Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/10/2008
Offline
203 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 9, 2009

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

savethezombies wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

I_GooZe_I wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

savethezombies wrote:

So.

This Agent game is basically an apology to all the ps3 owners who bought gta4 and are angry about not getting dlc? That's what I got from the statement above.

 

Maybe it will actually be good if they're trying to win back gta fans but I can't help but remain skeptical. Really, when it comes to truly outstanding games, gta is all they got. They've had a couple of others that were okay but nothing to talk about.

 

Honestly, after seeing the latest dlc, I'd rather have that (no matter how outrageously overpriced it is) than Agent or LA Noir or whatever they want to call it now.  


Yes, essentially it is an apology. But all you will see soon. Agent will go multiplatform shortly after it is released. And in return, the DLC will come to us. Don't tell me know. I've seen it happen EVERY SINGLE TIME with Rockstar. Yes, EVERY TIME. Not a single time I was proven wrong.
And while I agree GTA is truely their best game, and you'd be a damn fool to say otherwise, they have never let me down. Sure they have some great games that are not outstanding (State of Emergency, Manhunt 2, Red Dead Relover, Table Tennis, The Italian Job, and Smuggler's Run) which are like 7s or 8s, but they have also have spectacular games (all the GTAs, Manhunt, The Warriors, Bully, both Max Paynes, Beaterator, and all the Midnight Clubs) which are 9s and one even a 10.
You think whatever you'd like, but in my opinion Rockstar is the GOD company of videogames. They've always have been. If it has the Rockstar icon on it, that means buy for me. I've always been pleased and I will continue to buy their games no matter what until I am disappointed. Hopefully that day never comes.
People can tell me they don't like certain games I love. Fine. But to hear someone say that Rockstar ONLY has GTA is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I grew up playing their games ever since they started their company. I have more memories with just GTA 2, Vice City, or Max Payne than any other company's games COMBINED (with the exception of THPS2 and Mafia, those to were truely exceptional).
Just curious, what company do you think has the most amazing games then? What are you going to say? EA or Activision. While Activision has made some great games, their recent years have blown. And EA is starting to get back on the right track recently with Burnout, Rock Band, Dead Space, and Brutal Legend, but almost all their games have DLC released shortly after or even sometimes BEFORE! the game is released. And the story mode is always around 6 hours now. Every, let me check, yes every Rockstar game I've played (which is almost all) has atleast 8 hours of story mode, most around 15. And then there is something NO company can beat in the Action Genre/Shooters is replayability.
Rockstar is King. 

 


ur both dumb, when rockstar decided to make gta4 multiplatform they signed a deal with sony to make thier next big franchise a ps3 exclusive.

and the way there boosting this game means it WILL NOT go multiplatform. And they said there trying to make the ultimate action game so im excited.


Okay, I'm dumb. 
Anyhow, you get back to me when Agent goes multiplatform a year or so after its release just like GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Manhunt, Bully- shall I continue?

 

Message Edited by GTAMOBSTERX4 on 11-05-2009 09:46 PM

I too think that Agent will go multiplatform (unless it really can't work on the other console or will need multiple discs) as will the gta dlc but I still don't feel very optimistic about Agent being a good game. But honestly, after playing through the bare bones gta4, I'm not getting their next gta on day 1 like I usually do; I'll be renting that first.
While I'm sure there are plenty of people who like all of R*'s games, I believe the general consensus of most people is that gta is their strongest player, and that most of their other titles are largely forgettable. And I think you might be the only person who would put a game like State of Emergency or Manhunt 2 over a 5 out of 10. They were pretty bad. Then again, I also think that the last couple of Burnouts were pretty bad too: can't hold a candle to Takedown or Revenge.
I don't want to place a value judgement on your opinion (like some apparently do) but you have to admit that there's a big difference in quality when you compate a game like San Andreas to State of Emergency or even Bully. And personally, I never understood the Midnight Club appeal: it's gta but just with the cars. 
As for companies that consistently release good titles: anything with a Q in the company name. Q Entertainment and Q games both consistently release great (although low budget; but also low price) titles and have never disappointed me.  Even Bethesda is more consistent; Wet wasn't very good but it was still better than SoE or Manhunt 2. R* on the other hand, has disappointed me and from the looks of it, they're past their peak.

 


lol. I'm the only person who would put Manhunt and SOE above 5 out of 10? Are you being serious. Both games were rated by many people and ALL gaming websites higher.  

 


After seeing how highly rated No More Heroes was, I can believe that.
 
