Apr 17 2013
By: dcw2 First Son 1 posts

Ability to search in new PSN? No way to search Genres?

8 replies 340 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

How are you supposed to be able to search games?  Other than 1 at a time aimlessly.  I don't don't care about which games are being promoted, I want to search by genre.  This is bad enough to make me not purchase from PSN.  Super disappointed.  

Message 1 of 9 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11514 posts

Re: Ability to search in new PSN? No way to search Genres?

Apr 17, 2013

You're not alone in feeling like the revision of the store has been a misstep Sony has taken. However, there are also so many who prefer this design of the store to the old one. It used to be that PlayStation Network users could search through alphabetical folders. I'm not sure if there ever was a genre listing. Being what the store is now, maybe someone out there just has to clock them over the head and tell Sony to switch things up a bit.

Message 2 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I to wish you could search genre in the PS Store, idk maybe come PS4 they will fix this
Message 3 of 9 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34975 posts

Apr 17, 2013

/>

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 9 (304 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4738 posts

Apr 17, 2013

You can!

Example, searching for RPGs: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/rpg/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ROLEPLAYINGGAME

To search others: Hover your mouse over "Play" at the top of the page, in the menu bar.  A drop down menu will appear with different genres.  Pick the one you want, and browse!

Enjoy.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 5 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10352 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

You can!

Example, searching for RPGs: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/rpg/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ROLEPLAYINGGAME

To search others: Hover your mouse over "Play" at the top of the page, in the menu bar.  A drop down menu will appear with different genres.  Pick the one you want, and browse!

Enjoy.

Yeah just use your PC to access the store.

Sony broke store access via PS3 for lots of us, but why would anyone use a PS3 to make purchases for their PS3?

The PC version of the store is much easier to use, just dont try and find any PS2 games, they do not deserve their own section it seems.

I would love to see a video tutorial of how you are suppossed to use the new store via your PS3, for those who can still access the store via their ps3's of course.

I actually heard Sony did a patch early this month to allow some people to access the store via their ps3's, maybe I will try again tonight.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 6 of 9 (283 Views)
0 Likes
4738 posts

Apr 17, 2013

You can sort by Genre on the XMB store as well:

When you get the the area you want to search within, "PS3 Games" as an example, On the top left of the screen there is "Add Filter".  Highlight that, and hit "X". From there a drop down menu appears, pick "Genre" then pick your genre.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
Message 7 of 9 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10352 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

When you get the the area you want to search within, "PS3 Games" as an example, On the top left of the screen there is "Add Filter".  Highlight that, and hit "X". From there a drop down menu appears, pick "Genre" then pick your genre.

If I ever get store access again I am going to have to try these helpful tips you keep giving.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 8 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
4738 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

If I ever get store access again I am going to have to try these helpful tips you keep giving.

I'm betting you have, but just to be sure... Did you delete and reinstall the store app?

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
Message 9 of 9 (257 Views)
0 Likes