First Son
20 posts

Re: AC3: Liberation Reviews Thread

Nov 3, 2012
@ Headless Horseman

Fickle? we just don't like spending hundreds of dollars on something that was promised to be something its not! this supposed all powerful handheld is faltering at every turn when it comes to frame rate! we buy it as a powerful handheld yet it cant handle the games they put out on it! that's **bleep** and being let down.. not "Fickle"
Message 41 of 55 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Nov 3, 2012

KingDrazhar wrote:
@ Headless Horseman

Fickle? we just don't like spending hundreds of dollars on something that was promised to be something its not! this supposed all powerful handheld is faltering at every turn when it comes to frame rate! we buy it as a powerful handheld yet it cant handle the games they put out on it! that's **bleep** and being let down.. not "Fickle"

Actually instead of we, use me, cause im pretty happy with my VITA and so far, not any of my games got framerate issue. 

Message 42 of 55 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Nov 3, 2012

The gaming media loves to trash great games...it gets their sites more unique hits.

Just look at Jim Sterling on Destructoid.

This is a fantastic game.  I like it better than I liked Uncharted Golden Abyss, which is also a fantastic game. 

Message 43 of 55 (211 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6102 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

TheGlue29 wrote:

The gaming media loves to trash great games...it gets their sites more unique hits.

Just look at Jim Sterling on Destructoid.

This is a fantastic game.  I like it better than I liked Uncharted Golden Abyss, which is also a fantastic game. 

Agreed, I love Assassins Creed 3 Liberation, try to play it anytime during my breaks at work! Personally, there are a few people on this site/forum who are either trolling or are Vita owners that were bought into "It's a PS3 in your Pocket!" aka expected ALOT! I'm a fan of the Vita and find the game selection impressive so far but one thing I do hate about the Vita now...

... too many great games are coming out for it now, my wife is gonna hate me Smiley Tongue!

I also agree with nanotyzon, you need to change the we to a you personally as only a few Early adopter/trollers of the Vita set their bars WAAAY too high. I'm guessing I'm one of many that look at the Vita games as handehld games, not Perfected Console ports, I don't even nitpick or compare the handhelds and consoles to eachother - that's VERY stupid to do. I will admit some of the ports do come close like Rayman Origins and the MGS collection,  along with a few others...

Framerates and nuances by you and reviewers did not affect my enjoyment of Assassins Creed 3 Liberation nor N4S Most Wanted (despite cutbacks by Critereon), Still love both games. Does not bother me as a few of you who can't sleep at night...

(P.S. Would like to point out that I noticed a trend in the threads I've posted in tonight - the complainers here have very little post counts aka new people ?)

Message 44 of 55 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

Liberation was in much worse shape before the last (day one) patch, this explains some of the reviewers and early adopters who got their hands on the completed product before street date  complaining about bugs and framerate issues.

you just cant excuse them because you like the underlying game though, they are still there. it is partially limitations of the machine and partially devs trying to push things a little too far with the experience and sacrificing technical aspects of the game. the vita and the engine it is running on just cant stream that much out at once. the devs SHOULD know this and design around it. that is what making a game is at its core.

the game is fun, i enjoyed it. but im not going to ignore the very real issues it does have enlight of how much i enjoyed playing it.

Message 45 of 55 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Nov 3, 2012

im new"ISH" to posting here.. but what the hell does that have to do with my complaints? if i had 5000 posts would this mean im anymore right than somone with 5? no!

im also not saying the game is bad! this is what makes it worse for me! the game is good but the hardware is borderline junk!

i have a LOVE-Hate relationship with my Vita, on one hand its a beautiful little machine thats capable and versitile, but the "Power" capabilities are not WHAT IT WAS MEANT TO BE!

who said i was looking for "Perfect Console ports"? the game is not even a console port so how could i be looking for perfect port? when i spend 300 bucks on a handheld, i expect it to play the games properly without frame rate drops.. Frame Rate drops can make a game un enjoyable! 300 bucks for the Vita and minimum of 20 for a memory card and 40 for the game = over 400 bucks after tax. so yes that to me says it should play games properly! the Vita cant even handle dungeon hunters without massive lag! same game you can get on iphone or ipad.. and it dont lag on them!

Message 46 of 55 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6102 posts

Nov 3, 2012

I did place a ? mark to make a point too, it was merely an obversation rather than me stating a fact. 

The fact is, you are one of the very few who are complaining about this game being unplayable/unenjoyable because you feel the framerate kills it. I and many others find the framerate drops negligible and not at all that distracting to pull me away from our enjoyment of the game. It plays fine in our eyes and I'm having a blast with it. Looks great too for a Vita game.

Me Coming from a 3DS that ran Rayman Origins at 15 - 20 frames a second to the fluid 30 frames a second on the Vita is probably why I can appreciate anything on the Vita as being marginally better than the 3DS. If you feel the Vita should do more than it should, well you are naive in putting the bar for Vita higher than it really is. This is not the "PS3 in your pocket" that Sony stated, this is a very worthwhile handheld that is capable of somewhat PS3 graphics.

Do you have a PS3 by chance? I paid $600 for that thing when it came out and despite devs having kits for 360 and PS3, often 3rd party games ran a bit rougher than the 360 counterpart (locked 30fps vs unlocked 20-30frps frame drops). You know what though I still played and enjoyed the PS3 3rd party games that had frame drops - still had fun with them. Example: Loved Bioshock on PS3 despite the frame drops less sharpness compared to the 360 version. 

Not everyone is as nitpicky as you and a few others, alot of us are having a good old time with Assassins Creed Liberation, I simply can't put it down as it's a really great game! 

