Splicer
87 posts

Re: AT&T 3g data connect sign up issue

Feb 17, 2012

I used to work 2nd leevl tech support for cingular wireless(now at&t wireless) and the actual device shouldnt matter, the error code is a system error and at least on the cingular side there was a code database to look up error codes. It could be something as simple as some of the vita IMEI or may not be recognized in their database and just needs to be updated

Message 41 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Feb 17, 2012

TYLERDURDEN71 wrote:

I used to work 2nd leevl tech support for cingular wireless(now at&t wireless) and the actual device shouldnt matter, the error code is a system error and at least on the cingular side there was a code database to look up error codes. It could be something as simple as some of the vita IMEI or may not be recognized in their database and just needs to be updated

it could be resolved by the time official launch rolls around (Im not too familiar with GSM networks, CDMA is my safety zone) then if thats the case. If its the IMEI/ICCID then perhaps ATTs system is treating it like a blacklisted device if its not in their databases.

Message 42 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Halday wrote:

ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL EXPERIENCE SONY / AT & T !!

Phenomenal way NOT to sell a product ..

I have just spent the last 50 mins being thrown around between Sony and AT & T trying to get support regarding this connection service promotional offer. You would think with such a HUGE product launch / promo that someone on either side would first, know that the product / service exists and secondly, how to actually get it to work.

Just in case its not getting through to you, I'm extrememly P.O.'d

Nice going AGAIN, oh and thanks for the memories

You can keep your free game!

Halday Trophy Card

If u want it just for the free game, just buy it. You'll have to throw $15 at ATT anyways to get it VS $10 in PSN. but if your wanting to use 3G for real well, welcome to hell I guess.

Message 43 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 17, 2012

ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL EXPERIENCE SONY / AT & T !!

Phenomenal way NOT to sell a product ..

I have just spent the last 50 mins being thrown around between Sony and AT & T trying to get support regarding this connection service promotional offer. You would think with such a HUGE product launch / promo that someone on either side would first, know that the product / service exists and secondly, how to actually get it to work.

Just in case its not getting through to you, I'm extrememly P.O.'d

Nice going AGAIN, oh and thanks for the memories

You can keep your free game!

..Ps, Yes, as a previous poster has mentioned - the first edition case does literally stink. This 3G puppy is going back to Gamestop - completely useless, time-sucking gateway to torture that it is. Nice screen, though. And trully Impressive hardware, but I may just wait for the price drop that will inevitably occur given this stellar launch performance.

Halday Trophy Card
Message 44 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Yea, I got a ticket open with at&t yesterday.  They initially said they were having issues with the system but then got my IMEI and ICCID and opened a trouble ticket to look into the issues.  I'm up to 43 $1 pending charges on Discover card from attempting to activate though!  Trying to get to 100 at least, it is a new game.

Their Web site goes down quite frequently as well, I've noticed since I've tried it so many times.  Sometimes it drops in the middle of me entering my data.  I think they have a much bigger problem going on at the moment, but this is pretty pathetic. I can understand Wednesday, maybe, but it is Friday now.  They should have a notice up saying they are having issues and have at least some kind of clue what is giong on.

Message 45 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Feb 17, 2012

bmatt wrote:

Yea, I got a ticket open with at&t yesterday.  They initially said they were having issues with the system but then got my IMEI and ICCID and opened a trouble ticket to look into the issues.  I'm up to 43 $1 pending charges on Discover card from attempting to activate though!  Trying to get to 100 at least, it is a new game.

Their Web site goes down quite frequently as well, I've noticed since I've tried it so many times.  Sometimes it drops in the middle of me entering my data.  I think they have a much bigger problem going on at the moment, but this is pretty pathetic. I can understand Wednesday, maybe, but it is Friday now.  They should have a notice up saying they are having issues and have at least some kind of clue what is giong on.

I would check the world record & try to beat it. I would love to be the service agent for your CC company calling you about the 100 pending charges lolol.

Talking about $1 charges; By the way: If your using Bank of America & see random $1 charges on it I would be wary & change  your info for the card, BOA got hacked & thats a test charge to see if the card works so the thiefs can makeoff with your dough. (Happened to me) I didnt pay attention to it, since I was buying from PSN with a new Debit # & from sites I never used like crutchfield *shrugs* but yeah few days later~ Bam $800 gone on amazon for laptop ;; (Bank refunded me though)

Message 46 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Feb 17, 2012

The free game was not my incentive. Sure it would have been nice to get along with a functioning product.

Not mean't to be. The hardware is awesome, absolutely no question. I just figured it was probably better for me to get the 3G and have something that I didn't need

rather than need something down the road that I didn't have. At the time, the case, memory card, game seemed right for the price. Boi.did I make a bad choice.

Believe me..I will turn this into a good thing and very generously share my First Edition 3G Experience with my friends and anyone else who will listen.

Hopefully they can save themselves a whole lot of grief.

I just hope Sony wakes up and makes better choices as far as who it partners with.

Such poor judgement in my now very seasoned opinion, is not very respectful of a very loyal customer base, Sony.

Halday Trophy Card
Message 47 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I want to point to you all to those who have successfully signed up and activated their 3G plan. After your first activation and signing up for a DataConnect Pass, that's just the tip of the iceberg. What you need to do is go the website (buyasession.att.com) and log in. Then go to MY DEVICES AND PLAN, expand the deviced you registered for more details, click ADD A PLAN, scroll down and look for the one that says redeem a coupon, add it, submit, and next month should be free. It should say something like VITAPROMO1.

Message 48 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Thank you for that info! I just did mine.

Message 49 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Feb 17, 2012

No problem. I don't want to leave anyone in dust otherwise, there'd be cluster of complaints after 30 days, haha. Now all we have to do is hope we get our own voucher codes or something for the free game after our first plan is up.

Message 50 of 85 (16 Views)
0 Likes