Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: AT&T 3g data connect sign up issue

Feb 17, 2012

From what I can assertain, there aren't many who have actually signed up, unless you already have AT&T service, then apparently it works without a hitch?  At least from what I have found.  Me on the other hand, still no luck, I think Im giving up on the whole 3g thing for now, might give it a shot again in a week or two, but at this point I figure AT&T doesnt want my money.

On a side note, I have entered my CC info so many times that I now have all of it memorized

Message 51 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I don't get why NO ONE from Sony would at least make a blog post addressing the issues being brought up. You know those bumbling dunces read these boards. The head honcho talked up a great game about the Vita just like a slick politician but when it comes to where the rubber meets the road his leadership ability is lacking. Just like with the PSN outage, they would rather stay quiet than make a statement that could help everyone involved.

Message 52 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Feb 17, 2012

MarkakaJin wrote:

I want to point to you all to those who have successfully signed up and activated their 3G plan. After your first activation and signing up for a DataConnect Pass, that's just the tip of the iceberg. What you need to do is go the website (buyasession.att.com) and log in. Then go to MY DEVICES AND PLAN, expand the deviced you registered for more details, click ADD A PLAN, scroll down and look for the one that says redeem a coupon, add it, submit, and next month should be free. It should say something like VITAPROMO1.

This is worth its own thread to help people out.

Message 53 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I agree totally, so far I have called AT&T who tells me to call Sony, Sony tells me to call AT&T, I tried to take it to Best Buy where I got it from and they looked at me like I had 3 heads!  Ok so lets be honest I never really expected anyone at Best Buy to have a clue, but at this point I was willing to try anything.  Then off to the AT&T store, they were just as helpful as everyone else, still no 3g for me!  I just find it awfully disturbing that each company blames the other, and at the end of the day we the consumer can't even get some sort of an answer, not even "Sorry for any inconvience we are having issues and are working to resolve them"  I mean the people at AT&T didn't even know what a Vita was.  Great training job there Sony/AT&T.  Come on guys all we want is someone to say there is an issue and tell us its going to be worked on, something, anything. I mean some idiot flammed me because I was complaining, told me it would be fixed on the 22nd.  Really?  then Sony owes me $50.00, they sold me a machine they said would have 3g access and it doesn't, and if it suddenly works on the 22nd, i will be the first to file a class action suit for being told we were being sold a 100% working machine only to get a crippled one, that my friends is false advertising, which in this country as well as most other countries is illegal.

Message 54 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 17, 2012

MarkakaJin,

Are you an existing AT&T customer?  Im trying to narrow down why some people can get the 3g to work and some cannot, Personally im up to 77 $1.00 preauths from AT&T on my credit cards.  Also how did you sign up, thru the website or the Vita?  also which plan did you select?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Message 55 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I have never been an AT&T customer, ever. You don't have to be an AT&T customer to sign up 3G, specifically for your 3G/Wifi PS Vita. That's as far as I know.

I couldn't signed up through PS Vita. I did it a few times and it gave me an error. Then I came to the forums here if anyone had the same problem and that's when someone pointed out that you can signed up on a website. So I tried signing up through the website (buyasession.att.com). What I did was I go through the sign up page on the PS Vita, I went to the part where it shows the info for IMEI and ICCID, that's what you guys need to sign up through the website. I put in both when I was signing up on the website through Google Chrome. Yeah, it worked for me on Google Chrome but after signing up, I couldn't access through the website so I have to go use Firefox. So anyways, I entered both IMEI and ICCID, signed up and things went well than expected. I chose the date next day (Feb 16th) for activation and my PS Vita got all my info I submitted for activation. The plan I chose was the $14.99 Dataconnect Pass, 250MB for 30 days. I didn't pick the recurring data plans or anything major like the $30. I was actually aiming for the free game, haha and of course, I'd still like to try out the 3G whenever I'm out and about.

Oh and when I mean when I said I couldn't access through the website after signing up, I meant when I want to log in and check out everything to make sure everything is alright.

Message 56 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1213 posts

Feb 17, 2012

this really is some bull. I doubt its from their system getting hammered. Not that many Vitas have been sold yet I know. But I have more than a few friends that have activated successfully. I know its an AT&T issue tho. How the hell do they make a site that doesn't even working in chrome? Sad...I never had issues with them before this. Been with them for 5 years with like 4 cellphones.

If I didn't know any better its almost like they are sabotaging the pre-paid website...lol

46" PSX, PS2, 1TB PS3, 1TB PS4.

PS3 Trophies
Message 57 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I wonder if the key is to use the next day as the start date, for my 78th try ill pick tomorrow and see what happens, if it goes thru I'll repost.  thanks for the info!

Message 58 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Nope failure on using tomorrow for a start date.

Message 59 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 17, 2012

"you can't use a new sim card, hopefully you still have your old one.  They told me the same thing but when we put in the new sim card it said it wasn't provisioned(basically if sony hasn't touched it yet it won't work in your vita).  This whole thing is just getting rediculous."

I don't understand this? I'm not getting a "provisioned error." i can still get through the same process i was before. regardless sony has nothing to do with the sim card. that is all on AT&T

Message 60 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes