May 02 2013
By: toshimoog First Son 11 posts

Account region/country of residence

2 replies 247 views Edited May 2, 2013

Will we ever be able to change our country of residence for our PSN account? Next year I am moving to Japan and wonder if I'll be able to change that info in my account, because I want to keep my username and I want to keep my trophies, but I want to be able to use the Japanese PlayStation Store to continue buying games.

Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: Account region/country of residence

May 2, 2013

toshimoog wrote:

Will we ever be able to change our country of residence for our PSN account? Next year I am moving to Japan and wonder if I'll be able to change that info in my account, because I want to keep my username and I want to keep my trophies, but I want to be able to use the Japanese PlayStation Store to continue buying games.

Who knows what or if Sony has any plans to offer this type of feature when the PS4 comes out (since PSN ID's/Trophies will carry over) So, unless they do something like that, you will need to create another PSN ID as a Japanese account.

But, be careful, if you download firmware updates from Japan, on your US PS3, it even states on PlayStation's website that system stability is not guaranteed.

And even though games are not region locked, DLC is. So if you purchase DLC for a game, make sure it's for the same region as the game.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 3 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
41812 posts

Re: Account region/country of residence

May 2, 2013

toshimoog wrote:

I doubt this will be come an option, especially as our PSN ID's will carry over like HorrorGod said, in any event what you're asking to do is keep your current PSN ID, change the country & use that same PSN ID in the JPN Store, I have to say I think this is VERY unlikely, sorry.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 3 (228 Views)
0 Likes