Reply
Apr 24 2013
By: Olygo024 Monster Hunter 41 posts
Offline

ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

35 replies 261 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

How can we purchase by others reviews. We want to test the games by ourselves according to our tastes. So, demo of all the games should be to have a try of the product.

What all others think?

_______________________________________________________________
FOR ANY HELP (SPECIALLY NEWBIES, ASK THE MVPs OR AT FAQ OR CAN ASK ME)
ALWAYS FOR HELP
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE OTHERS
IGNITED MINDS
Message 1 of 36 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013

Yeah, I think every game should have a demo.

Message 2 of 36 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4403 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

There is a difference between a demo and a trial. A demo is usually a segment of the game that the devs chop & cut to create a sample of their game that will grab you. But, not all devs are willing to create a demo for their game.

 

A trial is where you get to play the game from the beginning, for a limited amount of time.

If you mean ALL games should have trials, I agree. Hopefully the PS4 offers this in the future.

 

PS+ members already get free trials to select games.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 3 of 36 (255 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

There is a difference between a demo and a trial. A demo is usually a segment of the game that the devs chop & cut to create a sample of their game that will grab you.

 

A trial is where you get to play the game from the beginning, for a limited amount of time.

If you mean ALL games should have trials, I agree. But, not all devs are willing to create a demo for their game.



This. You want demos for all EA games? Contact EA. Activision games? Contact Acti. And so on and so forth.

 

As well, the vast majority of all demos are specifically tailored to only reveal X many things, allow the player to do these X tasks, have these X experiences. Go play the The Darkness 2 demo, then play the real game. You'll likely notice just how large of a difference there is between the two in terms of how everything is presented, framed, and everything else I outlined. In the grand scheme of things, time spent on a demo is often time that could instead be used to polish a chunk of the game, or fix X many bugs. A demo could be the difference between having to release an extra patch for $30,000 on top of the costs associated with the demo or not having to.

 

And on top of all of this, there is absolutely no guarantee anyone will even play the demo. If you can't recoup the costs of a demo with EXTRA game sales on top of what was already projected, it's a failure.

 

 

 

Wow, I went on alot longer than I intended to when I sat down to reply. The more you know.

Message 4 of 36 (249 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/24/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013

basically though trails and demos are different, they serve the same way. For example, i played a trial version of FIFA13 for 1 hour and liked it, i am gonna to purchase it. Even if i play a demo version i will be keen to play the full version because the game was awesome for me and i cant resist myself from buying it. So, its all same if the game rocks. Moreover game developers should know that demos are a very field to advertise their games and get success.

_______________________________________________________________
FOR ANY HELP (SPECIALLY NEWBIES, ASK THE MVPs OR AT FAQ OR CAN ASK ME)
ALWAYS FOR HELP
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE OTHERS
IGNITED MINDS
Message 5 of 36 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/08/2008
Offline
778 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013

Olygo024 wrote:

basically though trails and demos are different, they serve the same way. For example, i played a trial version of FIFA13 for 1 hour and liked it, i am gonna to purchase it. Even if i play a demo version i will be keen to play the full version because the game was awesome for me and i cant resist myself from buying it. So, its all same if the game rocks. Moreover game developers should know that demos are a very field to advertise their games and get success.


I'm sure they know that, but are just too lazy to actually bring out a trial/demo of the game.


Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 6 of 36 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013

Sarobi wrote:

Olygo024 wrote:

basically though trails and demos are different, they serve the same way. For example, i played a trial version of FIFA13 for 1 hour and liked it, i am gonna to purchase it. Even if i play a demo version i will be keen to play the full version because the game was awesome for me and i cant resist myself from buying it. So, its all same if the game rocks. Moreover game developers should know that demos are a very field to advertise their games and get success.


I'm sure they know that, but are just too lazy to actually bring out a trial/demo of the game.


Why do I bother?

Message 7 of 36 (238 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/24/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013

i appreciate your viewpoint. But the developer need not to have so much extra expense on developing demos. They cut it from the original and only the first and the last part have to be edited to show the game is demo and to continue further you have to buy. It will take some time but, from our point of view, we are safe from wasting money on games that do not worth it. Think that you purchased a game because it was going hit all around but when you played it was not up to your mark.

_______________________________________________________________
FOR ANY HELP (SPECIALLY NEWBIES, ASK THE MVPs OR AT FAQ OR CAN ASK ME)
ALWAYS FOR HELP
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE OTHERS
IGNITED MINDS
Message 8 of 36 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1283 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013
Want to extensively test a game before purchasing it? Use Redbox.

1. Game demos don't always reflect the finished game after tweaks and refinements.

2. Game demos are carefully chosen by what will intrigue the users most. You might play a fun demo, fork up the money based off of 15 minutes of gameplay, then come to realize the game turns out to be junk.

3. Developers rather not jeopardize sales just to satisfy a small fraction of their consumers. Bad demo can cut your sales drastically.
Message 9 of 36 (229 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/30/2011
Offline
215 posts
 

Re: ALL GAMES SHOULD HAVE DEMOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE.

Apr 24, 2013

Many companies:

 

1: Refuse to put up a demo, saying it would cost too much

 

2: refuse to put up a demo because they know their game sucks, and they want to make dishonest money from blind purchases

 

3: Do a same-day digita release as the cart version via locking content, and have the full sized locked game as a demo (annoying...we don't need 2gb demos where we can only access less than a gig of data)

Message 10 of 36 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes