Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: AC3: Liberation Reviews Thread

Nov 1, 2012

marc2henri wrote:

same here. im not number 6 on the most wanted list. this game keeps sucking me in. and i wanna beat acl and ac3 lol 

alien_jew_420 wrote:

i gotta say too need for speed blew me away. just popped it in 15 minutes in i can tell this game like crack. and i'm not really into racing games. i literally have not bought one since original burnout on xbox. if ur near a best buy or target, go rock a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

I got NFS:MW the same as AC:3L and im trying SO hard to not put it back in till i beat AC3:L, Which is an awesome game so far, but NFS:MW is seriously **bleep** amazing.... lol

Message 31 of 55 (283 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12546 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Already finished ac3 liberation with 100% synch. It was fun, but a little underwhelming
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 55 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Nov 1, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:
Already finished ac3 liberation with 100% synch. It was fun, but a little underwhelming

So will the longest part of getting the plat be the multiplayer trophies i presume?

Message 33 of 55 (276 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 1, 2012

i picked up AC: Liberation and Need for speed most wanted, and I'm pretty happy with the both of them, but just like our Alien Jewish friend, Need for Speed most wanted looks and plays great. Mind you there isn't as much traffic as the console versions but it is one impressive driving game on the vita. AC: Liberation is a little buggy (somewhat) but I think that the bugs are minor and can and probably be fixed with future patching. I recommend both games, except i have to give the nod to Need for Speed, and I personally like to shoot things when I play games and not drive cars, but NFS rocks.

Message 34 of 55 (273 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12546 posts

Nov 2, 2012

ChrisTerror wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

So will the longest part of getting the plat be the multiplayer trophies i presume?

Probably.

Message 35 of 55 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
206 posts

Nov 2, 2012

After reading some of the critic's review of Liberation, I am having a feeling so far that the Vita version of this franchise hasn't been given a fair shake.

First off, it's one of the few games that really gets to show off what the Vita can (and shouldn't) do and rather than being a shrunken down version of its console brother, it's a separate game in the same era.

The story so far:

As anyone who has read knows, this is the first game of the franchise to have a female lead by the name of Aveline and the story takes place in New Orleans. Not much is known about her except that she lives in a rich household and is an assassin. I am hoping along the lines as I play, we learn how she got involved. We have learned about the others before her including Conner so it would be nice for some back story.

Controls

Let's get right to it. The touch controls are gimmicky and while it's not a game breaker, it's not helping the game play either. I have had to do weird things like hold my Vita to lights and slide my fingers across the screen just so to open a letter. Thank goodness this doesn't happen too often but thankfully some of these moments don't always require complex touchscreen meaneuvers and that is a plus. Touch screen chain kills are hit or miss but some are just downright cool as you pull them off. Otherwise, the controls are very responsive and give me a mobile experience I have been looking for.

Sound

After fiddling around with the settings, I managed to find a good blend of music in the background and atmosphere in the foreground and while it may not be much immersive sound, it's still enough to give you a feel of being in the Big Easy in the 1700s. A lot of French speaking citizens, building noises and some of the usual sounds to give a nice ambiance for a game like this; it works for what it is.

Graphics

While it is one of the best looking games to appear on the Vita since Uncharted, it also suffers from some of the same glitches of the consoles where there are weird clipping errors and NPC bugs which can cause a flower to attack when he shouldn't be attacking and people who blink in and out of scenery. It's not game breaking however, but on the other hand the game is indeed gorgeous and one can see the contrast between this and Boston.

Other cool things one may like

One of the things I really like is that Aveline can change costumes near the appropriate buidlings and each costume has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. Also for each costume, there are different alerts. She can even charm or bribe officers to help her get to places that she needs to go and that within itself is why I like what they did with this character. They let her act like a female and use her `feminine whiles' to distract as she gets her missions done and that is just one of the many weapons at her disposal.

Conclusion

This is pretty much the experience one can hope to imagine for the PS Vita. While so far it may not have the best story, graphically speaking and control wise, it's a good mobile Assassin's Creed experience one can get while on the go.

Message 36 of 55 (242 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12546 posts

Nov 2, 2012

The Vita oriented controls were just AWFUL.

I rememeber one example specifically (not REALLY a spoiler, but nevertheless):

Spoiler
During the puzzle where you have to navigate a ball in a circular maze to the center, the physics just seemed WAY off. Took forever to get it to the center of the maze (using the gyroscope) within 2 minutes for the Full Synch)

Message 37 of 55 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Here's a link!:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/01/assassins-creed-liberation-test-chamber.as...

check out this Game Informer - Test Chamber episode... there's really no spoilers but gives a good idea as to how the game is and how it plays.

Message 38 of 55 (224 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Nov 2, 2012

ChrisTerror wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

I am not a fan of multi-player but even so the MP in Liberation seems lame. I won't be getting the Platinum in Liberation but hope that I will finish it at some point. Just feels real slow so far.

Message 39 of 55 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Game is amazing, the light stuff with the camera is the only awful thing. I had to find online that you're supposed to turn the Vita. the instructions for that were terrible. 

Otherwise, this game deserves awesome reviews. But the gaming media is fickle. 

Message 40 of 55 (172 Views)
0 Likes