My point is that the gta games (unlike R*'s others) are (usually) on a whole 'nother level than other games that are released. Like how most every gamer I know has finished almost every gta game however I don't know anyone who's made it all the way through State of Emergency or Manhunt 2. I do know a couple who finished Bully though so I guess we can hope that Agent will be as good as that.
All I'm say given my experience with non-gta games, I'd much rather have gta dlc, than some random other game they make. As long as both end up getting ported all over eventually, I don't care; I just don't know how much I wont care at that point.

 

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 04/27/2008
Offline
2950 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 12, 2009

Good time to hear news about it... Even if it was a bit late.

 


JSiggy wrote:
news about Agent??  woah I just saw a flying pig!

Believe me when I tell you, when you hear news about a little game called L.A. Noire (also from Rockstar), you will see not a flying pig but a flying bulldozer.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6360 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 13, 2009
i think it will  flop.. There last best game was mid night club  la...  i dont see  them in this market like they use too.  they  got in bed  with  ms and  made dlc for them and praised them and worshipped them..    The  rosckstar  R*  looks  more and more like bladder cancer..   They truly   be trayed my   good will as  a gamer..  I  even bought the rockstar shirt  wore it proudly but  no more.. I  wont buy another rocksta gme unless they  apolize to us.i dnt want there  content,, i dont want there  exclusuve  agent game.. I  want a honest  apology to  the ps home base...  they  said they would be  bettter then the  activisions, the   Ea's..   there no different,, they got the  crotch   swole and   4got about what momma taught them.... they became the  enemy with a   good resume on this side of town,, I  remember when the rockstar dev  team  slept onthe floor  making   grand  theft auto 1,,  5 men in a  1 bed room apt,, turned out a classic  on pc... then   turned out a classic on ps2..  what happen   rockstar?? hw did  all lose yall way??  We forgive yal but  we dont   4get how umade us feel.
Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/12/2009
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 13, 2009
this is probably going to get delayed. not gonna be surprised if it does. grand theft auto got knocked back when rockstar gave out an exact date anyways.
MySpace Codes


Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/19/2007
Offline
1327 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 16, 2009
I hope to hear more about this game, it looks really interesting - and its being made by Rockstar...c'mon it has to be good, right?
Message Edited by jjooee93 on 11-15-2009 05:28 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Offline
24123 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 18, 2009

mcbuttz78 wrote:
i think it will  flop.. There last best game was mid night club  la...  i dont see  them in this market like they use too.  they  got in bed  with  ms and  made dlc for them and praised them and worshipped them..    The  rosckstar  R*  looks  more and more like bladder cancer..   They truly   be trayed my   good will as  a gamer..  I  even bought the rockstar shirt  wore it proudly but  no more.. I  wont buy another rocksta gme unless they  apolize to us.i dnt want there  content,, i dont want there  exclusuve  agent game.. I  want a honest  apology to  the ps home base...  they  said they would be  bettter then the  activisions, the   Ea's..   there no different,, they got the  crotch   swole and   4got about what momma taught them.... they became the  enemy with a   good resume on this side of town,, I  remember when the rockstar dev  team  slept onthe floor  making   grand  theft auto 1,,  5 men in a  1 bed room apt,, turned out a classic  on pc... then   turned out a classic on ps2..  what happen   rockstar?? hw did  all lose yall way??  We forgive yal but  we dont   4get how umade us feel.

That has nothing to do with this game. 1) Speak English. 2) Get over it.

Message Edited by CaptainAlbator on 11-18-2009 12:47 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/09/2008
Offline
990 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 19, 2009
lololollol got in bed with M$!! LOL This guy is right Sony made R* all that money and they stabbed em in the back. However im still getting this game and Red dead..
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6360 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 20, 2009

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:
i think it will  flop.. There last best game was mid night club  la...  i dont see  them in this market like they use too.  they  got in bed  with  ms and  made dlc for them and praised them and worshipped them..    The  rosckstar  R*  looks  more and more like bladder cancer..   They truly   be trayed my   good will as  a gamer..  I  even bought the rockstar shirt  wore it proudly but  no more.. I  wont buy another rocksta gme unless they  apolize to us.i dnt want there  content,, i dont want there  exclusuve  agent game.. I  want a honest  apology to  the ps home base...  they  said they would be  bettter then the  activisions, the   Ea's..   there no different,, they got the  crotch   swole and   4got about what momma taught them.... they became the  enemy with a   good resume on this side of town,, I  remember when the rockstar dev  team  slept onthe floor  making   grand  theft auto 1,,  5 men in a  1 bed room apt,, turned out a classic  on pc... then   turned out a classic on ps2..  what happen   rockstar?? hw did  all lose yall way??  We forgive yal but  we dont   4get how umade us feel.

That has nothing to do with this game. 1) Speak English. 2) Get over it.

