Jun 08 2013
By: NemoMeImpune First Son 17 posts

About pre-ordering The Last of Us on PSN.....

[ Edited ]
8 replies 269 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

I have pre-ordered the game on PSN (which is the first time I digitally pre-order a geme btw) and all I have in my download list is a pre-order static theme. I guess I'll have to download the game on the release date then, but my friend in Hong Kong says that he has a game downloader about 137MB in size and with which he can already download the game right now and wait for it to be unlocked on the 14th. So is this feature unique to Hong Kong PSN or am I missing something in my purchase....

Here's the picture of the downloader that my friend showed me...

0df3d7ca7bcb0a46ea2c94996a63f6246b60af07.jpg

Message 1 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Re: About pre-ordering The Last of Us on PSN.....

Jun 8, 2013

NemoMeImpune wrote:

I have pre-ordered the game on PSN (which is the first time I digitally pre-order a geme btw) and all I have in my download list is a pre-order static theme. I guess I'll have to download the game on the release date then, but my friends in Hong Kong says that they have a game downloader about 137MB in size and with which they can already download the game right now and wait for it to be unlocked on the 14th. So is this feature unique to Hong Kong PSN or am I missing something in my purchase....

Here's the picture of the downloader that my friend showed me...

I may be wrong, but I do not think we have it. I have actually never heard of PSN having this feature regardless of region. I would guess you will have to have fun downloading the 26gb of TLOU on the 14th! Enjoy!

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 9 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Sounds like a Hong Kong thing. On the 14th, at midnight, they will be releasing the game though, and it includes a special downloader that will allow you to play it once it has hit the halfway point.

Edit: And you're sure your friend isn't BSing you? For the God of War TLOU demo, I had the same downloader with the same screen. Took forever...

Message 3 of 9 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 8, 2013

So I'll have to download 13GB of stuff before I can play.... Well better than having to download the full game I suppose, but I wonder why they only have this function in Hong Kong, it seems to be more useful than the "download-while-play" one if you pre-order....

Message 4 of 9 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 8, 2013

johngie wrote:

Sounds like a Hong Kong thing. On the 14th, at midnight, they will be releasing the game though, and it includes a special downloader that will allow you to play it once it has hit the halfway point.

Edit: And you're sure your friend isn't BSing you? For the God of War TLOU demo, I had the same downloader with the same screen. Took forever...

I have comfirmed this with several Hong Kong PSN users, and there is no reason they all would be kidding me......

Message 5 of 9 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 8, 2013

NemoMeImpune wrote:

johngie wrote:

I have comfirmed this with several Hong Kong PSN users, and there is no reason they all would be kidding me......

Maybe they all hate you?

Message 6 of 9 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 8, 2013

johngie wrote:

NemoMeImpune wrote:

johngie wrote:

Maybe they all hate you?

Well guess what I just found on the Hong Kong PSN site:

Important Notices
Full Game
• The initial download size for this game is approx. 200MB. A larger download is then required.
• The larger download will begin immediately, but the game will not become playable until June 14th 3:01pm Hong Kong Time 

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/regional/gamedetails?id=19128

Message 7 of 9 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Question, and im only asking for the sake of logic.

Why would you pre-order a game that you're going to buy as a digital download?

Kind of defeats the purpose....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 9 (197 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Thats the same down load screen that I saw when I down loaded the demo yesterday.

Message 9 of 9 (191 Views)
0 Likes