Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Re: ARE YOU ALL ENJOYING YOUR VITA PAPERWEIGHT? i know i am NOT

Apr 22, 2012

Dude, I was strictly having a go at your spelling, grammar, and punctuation... Very hard to read your posts

Message 21 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2131 posts

Apr 22, 2012

Dude,

Really who says Dude anymore? Sorry if you are having trouble reading my post but sometimes I type fast and make mistakes. Also my space bar sticks sometimes, but think you are intelligent enough to get my drift then again maybe not.

Message 22 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 22, 2012

Not my fault, I've been playing Disgaea all day, dood

Subbing in commas for apostrophes isn't typing fast. There are typing too fast typos, I am too cool to spell typos, and the making other people's brain hurt typos... Yours are the last one, no offence.

Message 23 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2131 posts

Apr 23, 2012

I get it now, you must be a kid. I am sorry I didn't realize, I thought I was speaking with an adult. Adults don't make such a big deal over others mistakes so I understand now. You might also look up how to spell the word offense, it's spelled offense not offence. You would not want to hurt anyones brain now would you? If you can tear yourself away from Disgaea for a few minutes maybe you can get some fresh air and learn to lighten up

Message 24 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 23, 2012

Awesome, just look at the improvement! Thx

Message 25 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7418 posts

Apr 23, 2012

yea i totally love it , i love ModNation Racers Road Trip, Escape Plan, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, Wipeout 2048 and apps like Near, Messages, Trophies, Friends and Party

Message 26 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 23, 2012

dbrownyard wrote:

crazy, you must have not have owened a psp then cause this blows the psp out of the water... granted the cameras are a bit of a joke.  Sony could have done better given smart phones are pushing 5 mb average and higher on some phones.  .38 mb is a bit funny, reminds me of those little 'digital cameras' that you can buy in the toy department.   Now if the hardware supports it, thenit might just be a firmware update that allows more data to be written to the image, granted the lenses and photo apature can handle it lol.  (I am no expert on this in any way though, more so my 2 cents.). 

I just got mine and have the golf game, unit 13, and uncharted titles.  Have you set up your vita to access the store and more importantly demos of major games.  I downloaded the uncharted demo (since it is the most expensive game) to make sure that I would like it... yep it is very nice.  As stated above, I purchased it today.

I am a big pc gamer running 2 gtx 560 ti's in sli and am impressed with the vita graphics. 

I have seen reviews and have seen that the browser was a negative hit... but compared to the psp browser and even connecting to the wireless router is hundreds of times better.  Now if they can only get flash to work LOL, but honestly using the www for gaming guides and other 'readable' content, the vita performs quite nicely. 

It will be interesting to see what Sony has in store for the future of this portable. 

But really, a paper weight?  Just the touch screen/back pannel and gyro addition to gamming alone (and cheaper than the original psp on launch) put this miles above the psp.

But, maybe you just don't like mobile gaming :shrug:

That's the exact problem right there. I own a PSP, bought the 3000 pretty much right when it came out. You know what else I own?

30+ UMDs which are worse than useless for the PS Vita I just bought. I knew this when I bought it - I just figured that I'd have a lot more fun with the Vita (bought Wipeout 2048 and Super Stardust Delta, and rebought MHFU). And I can play those, and I like them. But you know what else I like, that I can't play? MHP3rd, P3P, Kingdom Hearts, ZHP Unlosing Ranger, MGS Peace Walker, Gods Eater, FF Dissidia, Duodecim, Crisis Core, Tekken 6, DJ Max. I own these games in UMD form, but I can't play them on the Vita - some because they're incompatible with the Vita, and some because I'd have to buy them again for FULL PRICE (wait.. no Passport Program for NA? Fuck you too, Sony...).

Because of this, most of the time my Vita stays behind on my desk, and my PSP gets abused about as often as it was before the Vita came.

Message 27 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 23, 2012

Do you have a game stop? or another place that will buy used games/psp? I sold mine and got a good chunk back.  I know what you mean, that was a very dumb move on their part, but they probably thought that people would just do the same thing and still use their old psp.  This is probably why the sales in Japan were not that good at launch.  I did not have the 3000, I had the 2000, so I did not enjoy the higher contrast and brighter screen. So I can only compare to the 2000 and did not find that the system was good enough to go up to the 3000.  Now I feel that I have something better and will just have to wait for titles to come out. 

I see your point and feel that it is a very strong point and Sony needs to understand how this looks to loyal customers, but I still stand by my comparison though, and still think that a paper weight is a bit harsh

Message 28 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Apr 24, 2012

DJ_Capro wrote:

well this thread has idiot written all over it

try turning it on – oh wait you also need some games

Maybe he can't find the on button??

Message 29 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Apr 24, 2012

too much Vitassurance in this topic! I have 9 games for the Vita and it still makes for a great coaster or door stop. It does nothing that Sony said it would do at E3 2011, no cross platform (unless you count 4 games), no ps one support, not all psp downloads support, not all minis, can't remote play any ps3 game (unless you Jack Sparrow it)... It plays Vita games fine, but there's like 1 game a month and nothing all that great coming out for it... It was either rushed, or Sony lost their awesomeness.

Message 30 of 35 (20 Views)
0 Likes