Highlighted
Jul 23 2009
By: EMajorwitz79 First Son 31 posts

APO Addresses

3 replies 69 views Edited Jul 23, 2009

So this is part rant and part plea, bear with me.

I  am an American that lives overseas, Germany to be exact, but unable to input my credit card information to appease Sony.  My wife is a teacher with DoD, but we do not live on base.  My PS3 is NTSC. 

Funny, my Nintendo Wii has no problem with my credit card and they will show you where and what to put in the City, State, and Zip Codes.  I'd dump Sony if I had the chance, but I have too much money tied into their gaming systems.

Okay, rant over.

If I just buy the cards at the Post Exchange, will they work or will I just be out my money?

Retired semi-pro quarterback
Message 1 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: APO Addresses

Nov 13, 2009

I have the same issue, I wish Sony would incorporate the APO, AE option into the billing menu.  I mean, the PS3's seem to sell out here pretty quick so there is a market for them.  What I did was set up my "Ship it APO" address as my CC billing address and that seemd to work.  I also have paperless billing so it's prety much free. 

I'm going to try the second option today and just go buy a PSN card from the PX.  It should last me a while.

Message 2 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

May 17, 2011

Has anything changed since?  I really would like to use Netflix and Hulu.

Retired semi-pro quarterback
Message 3 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 17, 2011

I had a similar issue when i was overseas. I called up Sony and they id it for me over the phone.   Hope that helps!

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
Message 4 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes