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: Adam Sessler leaves gaming industry for good...

Apr 3, 2014

DeckardB wrote:

I feel he was biased a lot of the time, and his reactions were sometimes too emotional and over the top. He'd be very outspoken about certain things on one platform, and give the same things on another platform a pass.

You just described most of the people on a PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo forum...

I liked him, because he never felt like a suck up to one brand. I appreciated his opinions. I did not always agree with them, but his voice was as important as any of ours. And like many other gamers, his views/opinions about certain topics could change.

Oh well. I wish him the best on whatever he does in the future.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 52 (248 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

ow

Apr 3, 2014

Wow, that so weird. I just started listening to the Kevin Perrera Podcast today which he features Adam Sessler. It was a few months old, and he was talking about how much he loved Rev3 and the creative freedom that he finally has now. I wonder what new door opened up?

Message 12 of 52 (240 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014
He gave Second Son a 3/5, so yeah good riddance
Message 13 of 52 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Thank God?

Seriously, this guy is a genius when it comes to the video game industry. Go listen to some of his 'Sessler's Something' videos on Rev3, and you might change your mind. I didn't care for him while he was on XPlay, but realized how intellectual the guy was once I started subscribing to his videos.

Message 14 of 52 (224 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Sad to see him go. This is a dark day indeed. Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 52 (218 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Believe me, I love inFamous as much as anyone, but in the grand scheme of things, was the game worthy of a perfect score? No.

The guy made some decent points on why he gave it a 3/5 and doesn't score many games above a 4 in the first place.

Once you platinum the game and do the Paper Trail missions, will you really go back to the game? Maybe if some DLC comes out in the future, but the game just lacks replayability as compared to many open world type games. I loved the game, but it's true.

Message 16 of 52 (216 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Apr 3, 2014

I hate to admit it..... but that's sort of a good thing. I noticed more peronality growing over the reviews he would post lately. He also seemed to be growing way more critical towards games..... or maybe I'm just noticing a bit too much

young beard signature
Message 17 of 52 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

ReddAxel wrote:
He gave Second Son a 3/5, so yeah good riddance

It deserved better?

Graphics, sure: 5/5

Everything else: 3/5 seems reasonable, in my opinion.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 18 of 52 (211 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Well, maybe as a positive for those of you who enjoy his work, he's not really leavng the industry for good is he?

da1writer wrote:

While I would never say no to doing one more review, interview or opinion piece, the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium.  

So he'll be doing something in the gaming industry, just not what he has been doing?

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 19 of 52 (201 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6208 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

Jhooud wrote:

Well, maybe as a positive for those of you who enjoy his work, he's not really leavng the industry for good is he?

da1writer wrote:

While I would never say no to doing one more review, interview or opinion piece, the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium.  

So he'll be doing something in the gaming industry, just not what he has been doing?

As a whole, it sounded like he wants to look at other ventures but could be wrong...

Message 20 of 52 (196 Views)
0 Likes