Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Re: AGENT Set for a 2010 Release

Nov 4, 2009
news about Agent??  woah I just saw a flying pig!

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 4, 2009

savethezombies wrote:

So.

This Agent game is basically an apology to all the ps3 owners who bought gta4 and are angry about not getting dlc? That's what I got from the statement above.

Maybe it will actually be good if they're trying to win back gta fans but I can't help but remain skeptical. Really, when it comes to truly outstanding games, gta is all they got. They've had a couple of others that were okay but nothing to talk about.

Honestly, after seeing the latest dlc, I'd rather have that (no matter how outrageously overpriced it is) than Agent or LA Noir or whatever they want to call it now.  

Yes, essentially it is an apology. But all you will see soon. Agent will go multiplatform shortly after it is released. And in return, the DLC will come to us. Don't tell me know. I've seen it happen EVERY SINGLE TIME with Rockstar. Yes, EVERY TIME. Not a single time I was proven wrong.
And while I agree GTA is truely their best game, and you'd be a damn fool to say otherwise, they have never let me down. Sure they have some great games that are not outstanding (State of Emergency, Manhunt 2, Red Dead Relover, Table Tennis, The Italian Job, and Smuggler's Run) which are like 7s or 8s, but they have also have spectacular games (all the GTAs, Manhunt, The Warriors, Bully, both Max Paynes, Beaterator, and all the Midnight Clubs) which are 9s and one even a 10.
You think whatever you'd like, but in my opinion Rockstar is the GOD company of videogames. They've always have been. If it has the Rockstar icon on it, that means buy for me. I've always been pleased and I will continue to buy their games no matter what until I am disappointed. Hopefully that day never comes.
People can tell me they don't like certain games I love. Fine. But to hear someone say that Rockstar ONLY has GTA is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I grew up playing their games ever since they started their company. I have more memories with just GTA 2, Vice City, or Max Payne than any other company's games COMBINED (with the exception of THPS2 and Mafia, those to were truely exceptional).
Just curious, what company do you think has the most amazing games then? What are you going to say? EA or Activision. While Activision has made some great games, their recent years have blown. And EA is starting to get back on the right track recently with Burnout, Rock Band, Dead Space, and Brutal Legend, but almost all their games have DLC released shortly after or even sometimes BEFORE! the game is released. And the story mode is always around 6 hours now. Every, let me check, yes every Rockstar game I've played (which is almost all) has atleast 8 hours of story mode, most around 15. And then there is something NO company can beat in the Action Genre/Shooters is replayability.
Rockstar is King. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24364 posts

Nov 5, 2009
One of the games I am very excited for next year.
49ers Sig photo 49ersSig.png
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 6, 2009

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

savethezombies wrote:

So.

This Agent game is basically an apology to all the ps3 owners who bought gta4 and are angry about not getting dlc? That's what I got from the statement above.

Maybe it will actually be good if they're trying to win back gta fans but I can't help but remain skeptical. Really, when it comes to truly outstanding games, gta is all they got. They've had a couple of others that were okay but nothing to talk about.

Honestly, after seeing the latest dlc, I'd rather have that (no matter how outrageously overpriced it is) than Agent or LA Noir or whatever they want to call it now.  

Yes, essentially it is an apology. But all you will see soon. Agent will go multiplatform shortly after it is released. And in return, the DLC will come to us. Don't tell me know. I've seen it happen EVERY SINGLE TIME with Rockstar. Yes, EVERY TIME. Not a single time I was proven wrong.
And while I agree GTA is truely their best game, and you'd be a damn fool to say otherwise, they have never let me down. Sure they have some great games that are not outstanding (State of Emergency, Manhunt 2, Red Dead Relover, Table Tennis, The Italian Job, and Smuggler's Run) which are like 7s or 8s, but they have also have spectacular games (all the GTAs, Manhunt, The Warriors, Bully, both Max Paynes, Beaterator, and all the Midnight Clubs) which are 9s and one even a 10.
You think whatever you'd like, but in my opinion Rockstar is the GOD company of videogames. They've always have been. If it has the Rockstar icon on it, that means buy for me. I've always been pleased and I will continue to buy their games no matter what until I am disappointed. Hopefully that day never comes.
People can tell me they don't like certain games I love. Fine. But to hear someone say that Rockstar ONLY has GTA is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I grew up playing their games ever since they started their company. I have more memories with just GTA 2, Vice City, or Max Payne than any other company's games COMBINED (with the exception of THPS2 and Mafia, those to were truely exceptional).
Just curious, what company do you think has the most amazing games then? What are you going to say? EA or Activision. While Activision has made some great games, their recent years have blown. And EA is starting to get back on the right track recently with Burnout, Rock Band, Dead Space, and Brutal Legend, but almost all their games have DLC released shortly after or even sometimes BEFORE! the game is released. And the story mode is always around 6 hours now. Every, let me check, yes every Rockstar game I've played (which is almost all) has atleast 8 hours of story mode, most around 15. And then there is something NO company can beat in the Action Genre/Shooters is replayability.
Rockstar is King. 