Message Edited by CaptainAlbator on 11-18-2009 12:47 AM

 how u  figure i need o to  speak  english  when im  american  indian bro??  Im on  topic.  i put my  2 cents into the topic.  Agent will  flop,  you know it  i know it,  so  dont even go there  ok...    and   what you said was not on topic?  So  uhm with that said  good bye. 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Offline
24123 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 20, 2009

mcbuttz78 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:
i think it will  flop.. There last best game was mid night club  la...  i dont see  them in this market like they use too.  they  got in bed  with  ms and  made dlc for them and praised them and worshipped them..    The  rosckstar  R*  looks  more and more like bladder cancer..   They truly   be trayed my   good will as  a gamer..  I  even bought the rockstar shirt  wore it proudly but  no more.. I  wont buy another rocksta gme unless they  apolize to us.i dnt want there  content,, i dont want there  exclusuve  agent game.. I  want a honest  apology to  the ps home base...  they  said they would be  bettter then the  activisions, the   Ea's..   there no different,, they got the  crotch   swole and   4got about what momma taught them.... they became the  enemy with a   good resume on this side of town,, I  remember when the rockstar dev  team  slept onthe floor  making   grand  theft auto 1,,  5 men in a  1 bed room apt,, turned out a classic  on pc... then   turned out a classic on ps2..  what happen   rockstar?? hw did  all lose yall way??  We forgive yal but  we dont   4get how umade us feel.

That has nothing to do with this game. 1) Speak English. 2) Get over it.

Message Edited by CaptainAlbator on 11-18-2009 12:47 AM

 how u  figure i need o to  speak  english  when im  american  indian bro??  Im on  topic.  i put my  2 cents into the topic.  Agent will  flop,  you know it  i know it,  so  dont even go there  ok...    and   what you said was not on topic?  So  uhm with that said  good bye. 


You're not an American Indian. How do I know? Because no self respecting Native American would refer to himself as that. I have to tell you, that's a new one. Usually everyone goes for computer technician, Navy SEAL, or ultimate fighter. 

 

How do you "know it"? Are you Kreskin? Nobody knows anything about the game and suddenly you're the authority and the only thing you have to back it up with is text speak and "gamer logic". 

 

Speak English, and get over it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6360 posts
 

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 21, 2009

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:
i think it will  flop.. There last best game was mid night club  la...  i dont see  them in this market like they use too.  they  got in bed  with  ms and  made dlc for them and praised them and worshipped them..    The  rosckstar  R*  looks  more and more like bladder cancer..   They truly   be trayed my   good will as  a gamer..  I  even bought the rockstar shirt  wore it proudly but  no more.. I  wont buy another rocksta gme unless they  apolize to us.i dnt want there  content,, i dont want there  exclusuve  agent game.. I  want a honest  apology to  the ps home base...  they  said they would be  bettter then the  activisions, the   Ea's..   there no different,, they got the  crotch   swole and   4got about what momma taught them.... they became the  enemy with a   good resume on this side of town,, I  remember when the rockstar dev  team  slept onthe floor  making   grand  theft auto 1,,  5 men in a  1 bed room apt,, turned out a classic  on pc... then   turned out a classic on ps2..  what happen   rockstar?? hw did  all lose yall way??  We forgive yal but  we dont   4get how umade us feel.

That has nothing to do with this game. 1) Speak English. 2) Get over it.

Message Edited by CaptainAlbator on 11-18-2009 12:47 AM

 how u  figure i need o to  speak  english  when im  american  indian bro??  Im on  topic.  i put my  2 cents into the topic.  Agent will  flop,  you know it  i know it,  so  dont even go there  ok...    and   what you said was not on topic?  So  uhm with that said  good bye. 


You're not an American Indian. How do I know? Because no self respecting Native American would refer to himself as that. I have to tell you, that's a new one. Usually everyone goes for computer technician, Navy SEAL, or ultimate fighter. 

 

How do you "know it"? Are you Kreskin? Nobody knows anything about the game and suddenly you're the authority and the only thing you have to back it up with is text speak and "gamer logic". 

 

Speak English, and get over it. 


you do the same?? the best  advice is your own  advice...   check mate , and  if you check any  job  application  it asks are  you  .   african american, mexican  american ,   white  american. or native  american/indian   but  not of  spanish  decent...   mr  know it all???     If you  dont like my  comment  dont ... be a man,  and ignore ..  TRY IT  U MIGHT  LIKE IT..     dont  ever make  fun of my race agn  boy>>>  ever.. If it wasnt  for  native americans yo     dumb arse would not be here ....  dam arse moto  fruiter.  dang  soccr jck strap  eating  preppy  punk!!!

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 33 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes