Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2013
By: FunkyPurple413 First Son 1 posts

Accessories/Chargers for PS3

2 replies 67 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

Hello!

Recently I have lost my USB charger that came with my PS3 Console Package. My friend suggested using his 30V MP3 charger to charge it but I am very iffy with trying anything out without knowing if it will work or just wear out my battery or something. I know that some chargers do that if it's doesn't belong with that specific device (ie. computers, phones, etc.).

Also, I was wondering about any other ways of charging my Controllers, such as wirelessly. I know Bluetooth can charge it wirelessly, but are there any recommended 'safe' products for doing so?

Off Topic: Any recommended webcams for talking and snapshots that work with games like MW3 and LBP2? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7976 posts

Re: Accessories/Chargers for PS3

Apr 16, 2013

FunkyPurple413 wrote:

Hello!

Recently I have lost my USB charger that came with my PS3 Console Package. My friend suggested using his 30V MP3 charger to charge it but I am very iffy with trying anything out without knowing if it will work or just wear out my battery or something. I know that some chargers do that if it's doesn't belong with that specific device (ie. computers, phones, etc.).

Also, I was wondering about any other ways of charging my Controllers, such as wirelessly. I know Bluetooth can charge it wirelessly, but are there any recommended 'safe' products for doing so?

Off Topic: Any recommended webcams for talking and snapshots that work with games like MW3 and LBP2? 

You can use pretty much any mini-USB cable to charge your controllers.  It is a pretty standard cable that works with many devices.

The controllers can only be charged via USB.  Pretty much any 'smart' USB port will work (PS3, PC, some cable boxes, etc), as long as you use the cable I mention above.

The only camera that I know of that works with the PS3 is the PS3 Camera.  You can buy it separate (~$40), or as part of a Move bundle (~$70).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (65 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: Accessories/Chargers for PS3

Apr 16, 2013

FunkyPurple413 wrote:

Hello!

As far as syncing the controllers, you would need the USB connector.  They sell Sony USB cables at the stores, but any with the appropriate "rating" will suffice.

As well, I use the Duracell Tree to charge my controllers.  It shuts off the charging, once the controller is fully charged.  I leave mine on the tree, and in two years, I have not noticed any degradation in the battery life.  Mine holds two at a time, but they do sell ones that can hold up to four.

I have seen some reviews about the charger itself burnig out, but have yet to see any reviews about controller damage.

I have no input on cameras.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (50 Views)
0 Likes