Nov 15 2012
By: X-Offender Lombax Warrior 131 posts

Accessing DLC through different accounts

5 replies 93 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

OK, here's the thing. When I bought my PS3 four years ago, I put the country of residence as Italy since I lived in Italy at the time. Now I want to purchase some DLC maps for Uncharted 3, but for the life of me I simply can't find any Italian PSN cards to purchase anywhere on the net. I don't even have an Italian credit card for that matter, so I simply cannot purchase anything from the Italian PSN store. However, I was thinking, if I open a new account and I put the United States as my country of residence, and I download the DLC maps on that new account, will I be able to access them with my old account as well?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 6 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Re: Accessing DLC through different accounts

Nov 15, 2012

I do not believe this is possible.  The DLC should be specific to the system they were bought for, in conjunction with your PSN account they were bought under.

One question, for give me I am not an international traveler so I may need clarification on this.  Why would you need an Italian Credit Card in order to purchase something online?  I am pretty sure most, if not all credit cards do not discriminate where you can buy something, so long as you clearly indicate to the card management bank, you will be making international purchases.

If someone else could elaborate on this, I would like to know, why you would have this issue.

Moble

Message 2 of 6 (87 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Nov 15, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

I do not believe this is possible.  The DLC should be specific to the system they were bought for, in conjunction with your PSN account they were bought under.

One question, for give me I am not an international traveler so I may need clarification on this.  Why would you need an Italian Credit Card in order to purchase something online?  I am pretty sure most, if not all credit cards do not discriminate where you can buy something, so long as you clearly indicate to the card management bank, you will be making international purchases.

If someone else could elaborate on this, I would like to know, why you would have this issue.

Moble

The billing address for the card must match the store region.

Message 3 of 6 (85 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 15, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

The billing address for the card must match the store region.

Ah, then that answers it.  Thanks ne1.  Now I know.

G.I. Jose says;

"Remember, you know enough"

:smileyvery-happy:

Moble

Message 4 of 6 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Yeah I'm pretty sure it has to do with currency exchange rates. Otherwise you could scam games for cheap. They also need a good address so you can't just steal someones card too I guess.

Message 5 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Well, that sucks. Sony have really screwed everyone with the fact that you can't change your country of residence.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (69 Views)
0 Likes