Oct 08 2012
By: Dwenny Splicer 63 posts

Ability to download Update 4.25

7 replies 143 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

I tried to download the latest update from system update tag on bottom so I could change to a bigger hard drive.  It just sends me to the knowledge center. I used this tag with no problems in the past.  Is there another site to get this?

Message 1 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Re: Ability to download Update 4.25

Oct 8, 2012

You mean via the linked image?:

PlayStation®3 System Software Update

I just tested the link and it works for me. Takes me directly to the download page. 

Try this out:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm

Find where it says "Download Now" and you should be good.

Download Now

Message 2 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 8, 2012

You mean via the linked image?:

PlayStation®3 System Software Update

I just tested the link and it works for me. Takes me directly to the download page.

Try this out:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm

Find where it says "Download Now" and you should be good.

Download Now

Yes, this was the linked image I used, but it still sends me to the knowledge center.  I used the search in the knowledge center to get to download to PC page, but there is no download button as above.  The "update" link just sends me back to the knowledge center page.  I tried the update link you provided, but it does the same thing. Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Oct 8, 2012

The link takes you directly to the page you need. I just tried it again. Did you maybe miss the download now link?

PSN.jpg

Message 4 of 8 (117 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Sorry, there is no download box.  The page you are showing me is an older page. Here is the newer page link that that I have to search for.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/275/kw/ps3%20update%20download

Message 5 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 8, 2012

You are obviously doing something wrong/clicking a different link.....

I click the update box at the bottom of the page, i get sent to the main update page, I click the big blue "download now" button just below the PS3s that are standing vertical..... I then scroll to the middle of the page and see the nice blac/grey "Download" box under the PC/USB method......

However you got to the page you linked, is essentially the same page....... you simply used the "search" box...... the link to download the update is in the same place...... the box is just not showing up for whatever reason..... look for the words that say "Click Here" and your cursor will turn into the familiar pointy-hand that lets you know it is a download link......

downloadlink.jpg

Your welcome

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 8 (83 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 9, 2012

To: gR3yGh051

Yes, I got to the "click here" and it sent me to the Knowlege Center page again.  So instead of using my desktop pc, I utilized the PS3 web browser and got the update that way.  So at least I got to solve my problem using the PS3 to download the latest update.  Thank you guys for your help, I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Ok, I found the under lying problem with my computer.  With IE9, I had to disable protect mode to get it to link to the appropriate download page.  This was very fustrating for me and it took me a day to figure this out.  gR3 and Jag, thanks for your help.  I hope this helps others with the same problem. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8 (53 Views)
0 Likes