Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 08 2011
By: crucifixio First Son 7 posts

APO/FPO addresses

8 replies 332 views Edited Dec 8, 2011

My credit card that I use for Playstation Store purchases was just renewed. So, I went to update the expiration date and update my billing address. Well, apparently according to the Knowledge Centre APO/FPO addresses aren't currently valid addresses.

So, when does Sony plan on making these valid addresses?

The only card I have that isn't attached to my APO address is a British card and I have no intention of creating a new account on British PSN.

Admittedly my level of knowledge on the subject is pretty low but it seems to me that implementing these addresses in the system would be a very simple thing to do. Hundreds of online merchants accept these addresses for billing/shipping already. So, why does Sony not already do this?

Message 1 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: APO/FPO addresses

Dec 8, 2011

I doubt anyone here has any insight into Sony's APO/FPO address policies.

All I can suggest is that you buy a PSN card.

Message 2 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31046 posts

Dec 8, 2011

You said the credit card you used was just renewed, which credit card did you use before & for which PSN Account in which country?

Also which is your home country?

Message 3 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 9, 2011

It's a Mastercard and I live in England. However, my PSN account is US. I'm military stationed in England.

Message 4 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 9, 2011

What is a PSN card. If it's another credit card I have enough already.

Message 5 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31046 posts

Dec 9, 2011

crucifixio wrote:

What is a PSN card. If it's another credit card I have enough already.

No it's not a credit card, I have enough of those too, a PSN Card is a credit card shaped card that you can buy in certain stores & in some online ones too, & I think they come in $10.00, $20.00 & $50.00 denominations, it may be a way for you to circumvent your current issue & add funds to your account.

I'm still a little unclear if your American or British/English, but no matter, just so you know whichever country you are from & normally reside in should also be your PSN Accounts country.

Message 6 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 9, 2011

Many users are having this issue it may have something to do with the server going out of service recently due to the hackers that used an exploit to attack PSN so some services may still not work right for awile...

iTs ViRuS TiMe!
Message 7 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 9, 2011

Cheers for that. I hadn't heard of them before. I'll have to look into it.

Message 8 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 9, 2011

They say George Hotz AKA,GeO HoT a guy who was first to hack and unlock the apple iPHONE and is now forever banned from all/any PSN service is possibly one of the offencive hackers responsible for hacking PSN as well as a few others that may still be at large.

iTs ViRuS TiMe!
Message 9 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Likes