Highlighted
Sep 08 2012
By: techy87 First Son 14 posts

Account on friends system

[ Edited ]
8 replies 133 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

I'm fairly new to the PS community and I was wondering if I'd be able to login to my PSN account on a friends console and download a game that's available to PLUS members to their system and play it?

I want to still be able to play it on my system at home as well.

I know your able to do it on the xbox, but since I don't have my xbox anymore I moved to the PS3. I don't know if the feature exist yet for the Playstation.

Message 1 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Account on friends system

Sep 8, 2012

As far As I am aware you can log onto you psn account from you friends system but will only be able to play the downloaded game on their system. It will not save to your account if that is what you are wondering.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 2 of 9 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

I've already downloaded/installed the game to my system, but she wants to play the game as well. The way I see it you should be able to download/install the game to another system and as long as my profile is on her system it should play with no problems.

Message 3 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Be aware you can only change you game sharing on systems once every six months I was told by a Sony rep by phone. So you will not Be able to change systems with your account to do this again for 6 months. Means you can only game share on 2 systems tops every six months now

Message 4 of 9 (117 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Games-sharing is not allowed & is against Sony's T & C's.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 9 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 8, 2012
You are not allowed to share game.
Message 6 of 9 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 8, 2012

You can share if You are the one playing the game with your friend but game sharing to let other user receive game content for free I against Sony rules hence why they are limiting game sharing to other consoles once every six months it is my understanding sometime with in the next year game sharing will be eliminated all together on the PSN

Message 7 of 9 (94 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Sep 8, 2012

lRlSH-PAT wrote:

You can share if You are the one playing the game with your friend but game sharing to let other user receive game content for free I against Sony rules hence why they are limiting game sharing to other consoles once every six months it is my understanding sometime with in the next year game sharing will be eliminated all together on the PSN

I don't know if you're just using the wrong language IRISH but Sony is not limiting game-sharing at all, game-sharing is not allowed period, what I think you are referring to is being able to deactivate your PS3 console once every 6 months, not game-share with a different person every six months!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 8 of 9 (87 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Yes you are correct I call it game sharing But ye it is the activation of game content on another ps3 for your user ID. My mistake people sorry did not think that one through. But Yes once every six months you can change it now limit to to ps3's.

Message 9 of 9 (81 Views)
0 Likes