Now to counter, you do know these frame drops that bother you isn't the Vita's fault, it's the dev's fault. The Vita is a new piece of hardware they have to work with and with that, they have to learn the ins and outs of it in time, learning with each year how to work with the Vita's strengths and weaknesses. The PS3 struggled in the beginning with 3rd part devs having issues getting some games up to par graphics and framerate wise with the 360 counterpart (Bayonetta and the earlier Treyarch COD is examples.). IT took time but eventually devs started getting real close or sometimes besting their PS3 versions over the 360. The Vita has been out for one year, the original titles from 3rd party devs might be a bit rough around the edges but still playable and enjoyable to alot of people that just want to have a fun time.

Another thing, Assassins Creed 3 Liberation runs on a tweaked Assassins Creed 3 engine that is being used on the consoles. There is constant frame drops on the console versions of Assassins Creed 3 and you don't see people crying over that, the game still looks great and plays fine for anyone to enjoy. Not going to cry about my console not being capable of running Assains Creed 3 like you are. IT's the DEVS OF THESE GAMES I should be asking why it's like this. So should you if you think Assassin Creed 3 Liberations doesn't run well, you should be pointing your finger at them. The Vita is capable of great games, great looking ones, and great playing ones! Look at First party games from Sony's Studio's, run fine and play fine. Some des know how to work with the systems good and bad points, Look how Critereon did the N4S Most Wanted port, looks fantastic and runs well - did an excellent job of a port while many know what the cutbacks were (less traffic, a few graphical adjustments like filtering). 

Moral of the Story, the Vita is worth the $300+ I spent for it, and there are some great games on it for anyone to enjoy. Assassins Creed 3 Liberation plays fine and looks great and with patches (since one did pop up shortly after release), I'm sure it will get better. Don't blame the Vita for the shortcomings that upset you, you should be blaming the devs. Some have a knack of learning how the [Vita] systems work and try to work with the Advantages and disadvantages there of, while a few others struggle. I find that the guys behind the Assassins Creed 3 Liberation did a bang up job and I guess like the saying goes that no matter how much work you put into something, you can't make everyone happy.

Conversation done btw, i now remeber why during the PS3 days that I left this forum. I was active until 2009 during the early PS3 days but came back when Little Big Planet Vita came out. I ran into ungrateful people like you who felt entitled to something more than others due to how much they spent on a piece of hardware. The costs doesn't mean jack! You should take into account that you are investing in a product that should get better in time. If you think spending $400 on the Vita was a disappointment and you expected more, YOU are the reason why you feel like this. I bought a PS3 on launch for $600, it was worth every penny as the years went on. Back with Vita I bought the 3G model + 32GB memory stick and 8 games so far on it, do you know how much that is? $700+! This doesn't take into account of the me buying PSP and PSOne classic titles, tack on $300+ to the $700. Why, I see the Vita as an investment of great entertainment Value!

You remind me of the people now a days who are "phone/tablet gamers" who feel it's outrageous to spend over $5 on anything in the app store... Disposable income is not the case here, if you buy something, you should be good and ready to not set the bar too high for anything that is just starting out from nothing

Message 47 of 55 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Nov 3, 2012

nanotyzon wrote:

Actually instead of we, use me, cause im pretty happy with my VITA and so far, not any of my games got framerate issue. 

Try New Little King's Story then. That, and AC3: L patchless was pretty bad. Far from being unplayable, but certainly annoying~.

Message 48 of 55 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6102 posts

Nov 3, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

nanotyzon wrote:

Try New Little King's Story then. That, and AC3: L patchless was pretty bad. Far from being unplayable, but certainly annoying~.

I agree, so glad we are in anera where patches can patentially fix things that seems problematic. IF you see that patch notes of Assassin Creed 3, they fixed alot of things and I'm sure they will do more in the future as they figure out how to improve the game performance.

Message 49 of 55 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

@ Headless Horseman

1st off! im not a cell phone/tablet gamer! i hate gaming on them, that's why I got this Vita! And I could pretty much just stop at the fact you were a 3DS player and now! Appreciate the Vita because that pretty much says it all!

do I have a ps3? Yes.. Yes I do. Always have had one and up until this years E3 it pretty much sat on the entertainment center as a pretty dust collector! Was the ps3 really worth 600 bucks? NO! Not even close! Is it the better system of the 2 heavyweights? No not really!

so why have I decided to abandon the 360 since E3? Because I hate how Microsoft are milking people to the bone with the current gen and failed to announce a new system or anything of the sort, yet still continue to charge for xbox live..

the Moral of "MY" story is this! I am no MUG! And wont tolerate people mugging me off like M$ are right now! And when I spend good money on ANYTHING! That automatically gives me the right to say what I feel about whatever it is I have spent my money on!

if we was all like you! And bent over and dropped our pants and took it and appreciated it all so much, things would never get better! These companies need to hear these things, so they can fix them in the future!

and don't you dare tell me who to be upset with! im telling it as it is!!!! Sony should not sell something as something it is not! Then maybe Dev's would of taken a slightly more subtle approach on these things.

even Sony's own "Naughty Dog" can't prevent the lag! As there was a few times during the awesome adventure of Uncharted that I got frame drops.

and the only reason I mentioned the Iphone was because of  dungeon hunters alliance.. Its laggy as all hell on the vita, but not on the iphone!

but if you are satisfied with spending 1 grand on unpolished products from any company.. Go right a head and just keep on bending over man!

Message 50 of 55 (139 Views)
0 Likes