my internet is buggy at home.. might try at work and see if it goes through

Message 32 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: AT&T 3g data connect sign up issue

Feb 17, 2012

Yep, this issue pretty much sucks.

I'm getting this error on both the Vita itself as well as the att.com/buyasession/

SOH00004:AT&T is not able to process your request. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I've been on the phone with AT&T today for a total of about 4 hours. I've spoken to at least 10 reps. I've been hung up on twice.

Also talked to Sony three times. They were sympathetic, but pointed the blame directly on AT&T.

Very frustrated!

Message 33 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I was receiving the error message last night, called AT&T and they had no idea what to do. Tried again today (both website and vita app), no luck. So, I decided to call AT&T again. This time they reccommended I go to a store and get a new sim card. After getting a new sim card, I am sitting here in the same position, website nor application will work and my vita is offline.

Message 34 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 17, 2012

you can't use a new sim card, hopefully you still have your old one.  They told me the same thing but when we put in the new sim card it said it wasn't provisioned(basically if sony hasn't touched it yet it won't work in your vita).  This whole thing is just getting rediculous.

Message 35 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Yup I'm having the problem too!  I'm pissed!  I do not suggest anyone get the 3G version its not worth it!

Message 36 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 17, 2012

So according to the AT&T rep I just got off the phone with my error was that my SIM card activated, and then the account it activated on closed(needless to say I did not close the account so I don't know what the fuck happened there -_-) so basically I need a new SIM card.  I got a new SIM card from AT&T earlier today because they thought that was the case and when I put it in it says the SIM card isn't provisioned, so hopefully tomorrow I can squeeze an answer outt of AT&T or Sony as to what the fix for this is -_-

Message 37 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Its now day 3, still on luck, i've tried 3 different computers, my smart phone, the Vita, my Ipad, and an abbacus.  I did happen to get 3 of my credit cards locked down due to fraud prevention, since AT&T dings the card on each attempt for a $1.00 pending charge, and after about 25 attempts I would lock down the cards too.  This is such a joke, Not only are we having issues with the sign up, being an early adaptor we also only got a 4gig card, Hell if I knew this was going to be such a pain in the ass, i would have waited the extra week and save the $50.00 and gone wifi only.  I know stuff happens on new rollouts, but after 3 days you think they could get it fixed, and no word from Sony, come on Sony, you need to poke AT&T in the ass and tell them to get this worked out, otherwise all of us unhappy early adaptors are going to tell everyone to shun the 3g model. 

Message 38 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 17, 2012

you would think someone at AT&T would know what the error code was. All of their codes should point to 1 particular issue and since everyone is getting the same error code, you would think they would have a fix

Message 39 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Most people in customer service rather do minimal work, and I dought theyve had any real training yet for Vita specific error codes. If its happening from the site its ATT for sure & nothing to do with sony. If its a simcard issue too, like said above about the card bieng "used" it blame also falls on ATT for supplying a used card. These are unmarked simcards, if it needed to be sony provisioned they should of put the VITA logo or something on them but didnt so now even their own store clerks are getting confused. I didnt have any activation issues, I signed up for it the moment it asked the first time...guess I was one of the few lucky ones but heck I will share in the distress with yall.

Message 40 of 85 (18 Views)
0 Likes