ur both dumb, when rockstar decided to make gta4 multiplatform they signed a deal with sony to make thier next big franchise a ps3 exclusive.

and the way there boosting this game means it WILL NOT go multiplatform. And they said there trying to make the ultimate action game so im excited.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Nov 6, 2009
It's hard to be really interested in something when there is so little info out about it. I'm guessing a late 2010 release.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Nov 6, 2009
im more looking forward to max payne 3 right now because i know more about it thanks to the game informer article a few months back.  im sure agent will be interesting, but they really dropped the ball with the lack of DLC for gtaIV in my opinion.  i know they signed for the big bucks, but they completely alienated half their fan base doing so.  alot of people are really peeved at rockstar and they have legit reasons.  im still hoping they put out some DLC for gtaIV for us, then i might actually play it again.  otherwise, im gonna trade the sucker for something else.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3260 posts

Nov 6, 2009

NeonReaver wrote:
It's hard to be really interested in something when there is so little info out about it. I'm guessing a late 2010 release.

I agree, seeing as how 09' isn't done yet; 10' doesn't carry much water for me.  If its Q3-Q4 of 10', I would just assume to re-forget it.  Now a certain car game, hopefully March/April 10'......I can get hyped on that one.

Did I judge the pulse right, ppl would rather have more GTA than an exclusive 3 title.  Yes, I was there @ midnight for IV; but I had my thirst quenched without dlc.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 6, 2009

I_GooZe_I wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

savethezombies wrote:

So.

Rockstar is King. 

ur both dumb, when rockstar decided to make gta4 multiplatform they signed a deal with sony to make thier next big franchise a ps3 exclusive.

and the way there boosting this game means it WILL NOT go multiplatform. And they said there trying to make the ultimate action game so im excited.

Okay, I'm dumb. 
Anyhow, you get back to me when Agent goes multiplatform a year or so after its release just like GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Manhunt, Bully- shall I continue?

Message Edited by GTAMOBSTERX4 on 11-05-2009 09:46 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Nov 6, 2009

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

I_GooZe_I wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

savethezombies wrote:

So.

Rockstar is King. 

Okay, I'm dumb. 
Anyhow, you get back to me when Agent goes multiplatform a year or so after its release just like GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Manhunt, Bully- shall I continue?

I too think that Agent will go multiplatform (unless it really can't work on the other console or will need multiple discs) as will the gta dlc but I still don't feel very optimistic about Agent being a good game. But honestly, after playing through the bare bones gta4, I'm not getting their next gta on day 1 like I usually do; I'll be renting that first.
While I'm sure there are plenty of people who like all of R*'s games, I believe the general consensus of most people is that gta is their strongest player, and that most of their other titles are largely forgettable. And I think you might be the only person who would put a game like State of Emergency or Manhunt 2 over a 5 out of 10. They were pretty bad. Then again, I also think that the last couple of Burnouts were pretty bad too: can't hold a candle to Takedown or Revenge.
I don't want to place a value judgement on your opinion (like some apparently do) but you have to admit that there's a big difference in quality when you compate a game like San Andreas to State of Emergency or even Bully. And personally, I never understood the Midnight Club appeal: it's gta but just with the cars. 
As for companies that consistently release good titles: anything with a Q in the company name. Q Entertainment and Q games both consistently release great (although low budget; but also low price) titles and have never disappointed me.  Even Bethesda is more consistent; Wet wasn't very good but it was still better than SoE or Manhunt 2. R* on the other hand, has disappointed me and from the looks of it, they're past their peak.

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Nov 6, 2009

savethezombies wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

I_GooZe_I wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

savethezombies wrote:

So.

Rockstar is King. 

Okay, I'm dumb. 

I too think that Agent will go multiplatform (unless it really can't work on the other console or will need multiple discs) as will the gta dlc but I still don't feel very optimistic about Agent being a good game. But honestly, after playing through the bare bones gta4, I'm not getting their next gta on day 1 like I usually do; I'll be renting that first.
While I'm sure there are plenty of people who like all of R*'s games, I believe the general consensus of most people is that gta is their strongest player, and that most of their other titles are largely forgettable. And I think you might be the only person who would put a game like State of Emergency or Manhunt 2 over a 5 out of 10. They were pretty bad. Then again, I also think that the last couple of Burnouts were pretty bad too: can't hold a candle to Takedown or Revenge.
I don't want to place a value judgement on your opinion (like some apparently do) but you have to admit that there's a big difference in quality when you compate a game like San Andreas to State of Emergency or even Bully. And personally, I never understood the Midnight Club appeal: it's gta but just with the cars. 
As for companies that consistently release good titles: anything with a Q in the company name. Q Entertainment and Q games both consistently release great (although low budget; but also low price) titles and have never disappointed me.  Even Bethesda is more consistent; Wet wasn't very good but it was still better than SoE or Manhunt 2. R* on the other hand, has disappointed me and from the looks of it, they're past their peak.

lol. I'm the only person who would put Manhunt and SOE above 5 out of 10? Are you being serious. Both games were rated by many people and ALL gaming websites higher.  

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (26 Views)
0 Likes